Best Buy Interview Questions in Charlotte, NC | Glassdoor

2.6

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Charlotte, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

Sent in resume. Was invited to job fair of which during 4 hours there were only 2 candidates. Had an interview with someone who had been there 18 months. She took a lot of notes. Interview lasted 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• How I kept up with new technology. How I dealt with difficult customers. Had I services or assisted customers in prior roles. What was my background.

With a BS, MBA and over 25 years of IT experience assisting people, vendors, etc.. I did not get the position. I also had my own PC repair and sales business for 2 years about 12 years prior. And I had experience in floor sales and customer service for a short time with JC Penney and Amazon. The interviewer seemed impressed and was to pass the info to the general manager. I was rejected. I distinctly feel there was age bias and they preferred a younger person.   Answer Question

Best Buy General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Charlotte, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview / hiring process is very structured. All applicants get questions from an interview guide. There is very little opportun ity to ad lib. Very situational as far as the questions go.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went the extra mile for a customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was very generous and required no negotiation

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Charlotte, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Overview of past experience in retail and sales. Talked about the importance of communication. Discussed Best Buy mission statement and vision; also talked about how company is not based on commission. Went over my resume and all retail/customer service experience.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you had to overcome an obstacle in the workplace?   1 Answer

Geek Squad Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Charlotte, NC) in June 2013.

Interview

Recommended by friend. Went to website and applied. After 2 weeks or so, I got a call. Went into the interview. Nice guys, easy and basic questions. Nothing too far out there. No logical questions or anything, just the basic strengths, why we should hire you, what do you like, why you chose best buy, what do you see yourself do etc.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Best Buy (Charlotte, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

Apply online first. I applied several times and it took nine months to actually get an interview, when they were about to start hiring for the holidays. (Others in my employee orientation class said they were called for an interview within a few weeks.)

The first interview was with the manager from computers/mobile. The second was with the manager from home theater. (This was the position I was applying for.) The third and final was with the general manager. They finally told me that they had a position in the Mobile department if I wanted it. And after job hunting for several months, I took it.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Typical questions about theft, sales, getting along with co-workers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating; they gave me what I asked for, which makes me wonder if I should have asked for a little more.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Charlotte, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

Prepare to answer such as why should we hire you and be able to think about previous experiences bad and good.

Geek Squad Counter Intelligence Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Charlotte, NC) in October 2011.

Interview

After a couple weeks of trying to reach the manager by phone, scheduled an interview. Interview consisted of non-technical questions and were more based on teamwork and achievment (ex. 'What is an example of a time when a member of your team did not pull their weight and how did you handle it?').

Interview Questions

• How would you solve a problem as a team when each member has a different solution?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Charlotte, NC) in October 2011.

Interview

Submitted application online and followed up with store. They asked questions about availability and scheduled an interview. Had a total of 3 interviews. First with a supervisor, Second with a manager, and then the final with the store manager. Was offered employment on interview with general manager.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Charlotte, NC) in June 2011.

Interview

3 days, 3 different levels of management. 20 questions each, problem solving.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy, very optional.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Charlotte, NC) in November 2010.

Interview

Online application was a bit tedious and time consuming. It took me 6 years to get an interview. Luckily I knew someone who recommended me. The interview itself was very easy.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself and your selling style in one sentence.   Answer Question