Best Buy Customer Service Representative I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Customer Service Representative I Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Laurel, MD).

Interview

Interviewed with multiple people once I applied. Interviewed with customer service manager and store manager at the time. Received a tour of the store and brief overview of the responsibilities for the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation. I guess because I was so young at the time it was to their advantage.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

General interview questions, nothing hard at all.

Anonymous Employee in Missoula, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Missoula, MT) in September 2012.

Interview

Applications are submitted exclusively online. A couple days after I submitted my application, I got a call asking in which departments I would be interested in working and an interview time was set up. My interview experience is atypical, as my first one was with the GM and he offered me the job at the end. Typically though, applicants will have one interview with our hiring lead and/or the supervisor or leader of the department for which the applicant is interviewing. If they do well and are liked, they will get called back for second and sometimes third interviews with the AM and GM.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work under pressure
      Describe a time when you had to pay close attention to detail
      How did you handle having to explain to a coworker that they had made a mistake
      Why do you want to work here
      What skills can you bring to a team environment
      If you could have any super power, what would it be (seriously, although not a determining factor)
      Any questions?
      1 Answer

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in October 2011.

Interview

A week after I applied I received a call to come in for an interview with one of the managers. They ran about 45 minutes behind just so you know not to schedule anything right after. The manager read from the interviewing manual and took notes, an overall positive vibe. They stated that they really wanted me to interview with their boss and I would get a call later that day or the next day to schedule me for an interview with the store manager. I didn't get that call until two days later. When I went into schedule with the store manager they were running behind about an hour. The store manager also gave me questions right from the interviewing manual and basically said that as long as one has a good personality they'll hire them. At the end of the interview she gave me the job offer and said I had two days to complete my drug test and that they'd get back to me once they got the results. Just as a note, Best Buy has a habit of waiting 10 days after your drug test to call you back so don't freak out.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe a time you went 'above and beyond'?   Answer Question
    • What are the pro's and con's of working with a team?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered higher then my desired salary so there was no need for negotiation.

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy in May 2011.

Interview

I applied online. A few days later I received a phone call and had a phone interview to determine my availability. I went in for an interview with the Operations manager two days later. 15 minutes after that interview I received a phone call to have my final interview with the General Manager. At the end of the interview I was offered a position. I recommend that you know your behavioral interview questions (describe a time that..., how do you deal with...., etc). Everybody in the company is very nice and welcoming!

Interview Questions

• Describe your ideal work environment.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you dealed with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you saw a customer stealing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I recommend that when you fill out your desired wages, be honest with what you deserve. If you have experience they will negotiate wages with you. If you have little or no experience, probably not.

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy in August 2008.

Interview

The interview process can seem a little scary. Best Buy is a very corporate company on how they run things. The worst part was the 'staged' questions that management asked. They were, a lot of time, a reitteration of the previous question, but it made management look less capable. My best advice it to stick through and make sure you don't condescend mangament for this, because they have to do it.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with a customer who is likely not going to be pleased with any out come of a bad experience and how do you handle it?   Answer Question