Best Buy Connected Solutions Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Connected Solutions Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Best Buy

1.9

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Cambridge, ON (Canada)) in October 2018.

Interview

I got hired on National Hiring Day. I had to do 2 interviews with 2 different managers. One of them was the assistant general manager the other one was the general manager.

Interview Questions

• If I was to call your old manager what would he say your best traits are.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Referral. Easy basic questions. Why do you want to work here, talk about past experiences, strengths, weaknesses, understanding of technology, sales experience.no phone interview , in person which was one on one. Also want to know how well you do in a team environment. Also remember it is minimum wage and no commision

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

Interview

They called my phone without leaving a voice mail, so it was up to me to call them back inquiring. After a short screening, I got invited to an interview with the store manager. Evidently, she was in some online meeting at the time I arrived, causing me to wait for a while. The wait gave me a plethora of time to relax and think over the Q/A, easily allowing me to ace the interview shortly after. Apparently there was a job fair going on too (I applied online though), as the manager told me she didn't like most of the applicants other than me and someone else. Pretty much got hired on the spot, with another interview a couple days later finalizing everything.

Negotiation

She read what I put down for salary and took it.

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Catharines, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Best Buy (Saint Catharines, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied for customer service in April 2015. Had a phone interview after which I was invited for my first in person interview in May 2015. No response from that interview so I reapplied for CSS in July. Had my final interview with a sales manager in August and was offered the job.

Very nice guy, they all make you feel like a part of the team right from the start.

Very simple personality, behavioural and prior experience questions.

Little to no technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Might have been able to, but I didn't try.

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in St. John's, NL (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (St. John's, NL (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview consists of:
    1. Phone Screen (Evaluating your ability to have a professional conversation over the phone.)
    2. 1:1 Interview with a supervisor. (Standard interview questions.)
    3. 1:1 Interview with the GM of that store. (Additional standard interview questions.)
    4. Offer of employment.

It is a straight-forward process and all steps can happen on the same day so be prepared for when you get the call.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Best Buy?
      What would you do in hypothetical situation?
      Do you have experience in Customer Service?
      Do you have experience in Sales?   1 Answer

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online on the Best Buy careers website. Got a phone call the following week, the interviewer asked about my availability and why I think I'm suited for the job. Was called for an in-person interview with the store's HR head.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe your past experience in sales.
      2. Do you consider yourself to be an outgoing person?
      3. Name one challenge you've face at work or school in the past 3 years and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy in July 2016.

Interview

phone interview, general manager, sales manager interview. All situational questions, behavioural questions. Hired on the spot after the third interview. Told me training process and how much im going to make. Just be yourself and be prepared for questions.

Interview Questions

• Why Best Buy?
      What is your ideal manager?
      Tell me about your past work experience
      If you saw a coworker stealing a chocolate bar what would you do?
      If you saw a coworker stealing what should happen to them?   Answer Question

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ajax, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Ajax, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone interview that afternoon from a CSR. Went in for a second interview that day with the assistant manager. Asked me to come back the next morning for an interview with the GM. Was hired part time despite applying for a seasonal position because they "saw potential for growth".

Interview Questions

• What customer experience do you have?   1 Answer

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied Online, got a call for a group interview. The group interview was with the Store Manager, very simple asked everyone simple behavioural questions. 1 or 2 technical but very easy questions about computers in general. Then another interview with the department supervisor about 10 mins after the group interview. Same sort of questions at this point you were basically given the job.

Interview Questions

• If a customer was looking for a back to school laptop and couldn't decide between Mac or PC, which would you recommend and why?   Answer Question

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Scarborough, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

I was referred for the position through a friend. I was called in for an interview with the sales manager. Then I was called in for a final interview to sign a couple of documents and start training.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any retail experience?
      If you saw a co-worker/friend stealing a very small item, what would you do?   1 Answer