Best Buy Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 22, 2017

2.6

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Rochester, MN).

Interview

I applied online and got a callback in about a week. I showed up, business casual, and waited by the customer service desk until the GM came and got me. She was being friendly and chatty on the way to her office. I'm pretty sure they intentionally do that to gauge your personality. I just made some dumb jokes and carried on. We went into her office which was the size of a utility closet. She was asking me questions of a clipboard. I guess she liked me and offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• If an employee steals from the store, what should the punishment be?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Collegeville, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Best Buy (Collegeville, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview I had was the easier so far. The managers were the nicest people. they made me so comfortable and welcomed there. They asked me the basic questions every interview I had.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I wanted to work there, and my preferred department. they also asked me if I had issues with carrying heavy weight for customers   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

This was my second interview and getting into the interview i realized it was no different than the first interview.just with a manager this time and a few of the same questions/new questions.

Interview Questions

• have you ever gotten into bad terms with one of your coworkers.if so, how did you handle this situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utica, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Utica, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

Friendly, confused at first. Waited around for 20 minutes until they found someone to interview me. Overall comfortable interview. Was told I'd be contacted whether or not I'd get the job.

Interview Questions

• If you were on appliances, and didn't know how to assist a customer, what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Wichita, KS) in August 2014.

Interview

The general manager emailed me saying she had seen my resume on Indeed.com, asking me for an interview. I said yes, and got a phone call from an assistant manager on Saturday afternoon. Who calls on a Saturday? I had the interview Wednesday of the same week. He said I would be interviewing with the GM and that he put it on her calendar, but when I got there she was at lunch. So I interviewed with yet another assistant manager, who didn't even work in the customer service section. He didn't seem particularly interested in having to do an interview. He asked the list of questions off his sheet and wrote a lot of what I said. He really didn't ask any follow up questions or give much feedback. The whole thing lasted maybe 10 minutes. He said that they had 3 more interviews that day to do and that I would get an email. I did a couple days later informing me of my rejection. Questions were basic, like Why Best Buy? and Tell me about an upset customer and how you dealt with it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an upset customer and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

It was not that complicated. Apply online. Pass the test. Call about an interview, or wait for them to call you. Go to the interview. Be truthful and know why you want to work there.

Anonymous Employee in McDonough, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (McDonough, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied for this job and got a call the next day. The guy that called me asked a few questions and then told me he would like me to come in for an interview. I went in that same day and was hired pending drug and background test.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe a situation in detail where a customer was not satisfied with the service and what I did about it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

friendly interviewers, streamlined process to get all paperwork and drug test completed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Heights, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Fairview Heights, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Was called a few weeks after applying online. Had a short phone interview that was basically "do you still want this job?" Was invited to a standard interview with a store manager. Went to the interview, the manager I spoke to was nice, and he read a very simple and straight-forward paper of questions regarding my previous experience and why I felt qualified for the job. He seemed confident in my abilities and invited me to have another interview with the regional manager. The regional manager was very concerned with my sales abilities and decided against hiring me because of their strict sales policies.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you think working at Best Buy will be different from your previous sales job?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Marysville, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Marysville, WA) in November 2012.

Interview

After applying online, i was contacted by phone in just two days. I wasn't aware but the phone call was an impromptu interview of about 4 questions. Such as if you're still interested in working for us, would you be available right away, and can you work weekends. After they are satisfied, they will you usually call you back later, either immediately or within a couple days. When you're in-store for the interview, you will usually be with one manager who asks what you would do if you had an angry customer, what would you do about employee fraud/theft how would you handle this situation, or that situation etc. If they like you, they will have the gm or store manager come in to see you. This may be immediately or again in a couple days (immediately if you're interviewing for holidays positions, later if its any other time of year). The gm asks a few more questions but is generally pulled in because they want to hire you, and then they go over your pay and when they will hire you from there.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions. They are easier than you think! Go with your gut.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This is where i wish i had argued my starting wage a little more. It's really your only opportunity, because after that yearly raises are never over 50 cents. And they flat out tell you the best way to get paid more is to get a promotion. Their hands must be tied on metrics and numbers from up above on this.