Best Buy Customer Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 13, 2017

2.4

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

First was a telephone interview that went over your application and was like a chat about you and your experience. Next is the face to face, similar to most retail interviews.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

This was an extremely quick and easy process. Presentation is key along with common sense. Always ask questions regarding the position you applied for as they will enjoy seeing a prospective employee have actual interest in the company!!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you dealt with a difficult situation and overcame it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Roseville, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I got an email 2 days after applying online, they scheduled a phone interview a week after. Passed the phone interview and was scheduled for an in-store interview. Went to the store, got a standard interview packet, then was told that I would get an update within a week if I made it or not. If I don't get any, call them for follow up. No update within a week, followed up with them, the store's customer service will not give you a hiring manager, 2 weeks in and still no update.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Great interview, made me feel comfortable to be my complete self and was asked to apply for a higher up position. Which I did, and was higher within 5-6 days of applying. Also received a promotion with my first year

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Best Buy?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

phone interview prescreen interview with supervisor interview with general manager drug screen background test very friendly representatives until you get the job. overall not bad just not what I expected. too many upsales

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Roswell, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. I went from the lower level to finally meeting with the manager. I applied for the pacific sales section of Best Buy. I was hired and the training was simple and helpful as well. The managers were very sweet. They had a packet of questions so they didn’t go off the book at all.

Interview Questions

• If you were a manager and you caught someone stealing, what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Sacramento, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewed twice. One with two assistant manager. In that same day they told me they will call me if I move into the next phase of the interview. they called me the same day and asked to come in to interview with the general manager

Interview Questions

• Why should they hire me. What skills do I posses that is beneficial to the company   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Columbus, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from the hiring manager the next day. After a few emails back and forth about my availability, I was asked to interview with the GM. He interviewed me for around 20 minutes then offered me the job on the spot. Just be friendly and tell stories!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself as far as previous employment.   Answer Question
    • How do you think stealing should be dealt with? What do you think is the best way for an employee to prevent stealing?   Answer Question
    • Why did you decide to apply here / for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

A manager had already recruited me so to speak from my other job. When I asked how much I'd make he gave me an hourly pay that sounded fair so that's what I said to the GM and that's what I'll be payed.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Fairly straightforward. Got the basic generic questions. Got a call to come in and meet with a manager. It was a 1 on1 interview. Started as a part time, temp worker for the holiday, moved into a permanent position. Still PT.

Interview Questions

• Just the normal questions. Asked about computer saavy, what I am comfortable in, etc.. was hiring for the holiday (temp) and so was directing questions to determine what department would be the best fit for me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Bristol, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty stereotypical. They asked how you react to different situations, they also asked the simple question of, what is customer service? The interviewer was very kind we laughed some and told a couple stories about each other. Very great environment and process. They also asked what goal I had to be in the company and how I wanted to grow, what my ambitions were. Asked what my least favorite and most favorite part about my previous job.