Best Buy Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Canada Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.4

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

One phone interview followed up by one in person interview. The phone screening was pretty straight forward and was not performed by management they asked basic questions about my interests and past sales experience. The one on one in person interview was casual and questions asked were of the "your in this situation" how would you react, how would you deal with irate or unhappy customers, and what products would you recommend for x customer.

Interview Questions

• If a customer came in to buy a laptop what other products would you recommend to go with it.   1 Answer

Software Consultant - Java Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview went smooth. I got the call through a recruiter and then answered some questionnaire questions, coded an assignment project and once I got the result back I was called next week for an in person interview, went there and the manager was very friendly and I felt very welcome there, after that we entered a room with some other few devs and they gave me a block of code to fix and suggest improvements, after that asked me some questions about java and spring and some other technical background questions. In overall it was a very smooth interview, I would say an average level of difficulty.

Interview Questions

• Explain details of Spring framework, correct block of code (suggest improvement), home assignment project (given an algorithm problem) not too hard.   Answer Question

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Hr call then through to the VP of Store design etc... talked a while about technology and current role, looking for ideas as what to do different rather than capabilities. Seemed confident on the business of electronics, not so much the business of the stores direction.

Interview Questions

• What would I do differently?   1 Answer

Not confident in what they are doing....still shopping in Cambie though....great job....

User Interface Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

First a phone call interview, then a take-home assignment and finally an in-person interview. The take home assignment is a bit ambiguous and you're meant to make up a lot of the suspected user problems. When in the interview keep in mind to say things like "I assumed this would be a problem which is why I came up with this solution". The in-person interview is a bit strange as the main interviewer is answering texts and reading their computer.

Interview Questions

• The read over my resume in detail and really focused on the user testing aspect.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

There were three interviews. First there was a phone interview, then an inperson interview with the assistant manager, and then yet another interview with the general manager. They asked basic questions about your customer service skills, role played a bit, and asked/orally quizzed you on your over all technology knowledge

Interview Questions

• They asked about specific tech items   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

1st Interview was 5 mins long on the Telephone, they ask simple questions about customer experience.

If you pass this the interview the person on the person will give you an interview with the manager.

2nd Interview was in-store with the floor manager which lasted 30 mins and consisted of more in depth customer related questions

If you pass the 2nd interview they will call you to schedule an interview with the GM

3rd Interview with GM lasted 30 mins and it was more of a 1 on 1 conversation. The person wants to get to know you and your personality. He will ask a few questions related to BestBuy.

Be confident, Smile, and ask a lot question. Show them that you a interested.

Interview Questions

• when dealing with an angry customer, how do you handle the situation   1 Answer

Mobile Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coquitlam, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Coquitlam, BC (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

The resume should be handed in person because I never found where to upload it online, and make sure you are confident the entire time and friendly because from personal experience it goes a LONG way (Hired on the spot).

Interview Questions

• Describe a customer service issue you've dealt with and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Lead Digital Design Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was quickly contacted by a technical recruiter within 3 business days. He scheduled a 30 minute phone interview and following that, asked for my upcoming availability and said that he would get back to me with a time to come for a 2 hour, in-person interview at the CHQ office in Burnaby. The in-person interview was comprised of 2 panels, each 1 hour long. The first panel assessed technical ability and industry experience, and was a mixture of both senior leaders and discipline specialists. I was asked to conduct a presentation to the group prior to them asking me specific questions. The second panel assessed cultural fit, as this is a very important value in the company. The second panel was much more casual and also a way to ask questions specific about the company, the working environment, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in joining Best Buy?   Answer Question
    • What's one thing you would immediately recommend improving on the Best Buy website?   Answer Question

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, no referral. Next week I got a small phone interview, then I was asked to come in person the same day for another interview. I got interviewed by the supervisor then the sales manager. Overall, the questions were pretty easy relating to the position but the supervisor (who turned out to be the biggest jerk ever) asked really strange Apple like questions that caught me off guard by a lot. I was hired after the interview and started 2 weeks in.

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

I was referred to by friend who worked there at the time. I also applied at a time when my department was short staffed.
    The interview was surprisingly short and was around less than 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What would you sell with a computer?   1 Answer