Best Buy Connected Solutions Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Connected Solutions Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Best Buy

1.9

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Referral. Easy basic questions. Why do you want to work here, talk about past experiences, strengths, weaknesses, understanding of technology, sales experience.no phone interview , in person which was one on one. Also want to know how well you do in a team environment. Also remember it is minimum wage and no commision

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

Interview

They called my phone without leaving a voice mail, so it was up to me to call them back inquiring. After a short screening, I got invited to an interview with the store manager. Evidently, she was in some online meeting at the time I arrived, causing me to wait for a while. The wait gave me a plethora of time to relax and think over the Q/A, easily allowing me to ace the interview shortly after. Apparently there was a job fair going on too (I applied online though), as the manager told me she didn't like most of the applicants other than me and someone else. Pretty much got hired on the spot, with another interview a couple days later finalizing everything.

Negotiation

She read what I put down for salary and took it.

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Catharines, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Best Buy (Saint Catharines, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied for customer service in April 2015. Had a phone interview after which I was invited for my first in person interview in May 2015. No response from that interview so I reapplied for CSS in July. Had my final interview with a sales manager in August and was offered the job.

Very nice guy, they all make you feel like a part of the team right from the start.

Very simple personality, behavioural and prior experience questions.

Little to no technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Might have been able to, but I didn't try.

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in St. John's, NL (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (St. John's, NL (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview consists of:
    1. Phone Screen (Evaluating your ability to have a professional conversation over the phone.)
    2. 1:1 Interview with a supervisor. (Standard interview questions.)
    3. 1:1 Interview with the GM of that store. (Additional standard interview questions.)
    4. Offer of employment.

It is a straight-forward process and all steps can happen on the same day so be prepared for when you get the call.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Best Buy?
      What would you do in hypothetical situation?
      Do you have experience in Customer Service?
      Do you have experience in Sales?   1 Answer

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online on the Best Buy careers website. Got a phone call the following week, the interviewer asked about my availability and why I think I'm suited for the job. Was called for an in-person interview with the store's HR head.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe your past experience in sales.
      2. Do you consider yourself to be an outgoing person?
      3. Name one challenge you've face at work or school in the past 3 years and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

After applying, I received a call and did a short phone interview. Later I was asked to come in to the store and did an interview with the GM. The interview was straightforward, mainly answering questions about customer service experience and what I would do in certain scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you provided great customer service.   Answer Question

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

First, phone call and ask your avibility and which position that youre looking for.Second, Either the manager from the department that you applied for the position is going to interview you or the General Manager will interview the employees. Sometimes they look for a good dress code when your taking an interview with the manager

Interview Questions

• What do you do when an employee is stealing from the company? What kind of manager do you see? Why do you choose this job?   Answer Question

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy in September 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward. Pleasant interviewer who asked simple questions. Started off by just chatting which kicked off very well. Told the interviewer some stories about myself which they found interesting. It was very casual while they took notes. Was offered the position in under 5 minutes. Called in the Manager on duty and asked if it is okay to hire me.

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very brief and to the point, just as I like it. I had read that the process typically involves 3 interviews, but I only had 1 interview with the General Manager that lasted all of 10 minutes before he immediately extended an offer. This is great, because it's an entry level position so the interview process shouldn't me made unnecessarily long and difficult to navigate.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you caught a fellow employee shoplifting?   Answer Question

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview consisted of a short interview on the phone followed by an interview in store that resulted in being hired on the spot. The phone interview caught me a bit of guard however the in store interview was easy and I got to meet most of the management staff that day on the spot. I was hired the same day and was asked to work the next.

Interview Questions

• What are youre strengths?
      Do you have previous retail experience?
      Are you comfortable around people?   2 Answers