Best Buy Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Canada Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2017

2.4

SEASONAL PART-TIME SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in St. Catharines, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (St. Catharines, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Had two interviews, one a sales manager, and another immediately after with the store manager. Was hired on the spot - but I don't think this is a typical situation.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a difficult customer & how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada in July 2016.

Interview

phone interview, general manager, sales manager interview. All situational questions, behavioural questions. Hired on the spot after the third interview. Told me training process and how much im going to make. Just be yourself and be prepared for questions.

Interview Questions

• Why Best Buy?
      What is your ideal manager?
      Tell me about your past work experience
      If you saw a coworker stealing a chocolate bar what would you do?
      If you saw a coworker stealing what should happen to them?
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brantford, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Brantford, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

Was called the day of applying and was asked simple questions
    What is customer service to you? and availability

Was called for an in-store interview with two managers.
    Asked for my experiences relating to customer service and why am I a good choice at Best Buy. Very good interview and enjoyed it

Was called for a second interview with the store manager and was asked more in-depth questions relating to customer service and my past jobs

Am waiting to see if I am picked

Product Process Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (West Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

First of all, a supervisor called me and scheduled an interview with him, after that interview I was scheduled another interview with the general manager of the store. Both were very professional and clear. They explained the whole process and also let me ask questions about the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe good customer service?
      Why did you apply for this position?
      What do you know about Best Buy?
      Answer Question

Mobile Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

1st phone interview. It sort of caught me off guard as I wasn't expecting any calls or anything. 2nd in person interview was alright. Not too difficult. A lot of situational type questions. Hardly lasted 25 minutes. Waiting for a call back

Interview Questions

• What skills from your past experience is relevant to the current position   Answer Question

Ecommerce Business Administrative(Contract) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an email for scheduling a phone interview in about a week. There were time slot options between 8:30am and 4:00pm and I did it in the morning because I had work between 9am-5pm. It was the right next day I got the email for phone interview scheduling, so I didn't have enough time for preparation and I ended up not being selected for the in-person interview but it was good to have that experience for my other interviews.

Costumer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Got a call asking for some examples of good costumer service and asking why BestBuy and inviting to interview. Did 2 interviews, one with an assistant manager and other with general manager. Both were very friendly and asked a few questions about my previous experiences and also gave me some situations to see how I would proceed ("what would you do if an angry costumer yells at you?"). After that, somebody called and offered me a part-time position in costumer service.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions but more specific to the retail environment like: "if you catch an employee steeling what would you do?" "how would you help a costumer who wants a product that isn't in stock?" "how would you help a costumer who asks for advice on a laptop for his/her kid?"   1 Answer

Sourcing Interview

Application

Interview

Hiring manager was very disorganized and difficult to comprehend throughout the conversation. The job posting didn't really match what was described during the interview. However, it is important to note that every position has a different hiring manager so each experience will vary accordingly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to deal with a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (London, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Fairly standard, typical questions, easy - first interview was on the phone, then had 1:1 with operations supervisor, and then another interview with the GM. Our GM was extremely laid back and fun.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North York, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (North York, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The Interview process took about a week. They call you for a quick phone interview first, and then ask to come in for a in person interview. The phone interview was pretty straight forward just regular sales job questions on the internet, and the in person interview was the same.

Interview Questions

• The questions were basic sales questions you can find online   Answer Question