Best Buy Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.3

122 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Video/Television Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Best Buy (Deerfield, IL).

Interview

Basically it was down and dirty. Almost no questions about my experience or where I wanted to work in the store. I met with the store manager who seemed very knowledgeable . Because the interview was so close to the holiday season he was in a hurry to fully staff the store. That was the priority as compared to my desires.

Interview Questions

• What do I know about computers?   1 Answer

Home Theater Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Skokie, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview, Was asked basic questions, availability, previous work experience quite short about 10 minutes. Be sure to ask questions! ex: When do I expect to hear back? dont stress it and it will all be A-ok Took about 1 week for a call back.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work weekends?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Geneva, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I was called and had an interview scheduled after passing the online test and application process. Had an interview with the Assistant Store Manger, who was very unprofessional, and actually dropped several F-bombs in the process of the interview

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you've failed to reach a goal and how did you respond to that?   Answer Question

Merchandising Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valparaiso, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Valparaiso, IN).

Interview

Basic interview with your typical questions. I felt they age discrimated me. It was obvious. I felt because I was a woman the young man interviewing me didn't think I could do some of the requirements. Which was lift 40lbs at times. I have worked in a stockroom environment and lifted move etc many things 40 pounds etc.

Interview Questions

• They asked "Name a time you went out of your way for a customer".   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Vernon Hills, IL).

Interview

got a phone call, was asked to come in interviewed with one manager passed his interview was asked to come back for my last interview with the GM and got hired

Interview Questions

• if you don't know something how to find out   1 Answer

Negotiation

didn't really have experience so there wasn't a negotiation phase

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

phone interview prescreen interview with supervisor interview with general manager drug screen background test very friendly representatives until you get the job. overall not bad just not what I expected. too many upsales

Inventory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

They asked me about my hobbies and some of my interest, the times i would be available to work, how i would approach a situation ie. If you saw someone stealing what would you do.

Interview Questions

• If you saw someone attempting to steal what would you do   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Bolingbrook, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

It was only three steps with me. THe first interview was a phone interview that seemed more like a checklist of questions. The second was with a floor lead and they asked basic situational questions. The last interview was with the GM and they asked almost the same questions as the floor lead. If they show interest they will ask for availability.

Interview Questions

• If a co worker looks in need of help and there are multiple customers in the store how would you handle this situation.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Schaumburg, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

They ask personality questions to get to know you and scenario questions. There's a background check and a one time drug test. Other than that the interview was really easy.

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Northbrook, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

You meet with the lead agent/manager of the store, and from there they ask you some questions, but nothing really notating you knowledge. The manager I dealt with didn't seem too sharp on how to fix PC's nor do anything really technical.