Best Buy Computer Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Computer Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.5

Computer Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

First, you had to pass the online test - common sense quiz. Short, 5 minute phone interview to make sure you can keep a conversation. One interview with your direct supervisor then one with the general manager of the store. Short and typical retail interview.

Interview Questions

• Name one thing where you had to work together in a team.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Computer Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

phone interview then assistant manager then GM Mostly behavioral questions just be positive and say no to stealing but thats obvious simple and quick and easy process dress in business casual since thats the uniform code

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions. Most important is regarding to stealing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Best Buy (Hickory, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Walked in during the job fair they had the day and interviewed with the dept supervisor, not much to the questions as far as tech wise - was more focused on customer service

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Fort Collins, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and called back a few days later. They set me up with an interview for a couple days later. The guy that interviewed me was very nice, he brought me into the home theater section which was kind of distracting. The interview took about 20 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I talked to a lady on the phone regrading my availability then went in for an interview. Didn't get the job unfortunately. I followed glassdoor for a few tips before I went in for my interview. I was told I should get a call for another interview but didn't receive it.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you worked with another group in your company   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (North Charleston, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewing with Best Buy is quite extensive for a job in retail. It's a 3 stage interview process; first being by phone, second being by department head, and third being the General Manager.

This part wasn't too bad-- however, trying to simply accept the job was a total nightmare. I called every day for 2 weeks trying to inform someone I wanted the position.

Interview Questions

• General Manager: "If you were me, and you found out an employee was caught stealing-- what would you do?"

Me: "Fire them, and contact the local authorities"

General Manager: "What if it was just something small, like a pack of gum or something like that?"

Me: "Big or small, theft is theft. I would have to fire them."
      Answer Question

Computer Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in June 2014.

Interview

Very easy, had to call to remind that i was an applicant, They finally called me in, i went through 2 interviews, there was supposed to be an over the phone interview, but they skipped right over that one. I was hired with in two weeks of when they called back.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Columbus, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

Was asked general behavioral questions. The General Manager primarily asked about interactive experiences and how this could benefit his store. When I responded about helping the customer to find a solution that suits their needs, I was told that the focus should be on how they can get the customer to want the product.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had a conflict with someone and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Miami Beach, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three interviews. The mostly asked you questions about your customer service past, not really focusing on what you know about technology The first interview was with the manager of the department you applied for and is just an introduction about yourself and your experience in customer service, the second was with the GM of the store asking more in depth questions about the position you are interviewing for, mostly looking to see if you have a willingness to learn about the technology you are going to sell. and the final interview is with the GM again going over the expectations of the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a specific time you when above and beyond a customers expectation to give them exceptional service.   Answer Question

Computing Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Reston, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

I have applied online, attached CV and Cover letter. Next week I had received an email for the interview which I had first with the Store manager. Second interview was with the GM few days after.

Interview Questions

• Store manager was more focused on the skill set, experience and knowledge that I have. GM was more focused to see how I can fit the company culture and the work environment of that specific store.

Questions that are related to experience in working with coworkers and customers, such as
      - tell me a bad situation that you had with a customer/coworker and how you solve it?
      - why BBY?
      - what are your strengths and weaknesses?
      - why computers?
      and similar