Best Buy Computer Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Computer Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Dec 12, 2016

2.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was very laid back, the managers seemed to be in a hurry to bring on new employees to help with the coming holiday demand. The store was also pretty new when they brought me on, so it was safe to assume that they wanted to get the team filled out, and ready to go asap.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I interviewed at Best Buy (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Took a week or two to hear from them . Said they would email you if your a good pick for the job . But more then likely that means they want too hire someone else i think .

Computer Specialist Interview

Interview

3 step process. phone interview, roundtable interview and then a 1 on 1

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it was pretty easy going

Computing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edwardsville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Edwardsville, IL).

Interview

I recieved a phone call 3 days after I applied online. The recruiter called me and set me up with a preliminary phone interview. 2 days after that I recieved the call and answered basic questions regarding my interest in the position, as well as experience. She set me up with an interview the following week with a manager which was then followed by another one with the general manager.

Anonymous Employee in Alabaster, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Alabaster, AL) in October 2013.

Interview

Went through a series of 3 interviews. The first time was on 3 separate days the second time was on 2 separate days, so I had 2 interviews back to back. They weren't anything hard or difficult about them. I just had to tell about myself, what I do, why interested in the posistion and answer i couple of questions about the department.

Negotiation

I had experience in the tech field and I worked their (at a different location) previously so I asked for a slightly higher pay than someone with no experience.

Computer Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview, maybe about 15-20 minutes, very basic getting to know you questions. The next interview was actually a group interview, and in the end you had to sell yourself in front of everybody.

Interview Questions

• There are a handful of you in this room, if I had only 1 position, why should I pick you?   Answer Question

Computer Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

two interviews by the store manager. they ask basic questions about customer service and past experiences with customers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Was called probably about 3 days after applying. Had a brief phone interview - more about my background more than asking about the company or anything. Got to the interview early and was told to sit by geek squad until my interview was ready. Chatted with the geek squad techs for a bit. Was called back into the break room and was interviewed by the general manager and the assistant manager. They both were really down to earth and were joking around a lot, made the interview a lot more relaxed. They also kept asking me questions about things that had nothing to do with the interview, but just my opinions on little side track conversations that they were having - I'm sure it was testing how outgoing I am. Then they traded off asking me questions about certain scenarios and just about how I handed situations in past work experiences. They called me that night to tell me that they would have hired me if I had more time to work (I was just looking for a summer job). I think I got to skip the 2nd in person interview since the general manager was already sitting in on my interview. They offered to call a Best Buy near my University and tell them that I would be a good hire.

Interview Questions

• What kind of computer would you try to sell to a college student with no experience in computers?   1 Answer

They offered me a job near my university instead of my hometown for the summer. I only had time during the summer, so I declined.

Anonymous Employee in Westbury, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Westbury, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

received a call after two weeks after my app, then got a interview the next day. Met with the manager of the department that i was looking to work for. Got a interview with him. then had another interview with the General Manager. as soon as i was done with both interviews, they told me i got the job

Interview Questions

• What can you do for this company?. What shops do you like to shop at?   1 Answer

Negotiation

they were straight forward to the point.. "soooo 9.25?' me "can we make it 9.50?' . OK.

Computer Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Initial application online consists on lifestyle questions and scenarios. Once you pass they call you for an interview. You have 3 interviews for your position, 1. Phone interview, 2. Manager interview, 3. GM interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not any negotiation process, next step was drug test.