Best Buy Interview Questions in Charlotte, NC | Glassdoor

Best Buy Interview Questions in Charlotte, NC

2.5

Best Buy General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Charlotte, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview / hiring process is very structured. All applicants get questions from an interview guide. There is very little opportun ity to ad lib. Very situational as far as the questions go.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went the extra mile for a customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was very generous and required no negotiation

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Charlotte, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Overview of past experience in retail and sales. Talked about the importance of communication. Discussed Best Buy mission statement and vision; also talked about how company is not based on commission. Went over my resume and all retail/customer service experience.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you had to overcome an obstacle in the workplace?   1 Answer

Geek Squad Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Charlotte, NC) in June 2013.

Interview

Recommended by friend. Went to website and applied. After 2 weeks or so, I got a call. Went into the interview. Nice guys, easy and basic questions. Nothing too far out there. No logical questions or anything, just the basic strengths, why we should hire you, what do you like, why you chose best buy, what do you see yourself do etc.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Best Buy (Charlotte, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

Apply online first. I applied several times and it took nine months to actually get an interview, when they were about to start hiring for the holidays. (Others in my employee orientation class said they were called for an interview within a few weeks.)

The first interview was with the manager from computers/mobile. The second was with the manager from home theater. (This was the position I was applying for.) The third and final was with the general manager. They finally told me that they had a position in the Mobile department if I wanted it. And after job hunting for several months, I took it.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Typical questions about theft, sales, getting along with co-workers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating; they gave me what I asked for, which makes me wonder if I should have asked for a little more.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Charlotte, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

Prepare to answer such as why should we hire you and be able to think about previous experiences bad and good.

Geek Squad Counter Intelligence Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Charlotte, NC) in October 2011.

Interview

After a couple weeks of trying to reach the manager by phone, scheduled an interview. Interview consisted of non-technical questions and were more based on teamwork and achievment (ex. 'What is an example of a time when a member of your team did not pull their weight and how did you handle it?').

Interview Questions

• How would you solve a problem as a team when each member has a different solution?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Charlotte, NC) in October 2011.

Interview

Submitted application online and followed up with store. They asked questions about availability and scheduled an interview. Had a total of 3 interviews. First with a supervisor, Second with a manager, and then the final with the store manager. Was offered employment on interview with general manager.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Charlotte, NC) in June 2011.

Interview

3 days, 3 different levels of management. 20 questions each, problem solving.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy, very optional.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Charlotte, NC) in November 2010.

Interview

Online application was a bit tedious and time consuming. It took me 6 years to get an interview. Luckily I knew someone who recommended me. The interview itself was very easy.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself and your selling style in one sentence.   Answer Question

Cashier/Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Charlotte, NC) in March 2010.

Interview

My Best Buy interview experience was one of the best I've ever had. I applied online and took the (dreaded) personality test. 2 days later I received a call from a manager requesting that I come in for an interview. During the phone call he also asked me a few questions about why I wanted to work there and such. I arrived 20 minutes early for the in-person interview (a big plus for those of you getting ready for an interview) and I was interviewed about 10 minutes later. Three managers interviewed me together as a panel. All three were super friendly, and made the situation comfortable. They asked some of the typical questions (why do you want to work at Best Buy etc...) but there were also A LOT of situation questions. This wasn't a problem for me because I had prepared for those types of questions and would advise anyone else to do the same. Even if you haven't really had the experience they are asking about, create a hypothetical situation so they get an idea of what you would do. At the end they gave me some feedback, which was helpful- they said I made great eye contact, looked professional, spoke confidently, and they loved that I came early. I was also informed that they would meet with the GM of the store and a few other supervisors, and together they would decide if they would hire me or not. The panel that interviewed me seemed really enthusiastic, so I am hopeful that I will hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you saw a fellow employee handle a customer badly.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to work with someone you didn't like.   Answer Question
    • What signals from a customer let you know it is time to close the sale?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to put someone else's needs before your own.   Answer Question