Best Buy Computer Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 10, 2017

2.5

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Lewisville, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, had first interview (with Geek Squad Manager) within 3-4 business days, second interview a couple days later (this time with the GM), third (with Mobile Manager) a few days later. I think I had three interviews because they needed me more for a different department than the one applied for and wanted to have me meet the manager for whom I'd be working directly (Mobile).

After all the interviews, I waited a couple more days then was offered a position, pending a background check, which took 4-5 business days to complete. Finally, everything was completed and I was hired.

Entire process took about two and a half weeks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Computer Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

First, you had to pass the online test - common sense quiz. Short, 5 minute phone interview to make sure you can keep a conversation. One interview with your direct supervisor then one with the general manager of the store. Short and typical retail interview.

Interview Questions

• Name one thing where you had to work together in a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Chesapeake, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone call to set up an in-person interview with the Computer Supervisor followed by an "interview" with the General Manager. If you make it to the GM, you got the job.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have in sales?   1 Answer

Computer Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

phone interview then assistant manager then GM Mostly behavioral questions just be positive and say no to stealing but thats obvious simple and quick and easy process dress in business casual since thats the uniform code

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions. Most important is regarding to stealing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Best Buy (Hickory, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Walked in during the job fair they had the day and interviewed with the dept supervisor, not much to the questions as far as tech wise - was more focused on customer service

Anonymous Employee in West Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (West Jordan, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

I had 3 interviews, all with different people. Each time it wen't really well. The third interview was with the GM, by then I knew I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I wanted to work for Best Buy, a good open ended honest question.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Fort Collins, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and called back a few days later. They set me up with an interview for a couple days later. The guy that interviewed me was very nice, he brought me into the home theater section which was kind of distracting. The interview took about 20 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I talked to a lady on the phone regrading my availability then went in for an interview. Didn't get the job unfortunately. I followed glassdoor for a few tips before I went in for my interview. I was told I should get a call for another interview but didn't receive it.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you worked with another group in your company   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (North Charleston, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewing with Best Buy is quite extensive for a job in retail. It's a 3 stage interview process; first being by phone, second being by department head, and third being the General Manager.

This part wasn't too bad-- however, trying to simply accept the job was a total nightmare. I called every day for 2 weeks trying to inform someone I wanted the position.

Interview Questions

• General Manager: "If you were me, and you found out an employee was caught stealing-- what would you do?"

Me: "Fire them, and contact the local authorities"

General Manager: "What if it was just something small, like a pack of gum or something like that?"

Me: "Big or small, theft is theft. I would have to fire them."   Answer Question

Computer Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in June 2014.

Interview

Very easy, had to call to remind that i was an applicant, They finally called me in, i went through 2 interviews, there was supposed to be an over the phone interview, but they skipped right over that one. I was hired with in two weeks of when they called back.