Best Buy Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 2, 2017

2.4

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Watch out! These guys are gathering "design exercises" or "test tasks" - basically make you work for free. I spent a few days redesigning one of their pages and then half a day to present it to a group of 10 employees. I didn't get any follow up. However after about 2 months all my ideas went live on Best Buy website.

Ecommerce Business Administrative(Contract) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an email for scheduling a phone interview in about a week. There were time slot options between 8:30am and 4:00pm and I did it in the morning because I had work between 9am-5pm. It was the right next day I got the email for phone interview scheduling, so I didn't have enough time for preparation and I ended up not being selected for the in-person interview but it was good to have that experience for my other interviews.

Store Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewer didn't know what he was needing wanted all the information to come from me, asked inappropriate questions regarding current and previous employers and personal status. Would i be able to review some existing processes and comment on them before another meeting

Interview Questions

• which contractors did I work with that could transfer across to best buy?   1 Answer

Interview

Received a response to my application 2 weeks after submitting it. Interviewed over the phone first with the direct manager for around 30 minutes and was asked to come into the corporate office for a second interview. Met with the direct manager and vice-president for the second interview which lasted around 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe the type of work you're doing with your current employer?
      How do you balance the objectives of other partners with your objectives?
      What motivates or drives you in your work?
      Explain what you would do in your first 30, 60, 90 days of starting the job.
      Explain what you would change about the current Best Buy website? Why?
      If you can't get all of your work done in the day, what do you do?
      How comfortable are you in situations with conflict and negotiations?

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Had a 20min phone interview with HR. Asked standard questions: long term goals, why work here, accomplishments, etc. She scheduled me for an interview with the Merchandising manager a couple days later. With the manager, he rushed through a bunch of behavioral questions and seemed in a hurry (his phone kept vibrating). He didn't seem interested in my experience/qualifications.

Interview Questions

• - Describe a goal you set and achieved
      - Tell me how you deal with time pressures

Data and Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview one on one, than a reporting test in excel on scenario's of reporting data. Show intermediate to advance skills in excel. Casual office setting in a state-of -the-art building.

Home Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guelph, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Guelph, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online for seasonal winter position. Received a call from Best Buy HQ the same day. Essentially had a phone interview during that call (basic questions, nothing out of the ordinary). After phone interview, HQ had asked if I was able to come into the store the next day for a one on one interview.

The next day, I had met with a Sales Manager who pretty much asked me the same questions as the phone interview. Questions regarding electronic/ sales knowledge also. Sales manager said he liked me then asked if I could come back in an hour and meet with the GM.

Came back an hour later, met with the GM and more personal/sales/scenario questions were asked. GM asks what department you are interested in and asks you questions regarding said department (What is 4K technology, Who is the leading television manufacture, Difference between OLED and SUHD?). Got hired on the spot and Started the next day.

Since position was seasonal contractual, I was hired for 3 months and then hired on as a regular part-time afterwards. Work hard and stay committed, you will succeed.

Before the interview, review the in-store flyer as well as any online promotions to ensure that you are at least somewhat informed and up to date for the interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do/ steps would you take in a situation where a mother is searching for a toy for her child, but the store does not seem to have it in stock?   Answer Question

Product Process Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (West Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

First of all, a supervisor called me and scheduled an interview with him, after that interview I was scheduled another interview with the general manager of the store. Both were very professional and clear. They explained the whole process and also let me ask questions about the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe good customer service?
      Why did you apply for this position?
      What do you know about Best Buy?

In-House Video Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Took about 45 mins. Did back to back interviews. First with two people that work in that department. Followed up by a similar interview with the hiring manager. Typical interview questions. Nothing out of the norm.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you faced conflict and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

one Phone call interview, one In Person interview with the sales manager and general manager. Overall pretty simple. There was a few other candidates waiting to be interviewed before and after me. Upon offer, there was a date set for all new hires for orientation.