Best Buy Canada Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Canada Manager Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted directly by the hiring manager the whole process and there was no involvement from HR.

I applied online and immediately got a response from the hiring manager a few hours later asking for an interview a few days later. The first interview was a total of 3 hours and included a presentation/case study and 3 different individual 1:1s (the hiring manager, another colleague manager and a director).
The manager informed me that I would hear back shortly and less than a week later, I heard back about a second round of interviews. That interview was an hour long.
I was told that I would hear back after they interviewed one more candidate in 2 weeks. I got nervous because that probably meant that they were waiting to see other people and I wasn't their first pick... but exactly 2 weeks later, I heard back from the hiring director.
The whole process took a month from application to offer letter - which is very fast considering the complaints on Glassdoor. I was very pleased by how prompt they were on communication and how fast the process went.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy Canada

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

Standard interview protocol, referred by current employee, submit resume online, conduct telephone interview, conduct interview with HR, conduct interview with department VP conduct interview with department leads, HR background check, reference check, receive offer

Interview Questions

• all of the questions were related to my past experience and how those would benefit the company, there were many questions about the transitions between jobs and there were questions about previous leaders and how they would rate me in certain areas. there were no personality type of questions or how I would respond to certain situations   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada in March 2008.

Interview

Online Test, phone interview then two one on one interviews. The questions in the book they use are dated. Kind of boring. Interviews were long and not organized.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you set a goal and didn't achieve that goal   Answer Question