Best Buy Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.4

76 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied at during the weekend and received an interview on Tuesday. I then went to the interview on Friday. I waited for about 10 minutes before the interview started. The interview was extremely quick but due to my availability, I was not hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation where you had to deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy in October 2017.

Interview

Online application followed by an in-store interview. I applied online and got a phone call the same day and set up the interview for the next day. It was very professional and the process went smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online, called in for a job fair. No one was at the job fair so it turned into a one-on-one interview. Manager asked basic questions and seemed friendly overall, was willing to put up with me stammering through some of my answers.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever encountered a task that you knew nothing about and had no help on? How did you accomplish it?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite work-related task or what is something that you are good at?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy in July 2017.

Interview

The process was like any other interview. They ask person questions like what i like to do in my freetime. Try to just be honest with them and you'll probably get the job.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a pretty simple phone interview was about a few questions regarding availability, previous experience, and why you would be a good fit/ why you want to work here. And then theres an interview with managers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Fresno, CA).

Interview

I applied online and was denied further processing about a week later via email. A couple weeks after receiving the email, I was called for a brief phone interview and then accepted an in person interview which was 1 on 1. It was a comfortable environment, They asked questions from a packet and wrote my answers in it. Ended up getting rejected via email… again.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with an angry customer… how did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle having multiple tasks simultaneously?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The interviewer made me feel uncomfortable with her body language and lack of energy and bad attitude. She looked like she didn't want to be there and it threw me off.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if I found someone stealing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Rochester, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview took about 30 mins. The hiring manager was friendly and eager to respond to my questions concerning the work environment and company policies. Overall, a fairly casual interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Schaumburg, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

They ask personality questions to get to know you and scenario questions. There's a background check and a one time drug test. Other than that the interview was really easy.

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Aberdeen, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

First you interview with your department lead then if they like you they'll schedule you an interview with the general manager. My interview with my department head was more questions about how you deal with peer pressure and the interview with the general manager was more laid back and be basically wanted to know my character

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where a customer was not happy and what did you do to fix it?   1 Answer