Best Buy Customer Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Customer Service Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2017

2.5

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Great interview, made me feel comfortable to be my complete self and was asked to apply for a higher up position. Which I did, and was higher within 5-6 days of applying. Also received a promotion with my first year

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Best Buy?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

phone interview prescreen interview with supervisor interview with general manager drug screen background test very friendly representatives until you get the job. overall not bad just not what I expected. too many upsales

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Sacramento, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewed twice. One with two assistant manager. In that same day they told me they will call me if I move into the next phase of the interview. they called me the same day and asked to come in to interview with the general manager

Interview Questions

• Why should they hire me. What skills do I posses that is beneficial to the company   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Columbus, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from the hiring manager the next day. After a few emails back and forth about my availability, I was asked to interview with the GM. He interviewed me for around 20 minutes then offered me the job on the spot. Just be friendly and tell stories!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself as far as previous employment.   Answer Question
    • How do you think stealing should be dealt with? What do you think is the best way for an employee to prevent stealing?   Answer Question
    • Why did you decide to apply here / for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

A manager had already recruited me so to speak from my other job. When I asked how much I'd make he gave me an hourly pay that sounded fair so that's what I said to the GM and that's what I'll be payed.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Fairly straightforward. Got the basic generic questions. Got a call to come in and meet with a manager. It was a 1 on1 interview. Started as a part time, temp worker for the holiday, moved into a permanent position. Still PT.

Interview Questions

• Just the normal questions. Asked about computer saavy, what I am comfortable in, etc.. was hiring for the holiday (temp) and so was directing questions to determine what department would be the best fit for me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Bristol, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty stereotypical. They asked how you react to different situations, they also asked the simple question of, what is customer service? The interviewer was very kind we laughed some and told a couple stories about each other. Very great environment and process. They also asked what goal I had to be in the company and how I wanted to grow, what my ambitions were. Asked what my least favorite and most favorite part about my previous job.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

3 people interviewed me. Not all were manager or supervisors. Some were just regular full time employees asking why I wanted to work there. It should only be managers or direct supervisors interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Honolulu, HI) in March 2014.

Interview

There was a job fair and I applied o the spot went through all managers then went to the gm he decides whether ou get hired then they will give you instructions on what to do next then orientation

Customer Service Interview

Application

I interviewed at Best Buy in March 2013.

Interview

I applied and got a interview after a few days, I went to the interview and got ask many basic questions and some situational theory questions and some problem solving questions.
    I was there with 10-15 people waiting but the interview person apoligied for the long wait.
    I disscused my education and some of my work history and anyother details that will show my sales experience and customer service skills.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when a customer is giving you a difficult time?
      What is the best way to add to a sale and increase sales?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2012.

Interview

I had two interviews. They both went the same. I walked in, told someone I was there, and waited on the bench over by customer service for an amount of time until the interviewer was ready. Then we went one of their offices and had some small talk here and there between the questions. The first was very informal. The interviewer (now my manager) seemed taken aback that I had references and a resume. After the first interview, we set up a date for the next interview, which was a little bit more formal and asked similar questions, but I think it all depends on the manager who interviews you.

Interview Questions

• What are your least favorite attributes about yourself?
      Define a time when you have solve a problem.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

After the second interview, he offered me a job on the spot. I accepted and was handed paperwork. The pay was not negotiable but likely depends on the position applying for.