Best Buy Computer Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 21, 2017

2.3

97 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Citrus Heights, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Citrus Heights, CA).

Interview

1st - over the phone. Show excitement. Pretty easy
2nd - In-person with #2 manager in store.
3rd - In-person with GM of store. Offered job at the time.

The 2nd and 3rd interviews are very similar. Just a way for the top 2 managers to get to know you.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

It was easy, there were two interviews, one with the department manager and one with the GM. I received my official offer about a week or two later. After that I had to go take a drug test (pee test)

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Wichita, KS) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, took 2 weeks for a call back. I went in and sat for a while before being called. Interview was really chill and cool with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you had hardships at a previous job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Avon, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Avon, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

I showed up for the interview and the interview could not be reached. I stood around for a half hour waiting for him to show up. I found it horribly unprofessional for a person to blow off an interview like that. Finally the geek squad manager took pity on me and did the interview. The interview was easy. I was told I needed a second interview with the General Manager.
    Luckily I was given another job and had to cancel the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you struggled.   Answer Question
    • How would you approach a situation where four customer approached you at once.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hurst, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Hurst, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was at 5:00PM. Arrived at 4:40PM. Sales manager greeted me and took me to the back room. Sat down with him and started asking me about my previous job experiences. Very nice guy, sprung up a few nice little conversations. Asked if I would report anyone stealing. Asked if you ever been on a team then asked what you didn't like and did like.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever deal with a difficult customer? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been part of a team? What did you like and dislike about it?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with someone stealing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy not difficult at all just apply and pretty much you will be fine plus know a little about what your talking and the interview is easy

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Columbia, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

Took one day was hired on the spot because I had a lot of experience and showed motivation for the position. Required a phone interview prior to in store interview. Asked questions ab the company and asked about hypothetical situations.

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge with technology?   1 Answer

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Typical customer service questions making sure you are typically side with the store and management. I first applied for the seasonal but if you do well enough you get the opportunity to get an extended job offer.

Interview Questions

• Is the customer always right?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Buffalo, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Was pretty easy, fast, and painless process. I only did two interviews and was hired on the spot. Just had to do drug test after I accepted the offer.

If you can BS and look good doing it then it's not hard to get a job here (or anywhere for that matter).
    Any bit of charm will pretty much get you the job. Most people 18-25 years old suck at selling so not much competition.

I had both the sales manager and the department supervisor at the first interview. Then the second interview was with the Assistant store manager one-on-one.

Interview Questions

• General questions you would expect. ie

"How would you overcome a customer's objections?"

"What was one time you failed and how did you learn from it?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you're good at something don't ever do it for free.

Anonymous Employee in Bluffton, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Bluffton, SC).

Interview

Easy interview. Get to know you interview and asked behavioral questions. Just want to make sure you are the right fit and understand that it is a customer service, people-person role. Very important to be about the people.