Best Buy Computer Sales Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 27, 2017

2.0

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Pembroke Pines, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Pembroke Pines, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

I unknowingly applied the same day the job was posted (seasonal), the manager called me back the same day, asked me to come in for an interview the next day, then spoke the the GM (General manager) the day after; and there I was offered the job and went through a whole 'electronic offer' process in which came through my email approximately 2 days later (Which I wish was on paper because things would go so much faster than me having to harass them about not receiving it) in which they then instructed me to take a drug test within 2 days of receiving the offer or else my starting day will be elongated. Throughout the interview.. Just don't sound fake lol. They know what they're looking for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Best Buy?
    Tell me a time that you've dealt with a difficult customer.
    How would you persuade an old-fashioned person to upgrade to modern day technology?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Albany, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Process was fairly simple. Show up on time in business professional attire. Speak truthfully, and essentially sell yourself to the interviewer. Overall if you are calm and think about your answer, you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have in sales?   1 Answer

Computer Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

3 stage interview,

first you have to take this online "personality assessment" the secret to doing well on that is, you have to select strongly agree or strongly disagree because if you don't, you won't pass the test.

next you have 3 stage interview

first interview is with supervisor of department you are seeking interview (computers, home theatre, appliance)

second interview is with middle management (manager of department)

Last interview is with GM of store.

they do drug test and background check also.

Interview Questions

• Name a challenge you had to overcome and how you went about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (San Carlos, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

They had a lot of basic interview questions that had nothing to do with sales and they basically told me that I had to apply for mobile to get the job. They talked about how nice best buy was and how they treat employees well so they were basically selling me on them

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you catch someone stealing? Name a time when you were put in a tough position? What did you do   Answer Question

Computer Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Pretty simple, mostly centered around customer service and how to offer a complete bundle or solution to accommodate a customer's needs, as well as ensuring to add value by offering a best buy protection plan of some sort

Interview Questions

• What would you offer a customer looking to upgrade their computer because it's outdated and slow?   Answer Question

Computer Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Very basic past customer service experience questions, also if I felt comfortable filling out a CRW
    ( Customer Review Sheet). They also asked if I was comfortable with selling geek squad protection along with the computers.

Computer Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy in May 2015.

Interview

It was an easy process, at least for me, they go by a set few questions followed by a few off the paper questions that they feel fit. I ended up speaking to the sales manager then went straight to the GM of the store, had a back to back interview, and was given the job on the spot. Quite delightful if I do say so myself.

Interview Questions

• How to Deal with an angry customer/how to make a sale to someone/ etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Had 3 different interviews. 1st with HT supervisor where I originally applied, who then set me up with the Computer dept manager a few days later, then Operations manager immediately after. Offered job on the spot by Operations manager for computer dept. where I was better suited given what I'm studying.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Best Buy?   1 Answer

Computer Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy in April 2015.

Interview

Pretty laid back they ask you questions about former experience. They'll give you a questionnaire asking you how available you are. They'll ask you to sell something to them. It's important to explain the value of the item to the person interviewing you. I received a call back to be hired within a week.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I saw the posting on Indeed and applied (for like, the 6th time) and I got a call back from the HR rep about 5 days later, on a Sunday morning. She asked me 2 questions, what was my availability and if I had experience in customer service. She then scheduled an interview for Thursday. I went on Thursday, and met with the Asst. Store Manager. We had a chill interview, it was more like a conversation than an interview. He asked questions like, "How would I deal with an employee that i didnt get along with" "Describe a time I had to help an irate customer" "Which department would I prefer to work in" (I said either mobile of computer sales) and thats about it. The rest of the interview was more f getting a feel of each other. At the end he said I did a great job and that hes gonna pass my info to the GM. Had that interview the following Monday. The GM was awesome, He asked what does great customer service mean to me, the same questions asked in the previous interview and asked me to sell a netbook to him. This interview lasted about 25 minutes and he said that he was conducting more interviews that day and that I would hear something within 24 hours. The next day (Tuesday) around 1pm I received an offer of $10.75, but I negotiated to 11.00 to round it off (10.75 is weird to me, idk lol) Luckily she accepted! Consented to background check and received e-mail for drug test the same day, did the drug test today and I start on Sunday! Painless process, just emphasize the importance of product knowledge and show that you have a great personality and that you're well rounded, and the job is yours!!!