Best Buy Connected Solutions Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Connected Solutions Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Best Buy

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Best Buy (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

Simple, in person interview, with an easy going manager and head of personnel. I was asked a few questions about what I had written on my resume. I was asked for specific explanations of how I had demonstrated a skill, for example. I felt at ease.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

There were two interviews, the first one was basic questions with HR like "tell me about yourself". The second one was more technical and dealt with questions involved in computer sales, this took place with the department manager.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of a time that you worked in a team and what you were trying to solve?   Answer Question

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

One phone interview followed up by one in person interview. The phone screening was pretty straight forward and was not performed by management they asked basic questions about my interests and past sales experience. The one on one in person interview was casual and questions asked were of the "your in this situation" how would you react, how would you deal with irate or unhappy customers, and what products would you recommend for x customer.

Interview Questions

• If a customer came in to buy a laptop what other products would you recommend to go with it.   1 Answer

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

I was referred to by friend who worked there at the time. I also applied at a time when my department was short staffed.
    The interview was surprisingly short and was around less than 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What would you sell with a computer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

Very basic actually if you are a tech person. Nothing that will scare you. Basic knowledge of electronics will be tested. No fuss, simple and easy. (They love ppl who talk a lot)

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

4-step process:
    i) Phone Interview with Senior
    ii)In-store interview with Senior covering the same questions from the phone interview
    iii)In-store interview with Floor Manager: one or two additional questions
    iii)In-store Interview with Business Manager

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time where you went above and beyond for a customer? If so, please explain.   Answer Question

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, no referral. Next week I got a small phone interview, then I was asked to come in person the same day for another interview. I got interviewed by the supervisor then the sales manager. Overall, the questions were pretty easy relating to the position but the supervisor (who turned out to be the biggest jerk ever) asked really strange Apple like questions that caught me off guard by a lot. I was hired after the interview and started 2 weeks in.

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Very simple behavioral questions, but they take too long to get back to you. It is usually the store manager that interviews and sometimes they do not have the in depth knowledge of the job requirements, which can cause confusion.

Interview Questions

• Give an instance of when you had to deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

15 Minutes - They just want to make sure you have good communication skills, engaging to talk to and a motivated learner. Because the position is dependent on customer relationships and sales, previous examples of this will help you stand out in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this company?   Answer Question

Connected Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

Apply online. Receive call next day and ask if i can go for an interview. The interview is relax, even though I am still little nervous at the beginning. Receive offer in coming next day.

Interview Questions

• When the store is busy and your co-worker is taking break. He goes to the counter and grab a chocolate bar and tell you he is going to pay later. What will you do?   1 Answer