Best Buy Canada Interview Questions in Vancouver, BC | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 30, 2017

2.6

In-House Video Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Took about 45 mins. Did back to back interviews. First with two people that work in that department. Followed up by a similar interview with the hiring manager. Typical interview questions. Nothing out of the norm.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you faced conflict and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Director of Applications Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. Nothing standing out. I have been asked about my past experience from my resume and about experience about items from the position description that were not in my resume. Interviewer was very enthusiastic about my qualifications and said that he would definitely follow up within two to three weeks. Two to three months I am still waiting for his call. Very unprofessional! No wonder that whenever I visit their stores there are so few other clients.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your responsibilities in your current position   1 Answer

Corporate - ECommerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

The HR coordinator that chose the phone interviews (and subsequently in-person interviews) was very responsive and helpful.

Phone interview (30 minutes). Then in-person interview with 3 managers, 1 director (direct report). 2 hours in-person interview.

Relaxing first half interview. Gradually gets specific (specific questions about the specific position). It's a large company, so they were looking for a specific skillset rounded off by other secondary skills. I believe that I didn't get the job due to the fact that I was missing key components (technical ones).

In any case, the managers and the director were courteous and asked relevant questions. There were more than 150 applicants total, and 10 to 15 got in-person interviews, so it's a +/- 0.7% chance of getting the job.

Interview Questions

• If you had a dream job, what would it be?   1 Answer
    • What was the most important financial decision you made?   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Watch out! These guys are gathering "design exercises" or "test tasks" - basically make you work for free. I spent a few days redesigning one of their pages and then half a day to present it to a group of 10 employees. I didn't get any follow up. However after about 2 months all my ideas went live on Best Buy website.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted directly by the hiring manager the whole process and there was no involvement from HR.

I applied online and immediately got a response from the hiring manager a few hours later asking for an interview a few days later. The first interview was a total of 3 hours and included a presentation/case study and 3 different individual 1:1s (the hiring manager, another colleague manager and a director).
    The manager informed me that I would hear back shortly and less than a week later, I heard back about a second round of interviews. That interview was an hour long.
    I was told that I would hear back after they interviewed one more candidate in 2 weeks. I got nervous because that probably meant that they were waiting to see other people and I wasn't their first pick... but exactly 2 weeks later, I heard back from the hiring director.
    The whole process took a month from application to offer letter - which is very fast considering the complaints on Glassdoor. I was very pleased by how prompt they were on communication and how fast the process went.

Mobile Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

1st phone interview. It sort of caught me off guard as I wasn't expecting any calls or anything. 2nd in person interview was alright. Not too difficult. A lot of situational type questions. Hardly lasted 25 minutes. Waiting for a call back

Interview Questions

• What skills from your past experience is relevant to the current position   Answer Question

Ecommerce Business Administrative(Contract) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an email for scheduling a phone interview in about a week. There were time slot options between 8:30am and 4:00pm and I did it in the morning because I had work between 9am-5pm. It was the right next day I got the email for phone interview scheduling, so I didn't have enough time for preparation and I ended up not being selected for the in-person interview but it was good to have that experience for my other interviews.

Sourcing Interview

Application

Interview

Hiring manager was very disorganized and difficult to comprehend throughout the conversation. The job posting didn't really match what was described during the interview. However, it is important to note that every position has a different hiring manager so each experience will vary accordingly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to deal with a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Store Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewer didn't know what he was needing wanted all the information to come from me, asked inappropriate questions regarding current and previous employers and personal status. Would i be able to review some existing processes and comment on them before another meeting

Interview Questions

• which contractors did I work with that could transfer across to best buy?   1 Answer

Home Solutions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Easy they needed workers during the switch over from FS to BB. I applied through a third party website, got a call and interview the same date. One on one with the Sales Manager. Very basic questions. Hired on the spot, started the next day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for BB?   1 Answer