Best Buy Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Canada Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.4

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

phone screen then went in for an interview the next day
    very simple questions you can find the most answers online if you have any issues.
    it was a one on one interview
    iwas offered a position but declined because i found another job paying better
    overall a very good experience and had I not found something else i would have accepted the position.

Interview Questions

Interview

Received a response to my application 2 weeks after submitting it. Interviewed over the phone first with the direct manager for around 30 minutes and was asked to come into the corporate office for a second interview. Met with the direct manager and vice-president for the second interview which lasted around 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe the type of work you're doing with your current employer?
      How do you balance the objectives of other partners with your objectives?
      What motivates or drives you in your work?
      Explain what you would do in your first 30, 60, 90 days of starting the job.
      Explain what you would change about the current Best Buy website? Why?
      If you can't get all of your work done in the day, what do you do?
      How comfortable are you in situations with conflict and negotiations?
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied on line, I got a phone interview after 4 days, I was invited to interview to store manager, very friendly they asked me behavioral question? tell me about yourself,after that I visited general manager, very nice, friendly, he asked me about my experience. I got offered and I did police check and urine test

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Kingston, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

After I applied online, I received a phone call interview within the first week. Best Buy does a lot of hiring in October for the Holiday season and the entire process was very smooth.
    Upon completion of the phone call, I was scheduled an in-person interview for the following week.
    After success with the first interview, I received another interview with another manager.

All three interviewers were extremely helpful, kind and I connected well with them.
    Within a week of the final interview, I was offered the job with my requested hourly wage.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Best Buy?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if your saw a co-worker stealing who put it back when you confronted them?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

-quick
    -easy
    -simple
    -straight forward
    -fun

came in and filled out papers

talked to the GM and he was extremley nice and understanding, knew what he was doing and was a good interview from there, got hired on the spot and filled out more papers, pretty easy but they were hiring a lot due to the holiday season, just be confident and seem like you know what youre doing and youll be hired

Interview Questions

• what do you know about computers

if you saw an employee friend of yours what would you do

whats the biggest challenge and how did you overcome it
      1 Answer

Part-Time, Multiple Departments Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied on line and got a call within a week. The person on the phone asked me some standard questions (availability, why Best Buy etc.) and then she scheduled me an interview with the general manager. When I went for that interview it was VERY laid back in the sense that he decided not to go off the interview questions and he just got me to talk about my work experience history and he asked questions based off that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is not much negotiations when you are initially hired but switching departments or from part time to full time you can try. Shoot high as they will go lower.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

Got a phone call the day after i applied. It was a simple interview asking about my availability, which department I want to work at, as well as how I would describe good customer service. Got a call again the day after, asking me to come in - the one on one interview was about 5 days later. I came in for my interview, manager was very nice and polite. He was very professional. He introduced himself, then I introduced myself. After answering 5-10 questions, he asked if I had any. TIP FOR EVERYONE - everytime an interviewer asks you if you had any questions for them, always ask a question - they will know that you are really interested in working there. In my case, I asked what my responsibilities are and what the hiring process is like. He told me that accepted applicants will get a review by the end of the week. I got a call 3 days later. Interview lasted maybe 15-20 minutes. After 2 months (around the first week of January) I got asked if I wanted to stay and I said yes. About 10 out of 15-20 seasonals were asked to stay.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Best Buy?   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation where you had a great customer service experience.   Answer Question
    • What would make you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you witnessed someone stealing? What if it was a coworker? What if it was me (referring to himself, Manager)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

didnt negotiate, i thought pay was going to start at $10.30 (i'm a student) but the hiring manager told me it was 11.25. and when i checked my paycheck it was actually $11.50. no complaints there. plus, now we also have a performance review every 6 months, and we can get a raise, ranging from 1-5%. was not expecting that either. they have great benefits as well.

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ajax, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Ajax, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone interview that afternoon from a CSR. Went in for a second interview that day with the assistant manager. Asked me to come back the next morning for an interview with the GM. Was hired part time despite applying for a seasonal position because they "saw potential for growth".

Interview Questions

• What customer experience do you have?   1 Answer

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Scarborough, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

I was referred for the position through a friend. I was called in for an interview with the sales manager. Then I was called in for a final interview to sign a couple of documents and start training.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any retail experience?
      If you saw a co-worker/friend stealing a very small item, what would you do?
      1 Answer

Home Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guelph, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Guelph, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online for seasonal winter position. Received a call from Best Buy HQ the same day. Essentially had a phone interview during that call (basic questions, nothing out of the ordinary). After phone interview, HQ had asked if I was able to come into the store the next day for a one on one interview.

The next day, I had met with a Sales Manager who pretty much asked me the same questions as the phone interview. Questions regarding electronic/ sales knowledge also. Sales manager said he liked me then asked if I could come back in an hour and meet with the GM.

Came back an hour later, met with the GM and more personal/sales/scenario questions were asked. GM asks what department you are interested in and asks you questions regarding said department (What is 4K technology, Who is the leading television manufacture, Difference between OLED and SUHD?). Got hired on the spot and Started the next day.

Since position was seasonal contractual, I was hired for 3 months and then hired on as a regular part-time afterwards. Work hard and stay committed, you will succeed.

Before the interview, review the in-store flyer as well as any online promotions to ensure that you are at least somewhat informed and up to date for the interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do/ steps would you take in a situation where a mother is searching for a toy for her child, but the store does not seem to have it in stock?   Answer Question