Best Buy Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Wichita, KS) in January 2010.

Interview

Got a call back and going in tomorrow for the interview.

User Interface Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

First a phone call interview, then a take-home assignment and finally an in-person interview. The take home assignment is a bit ambiguous and you're meant to make up a lot of the suspected user problems. When in the interview keep in mind to say things like "I assumed this would be a problem which is why I came up with this solution". The in-person interview is a bit strange as the main interviewer is answering texts and reading their computer.

Interview Questions

• The read over my resume in detail and really focused on the user testing aspect.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

First I had a phone interview, followed by in-person interview with Hiring Managers and then a third with Director. Everyone was so lovely, the job sounded wonderful, and the office was great. Unfortunately I wasn't successful, though.

In-House Video Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Took about 45 mins. Did back to back interviews. First with two people that work in that department. Followed up by a similar interview with the hiring manager. Typical interview questions. Nothing out of the norm.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you faced conflict and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Watch out! These guys are gathering "design exercises" or "test tasks" - basically make you work for free. I spent a few days redesigning one of their pages and then half a day to present it to a group of 10 employees. I didn't get any follow up. However after about 2 months all my ideas went live on Best Buy website.

Corporate - ECommerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

The HR coordinator that chose the phone interviews (and subsequently in-person interviews) was very responsive and helpful.

Phone interview (30 minutes). Then in-person interview with 3 managers, 1 director (direct report). 2 hours in-person interview.

Relaxing first half interview. Gradually gets specific (specific questions about the specific position). It's a large company, so they were looking for a specific skillset rounded off by other secondary skills. I believe that I didn't get the job due to the fact that I was missing key components (technical ones).

In any case, the managers and the director were courteous and asked relevant questions. There were more than 150 applicants total, and 10 to 15 got in-person interviews, so it's a +/- 0.7% chance of getting the job.

Interview Questions

• If you had a dream job, what would it be?   1 Answer
    • What was the most important financial decision you made?   Answer Question

Director of Applications Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. Nothing standing out. I have been asked about my past experience from my resume and about experience about items from the position description that were not in my resume. Interviewer was very enthusiastic about my qualifications and said that he would definitely follow up within two to three weeks. Two to three months I am still waiting for his call. Very unprofessional! No wonder that whenever I visit their stores there are so few other clients.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your responsibilities in your current position   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brantford, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Brantford, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

Was called the day of applying and was asked simple questions
    What is customer service to you? and availability

Was called for an in-store interview with two managers.
    Asked for my experiences relating to customer service and why am I a good choice at Best Buy. Very good interview and enjoyed it

Was called for a second interview with the store manager and was asked more in-depth questions relating to customer service and my past jobs

Am waiting to see if I am picked

Mobile Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

1st phone interview. It sort of caught me off guard as I wasn't expecting any calls or anything. 2nd in person interview was alright. Not too difficult. A lot of situational type questions. Hardly lasted 25 minutes. Waiting for a call back

Interview Questions

• What skills from your past experience is relevant to the current position   Answer Question

Ecommerce Business Administrative(Contract) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an email for scheduling a phone interview in about a week. There were time slot options between 8:30am and 4:00pm and I did it in the morning because I had work between 9am-5pm. It was the right next day I got the email for phone interview scheduling, so I didn't have enough time for preparation and I ended up not being selected for the in-person interview but it was good to have that experience for my other interviews.