Best Buy Computer Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Computer Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Best Buy

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Did my first interview with the computer sales manager. He was very straight flowered ask all the basic interview questions. For example: what is a situation where you had to work as a team, conflict you had to overcome, things of that nature. Second interview had it with the GM, she was very nice, her questions were more about situations you could be in. For example: what would you do if you had a customer asking questions about product you did not know, things like that. After that it was orientation and then training.

Interview Questions

• what is a situation where you had to work as a team
    conflict you had to overcome
    what would you do if you had a customer asking questions about product you did not know   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Have had 3 1st best buy interviews, finally got a second interview after 3 tries. But if you do your homework and have an open schedule, than you will get a second interview

Interview Questions

• This was the hardest question for me, and ive never seen it posted on here, but "tell me about yourself"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bluffton, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Bluffton, SC).

Interview

Easy interview. Get to know you interview and asked behavioral questions. Just want to make sure you are the right fit and understand that it is a customer service, people-person role. Very important to be about the people.

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in September 2015.

Interview

I had a two step interview process, first with the sales manager. The sales manager asked mostly customer service questions, such as customer interaction and social skills. Not a lot of technical questions, just the basics like RAM, processors, graphics cards, etc. They will teach you more about computers during the training process. The Second interview was with the General Manger, this interview was mostly about security and asset protection. Theft and fraud is a big issue at Best Buy so the GM has to make sure the potential hire is honest and won't stoop to stealing from the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with an unhappy customer, how did you deal with the situation?   Answer Question
    • If you were the manager or boss of a business and you find that one of your employees was stealing, whether it be money or a small candy bar, what would you do with said employee?   Answer Question

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Typical customer service questions making sure you are typically side with the store and management. I first applied for the seasonal but if you do well enough you get the opportunity to get an extended job offer.

Interview Questions

• Is the customer always right?   1 Answer

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy in June 2016.

Interview

Didn't hear back for a week, called Best Buy and got an interview with the hiring manager. Two days later, I met with the general manager and received a job offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to go above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (College Park, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

Usually takes a few days to have an interview with the hiring manager, assistant manager and store manager. the first on is an over the phone interview if you pass then its with the assistant then general store manager.

Interview Questions

• If you saw one of your friends stealing something from the store even if its just a dollar, what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Oakland, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Boss was super late so it somewhat forced to give the job. employed on the spot with decent hourly salary. two people interviewed me. a manager and then once general manager arrived he interviewed. as i said i think because he was late i got the offer because man was i acting sloppy that day. anyways yay i like that place its alright very decent place and fun. The interview was not intimidating or hard. this was also in the season of shopping so they might of been very desperate to hire.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Charlotte, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Overview of past experience in retail and sales. Talked about the importance of communication. Discussed Best Buy mission statement and vision; also talked about how company is not based on commission. Went over my resume and all retail/customer service experience.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you had to overcome an obstacle in the workplace?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Peoria, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Very sloppy hiring process with some pretty easy questions, but took forever to finally get started. Never really given that much information on what to do. I usually had to be the one to contact them, but at least that shows incentive

Interview Questions

• If you could be anyone who would you be   1 Answer