Best Buy Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2017

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Geneva, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I was called and had an interview scheduled after passing the online test and application process. Had an interview with the Assistant Store Manger, who was very unprofessional, and actually dropped several F-bombs in the process of the interview

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you've failed to reach a goal and how did you respond to that?   Answer Question

Merchandising Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valparaiso, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Valparaiso, IN).

Interview

Basic interview with your typical questions. I felt they age discrimated me. It was obvious. I felt because I was a woman the young man interviewing me didn't think I could do some of the requirements. Which was lift 40lbs at times. I have worked in a stockroom environment and lifted move etc many things 40 pounds etc.

Interview Questions

• They asked "Name a time you went out of your way for a customer".   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Vernon Hills, IL).

Interview

got a phone call, was asked to come in interviewed with one manager passed his interview was asked to come back for my last interview with the GM and got hired

Interview Questions

• if you don't know something how to find out   1 Answer

Negotiation

didn't really have experience so there wasn't a negotiation phase

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

phone interview prescreen interview with supervisor interview with general manager drug screen background test very friendly representatives until you get the job. overall not bad just not what I expected. too many upsales

Inventory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

They asked me about my hobbies and some of my interest, the times i would be available to work, how i would approach a situation ie. If you saw someone stealing what would you do.

Interview Questions

• If you saw someone attempting to steal what would you do   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Email exchange followed by an interview scheduling with the managers within the financial sector in the company. The interbiew lasted an hour, 30 mins per interviewer that called back-to-back to speak with me.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me some examples of complicated functions that you used in Excel? How did you use them?   Answer Question

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Northbrook, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

You meet with the lead agent/manager of the store, and from there they ask you some questions, but nothing really notating you knowledge. The manager I dealt with didn't seem too sharp on how to fix PC's nor do anything really technical.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the most challenging things I had done.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I received a phone call to schedule an interview from an employee (not a manager or a supervisor). I was told in the phone call that I had received an in person interview. The first interview was with the front end lead. This interview seemed easier than my second interview. I was called back a second time for a second interview with the general manager. This second interview seemed like it was slightly shorter than my first in person interview but it was more stressful because it was with the general manager. I know sometimes Best Buy has job fairs and it may be easier to get a position if you attend a job fair, which are usually around the holidays. Also, make sure that you dress business casual even though it is not really a business-y job. I know applicants who were not considered because they wore jeans.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were sick and could not come into work?   Answer Question
    • How would you sell this product (she grabbed a product from the shelf)?   Answer Question

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Went in the morning while they were doing interviews , and it was a basic questions from a list sort of thing. They wanted someone to work specific hours so that was maybe why they didn't move forward with hiring me. It was overall an easy interview , and not stressful at all. I would try to apply again.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Probably a week after applying, I received a phone call where I was asked about my availability, if I was comfortable working other positions, and on a scale of 1 to 5--how interested I was in working for best buy compared to other businesses. Set up an interview time. I had to wait to meet the manager that was reviewing me due to unforeseen circumstances that I completely understood. The manager asked me specific questions out of a corporate packet and graded my answers in front of me.
    My answers where good enough to bring in the other hiring manager who asked me more questions. I was then offered the position right there. I now have 24 hours to accept the position and once accepted, 48 hours to take a drug test.
    However, instead of just being in Customer Service, I am going to be a cashier for however long they deem appropriate and then they will train me for working in Customer Service.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Best Buy?
      Describe a time where you...
      Answer Question