Best Buy Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Canada Interview Questions

Updated Nov 4, 2017

2.4

Telephone Technician - Geek Squad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied on Tuesday evening, and got a call yesterday from someone in BC who left a voicemail asking me to call back or text when a good time to contact me again would be. I texted back that 11 AM would be good. I am in Atlantic Canada.

11 AM came and went, so I texted and said that perhaps they were mistaken about time, and they responded that they were indeed. They then texted and said they would have another agent contact me in 15 minutes.

An hour went by and I hadn't heard anything, so I texted that they may as well contact me at the original 11 AM (3 PM here). By 3:20 PM, I'd heard nothing, and decided to let it go to voicemail.

The team lead and referral person I mentioned in the application agreed that, while they are busy, this is unacceptable.

Interview Questions

• When I would be available for a phone screen.   1 Answer

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Watch out! These guys are gathering "design exercises" or "test tasks" - basically make you work for free. I spent a few days redesigning one of their pages and then half a day to present it to a group of 10 employees. I didn't get any follow up. However after about 2 months all my ideas went live on Best Buy website.

User Interface Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

First a phone call interview, then a take-home assignment and finally an in-person interview. The take home assignment is a bit ambiguous and you're meant to make up a lot of the suspected user problems. When in the interview keep in mind to say things like "I assumed this would be a problem which is why I came up with this solution". The in-person interview is a bit strange as the main interviewer is answering texts and reading their computer.

Interview Questions

• The read over my resume in detail and really focused on the user testing aspect.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

There were three interviews. First there was a phone interview, then an inperson interview with the assistant manager, and then yet another interview with the general manager. They asked basic questions about your customer service skills, role played a bit, and asked/orally quizzed you on your over all technology knowledge

Interview Questions

• They asked about specific tech items   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Ecommerce Business Administrative(Contract) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an email for scheduling a phone interview in about a week. There were time slot options between 8:30am and 4:00pm and I did it in the morning because I had work between 9am-5pm. It was the right next day I got the email for phone interview scheduling, so I didn't have enough time for preparation and I ended up not being selected for the in-person interview but it was good to have that experience for my other interviews.

Interview Questions

Interview

Received a response to my application 2 weeks after submitting it. Interviewed over the phone first with the direct manager for around 30 minutes and was asked to come into the corporate office for a second interview. Met with the direct manager and vice-president for the second interview which lasted around 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe the type of work you're doing with your current employer?
      How do you balance the objectives of other partners with your objectives?
      What motivates or drives you in your work?
      Explain what you would do in your first 30, 60, 90 days of starting the job.
      Explain what you would change about the current Best Buy website? Why?
      If you can't get all of your work done in the day, what do you do?
      How comfortable are you in situations with conflict and negotiations?   Answer Question

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Had a 20min phone interview with HR. Asked standard questions: long term goals, why work here, accomplishments, etc. She scheduled me for an interview with the Merchandising manager a couple days later. With the manager, he rushed through a bunch of behavioral questions and seemed in a hurry (his phone kept vibrating). He didn't seem interested in my experience/qualifications.

Interview Questions

• - Describe a goal you set and achieved
      - Tell me how you deal with time pressures   Answer Question

Data and Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview one on one, than a reporting test in excel on scenario's of reporting data. Show intermediate to advance skills in excel. Casual office setting in a state-of -the-art building.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call within 2 weeks. During that phone call, I had an interview with them. They asked me for a second interview but this time in person. The interview was horrible, the manager was 15 minutes late (they were renovating) then when we were about to start, she had something to do and came back to me 20 minutes later... We had a quick interview, but I was already pissed off so.🤷🏾‍♀️😂

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ajax, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Ajax, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

Few more candidates were there for the interview. I was asked to fill out the same application form you fill out online. Interview was about 20 mins long. He introduced himself as GM.