Best Buy Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2017

2.4

Cashier Interview

Interview

Met with two different managers, both were extremely nice and helpful with the process. The questions weren't too difficult, and they did a very good job of getting to know the candidate. They were also open to placing you in different departments, based off of your strengths and preference. It wasn't too long, and it was nice to learn more about the retail industry.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I received a phone call to schedule an interview from an employee (not a manager or a supervisor). I was told in the phone call that I had received an in person interview. The first interview was with the front end lead. This interview seemed easier than my second interview. I was called back a second time for a second interview with the general manager. This second interview seemed like it was slightly shorter than my first in person interview but it was more stressful because it was with the general manager. I know sometimes Best Buy has job fairs and it may be easier to get a position if you attend a job fair, which are usually around the holidays. Also, make sure that you dress business casual even though it is not really a business-y job. I know applicants who were not considered because they wore jeans.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were sick and could not come into work?   Answer Question
    • How would you sell this product (she grabbed a product from the shelf)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Torrance, CA).

Interview

Went to a job fair and had 2 interviews back to back. Interview process was pretty easy. they ask the basic questions like why should we hire you, what is your previous work experience, etc

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Orlando, FL).

Interview

You will likely be asked questions about your teamwork skills, your interpersonal relations, your management style or your ability to work in a diverse environment. Review the job posting again and try to anticipate other likely areas of questioning, and prepare honest and concise answers that highlight relevant aspects of your work history and life experience. Remember that there may be questions you did not anticipate: when this happens, breathe and take a moment to think through your experiences to find the best answers.

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Akron, OH).

Interview

Fast and easy. It was a group interview, maybe 12 in a room and you just go around and discuss your experience and learn about the company. They basically either offer you the job in the same day, or at least let you know what they decide.

Cashier Interview

Interview

relax and calm not really stressful but really when you go to the interview they will know right off bat if they want to hire you or not. so dress to impress and don't wear jeans and shoes you won't get the job

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

one of the managers asked me to convince him to buy a granola bar. I did as he asked and after I got the job "on the spot", he came up to me and told me he loved my personality.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

pretty simple and easy you go through 2 interviews the 2nd one is like your hiring one. They give you a call they go through they're questions for you it might have changed from when i was an employee i've noticed they do things a little differently

Interview Questions

• explain a situation where you had to overcome a problem with someone you don't like   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (McKinney, TX).

Interview

The process was always pretty good! The interviewers were friendly and laid back - very easy to talk to. Best Buy can be pretty casual, so it's good to relax and be yourself. If you really want the job, you might want to display a lot of confidence in your sales abilities. Also, be prepared to answer a few questions about your personal experiences with customer service. It can be a little difficult to get a job with Best Buy, but if you emphasize service and sales, you're playing to their sweet spot.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work at Best Buy?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable selling to other people?   Answer Question
    • What was one experience where you witnessed terrible customer service?   Answer Question
    • What was one experience where you witnessed great customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Macedonia, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Macedonia, OH).

Interview

I actually applied for the cashier position, however I was interviewed by the manager of home theater and that is the department I started in before going to the warehouse.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about working in television sales/   Answer Question