Best Buy Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 3, 2017

2.6

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Falls Church, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

I arrived 15 minutes early for my interview, and was forced to wait a hour and a half for the Manager to become available. The Manager eventually called for me and the interview passed by in fifteen minutes.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Peachtree City, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Peachtree City, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

Was first given a brief phone interview, then called in to meet one of the managers, followed by the general manager. They're given a list of questions and (at this particular store) picked out about four each to ask.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a situation in which you went above and beyond to help a customer?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe a situation in which you took control of an interaction involving an irate customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Rochester, MN).

Interview

I applied online and got a callback in about a week. I showed up, business casual, and waited by the customer service desk until the GM came and got me. She was being friendly and chatty on the way to her office. I'm pretty sure they intentionally do that to gauge your personality. I just made some dumb jokes and carried on. We went into her office which was the size of a utility closet. She was asking me questions of a clipboard. I guess she liked me and offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• If an employee steals from the store, what should the punishment be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Collegeville, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Best Buy (Collegeville, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview I had was the easier so far. The managers were the nicest people. they made me so comfortable and welcomed there. They asked me the basic questions every interview I had.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I wanted to work there, and my preferred department. they also asked me if I had issues with carrying heavy weight for customers   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

This was my second interview and getting into the interview i realized it was no different than the first interview.just with a manager this time and a few of the same questions/new questions.

Interview Questions

• have you ever gotten into bad terms with one of your coworkers.if so, how did you handle this situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utica, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Utica, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

Friendly, confused at first. Waited around for 20 minutes until they found someone to interview me. Overall comfortable interview. Was told I'd be contacted whether or not I'd get the job.

Interview Questions

• If you were on appliances, and didn't know how to assist a customer, what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Wichita, KS) in August 2014.

Interview

The general manager emailed me saying she had seen my resume on Indeed.com, asking me for an interview. I said yes, and got a phone call from an assistant manager on Saturday afternoon. Who calls on a Saturday? I had the interview Wednesday of the same week. He said I would be interviewing with the GM and that he put it on her calendar, but when I got there she was at lunch. So I interviewed with yet another assistant manager, who didn't even work in the customer service section. He didn't seem particularly interested in having to do an interview. He asked the list of questions off his sheet and wrote a lot of what I said. He really didn't ask any follow up questions or give much feedback. The whole thing lasted maybe 10 minutes. He said that they had 3 more interviews that day to do and that I would get an email. I did a couple days later informing me of my rejection. Questions were basic, like Why Best Buy? and Tell me about an upset customer and how you dealt with it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an upset customer and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

It was not that complicated. Apply online. Pass the test. Call about an interview, or wait for them to call you. Go to the interview. Be truthful and know why you want to work there.

Anonymous Employee in McDonough, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (McDonough, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied for this job and got a call the next day. The guy that called me asked a few questions and then told me he would like me to come in for an interview. I went in that same day and was hired pending drug and background test.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe a situation in detail where a customer was not satisfied with the service and what I did about it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

friendly interviewers, streamlined process to get all paperwork and drug test completed