Best Buy Canada Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 4, 2017

2.5

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Wichita, KS) in January 2010.

Interview

Got a call back and going in tomorrow for the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy Canada

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brantford, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Brantford, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

Was called the day of applying and was asked simple questions
    What is customer service to you? and availability

Was called for an in-store interview with two managers.
    Asked for my experiences relating to customer service and why am I a good choice at Best Buy. Very good interview and enjoyed it

Was called for a second interview with the store manager and was asked more in-depth questions relating to customer service and my past jobs

Am waiting to see if I am picked

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North York, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (North York, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The Interview process took about a week. They call you for a quick phone interview first, and then ask to come in for a in person interview. The phone interview was pretty straight forward just regular sales job questions on the internet, and the in person interview was the same.

Interview Questions

• The questions were basic sales questions you can find online   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied on line, I got a phone interview after 4 days, I was invited to interview to store manager, very friendly they asked me behavioral question? tell me about yourself,after that I visited general manager, very nice, friendly, he asked me about my experience. I got offered and I did police check and urine test

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

-quick
    -easy
    -simple
    -straight forward
    -fun

came in and filled out papers

talked to the GM and he was extremley nice and understanding, knew what he was doing and was a good interview from there, got hired on the spot and filled out more papers, pretty easy but they were hiring a lot due to the holiday season, just be confident and seem like you know what youre doing and youll be hired

Interview Questions

• what do you know about computers

if you saw an employee friend of yours what would you do

whats the biggest challenge and how did you overcome it   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

The general manager was the only one present. Brief, comfortable and welcoming interview. He thoroughly went over my resume before hand, and I was quizzed about my experience and learned skills from my last job and how they would translate to my good performance in this one. Privacy was maintained as it was done in a usually open access office for management but locked out for the matter at hand.

Interview Questions

• What do you think should be the consequences to employees found responsible for theft in store?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Catharines, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Saint Catharines, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Three interviews, the first one being over the phone, the second with a "senior associate" and third with the general manager. Called me back an hour after i left the first interview to set up a time for the second. At the second interview they asked basic questions about stealing and security, that kind of thing and hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What are some closing techniques?
      What can you bring to the store?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call about 4 days later with a brief phone interview, asked basic questions such as why do you want to work at best buy? and some availability questions as well. At the end of the phone interview, was asked to come in for an in-person interview 2 days later, met with a supervisor, who went through a booklet of questions which was quite thorough, took about 30 minutes to complete the interview, was then set up for a final interview with the general manager, who asked alot of the same questions, was hired on the spot at the end of that interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada.

Interview

Manager called me in for an interview within 2 hours of applying. She asked very easy questions and even said that i have a job offer but I just need to meet with the GM. The GM interview was a few days later and it lasted about 5 minutes. Pretty much a repeat of the first interview. He said he'd give me a call the next week. I recieved no call.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call asking if I was still interested in the position. After I said yes they invited me in for an interview with the assistant manager. After that interview was completed, I waited about a week and a half before hearing back from Best Buy. They invited me in for a second interview, only this time it was with the GM of the store. We went over policies, salary, and again he asked me "why do you want to work here?". After that day I went home and about four hours later I received a phone call informing me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Best Buy?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't attempt negotiation since I'm a student and they were offering above min wage.