Best Buy Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.3

175 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (McKinney, TX).

Interview

The process was always pretty good! The interviewers were friendly and laid back - very easy to talk to. Best Buy can be pretty casual, so it's good to relax and be yourself. If you really want the job, you might want to display a lot of confidence in your sales abilities. Also, be prepared to answer a few questions about your personal experiences with customer service. It can be a little difficult to get a job with Best Buy, but if you emphasize service and sales, you're playing to their sweet spot.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work at Best Buy?   Answer Question
  • Are you comfortable selling to other people?   Answer Question
  • What was one experience where you witnessed terrible customer service?   Answer Question
  • What was one experience where you witnessed great customer service?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Macedonia, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Macedonia, OH).

Interview

I actually applied for the cashier position, however I was interviewed by the manager of home theater and that is the department I started in before going to the warehouse.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about working in television sales/   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

They like when you give them real life stories of situations. Give good details of certain situations when you're explaining what you would do in a certain situation. Talk about why it's important to give the customer a good experience in-store. What makes the client shop in-store opposed to just shopping online on amazon.com. Lead competitor

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a customer was unhappy or disgruntled. What did you do to resolve the problem, what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Had to go on 3 interviews with 3 different people. general manger, and two store mangers. same interview process as it would be if your were interviewing for a fast food resturant

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Basic interview process, 1on1 setting, asking questions based on resume and aspirations. There's not really much to say regarding the interview it was short and sweet and everyone was nice.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

It was a fun interview process. Management at my store used to be very laid back. We cut up a lot in my interview. Basic interview questions, why best buy? I was asked about my sales experience as well as customer service experience. tell us about a time you succeeded as part of a team. They had me role play a sale. I was asked about my interest in technology, how confident i was in my ability with electronics.

Interview Questions

• if someone steals what should happen to them   2 Answers

Negotiation

I am not good at negotiating pay. I found out later that i should have asked for more up front. but, i was hired in temporary, became part time, later became full-time.

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Jackson, MS) in March 2015.

Interview

It was very laid back. I waited in a room until my interviewer came in. She introduced herself. Told me about her role. What I would be doing. She had me tell her about myself. Once I got to know her, I opened up. They are very relaxing and cool.

Interview Questions

• They asked typical "Describe a situation in which you..."   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything. Everything was straight forward.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

3 interviews, all long and almost the same questions. Try to be very enthusiastic and energetic about your answers. Go well dressed as that is a major factor in getting the job. Speak clearly and confident and have direct eye contact with interviewer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Kennesaw, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Pretty horrible. The room was littered with trash and bugs. Made it very distracting while trying to swat away flies while a the manager is asking you interview questions. People kept popping in and out of the room. Low pay. I would advise only for people who are serious about working for Best Buy and need a job immediately. Otherwise it was very unprofessional interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped a customer out   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

There was one interview after the interview they send a acceptation letter to your email than you take a drug test and wait for training. it was easy most of the time. but some parts were hard when you did not understand things

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they paid me 9.50 and hour