Best Buy Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.4

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a pretty simple phone interview was about a few questions regarding availability, previous experience, and why you would be a good fit/ why you want to work here. And then theres an interview with managers

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Fresno, CA).

Interview

I applied online and was denied further processing about a week later via email. A couple weeks after receiving the email, I was called for a brief phone interview and then accepted an in person interview which was 1 on 1. It was a comfortable environment, They asked questions from a packet and wrote my answers in it. Ended up getting rejected via email… again.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with an angry customer… how did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle having multiple tasks simultaneously?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Rochester, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview took about 30 mins. The hiring manager was friendly and eager to respond to my questions concerning the work environment and company policies. Overall, a fairly casual interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Aberdeen, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

First you interview with your department lead then if they like you they'll schedule you an interview with the general manager. My interview with my department head was more questions about how you deal with peer pressure and the interview with the general manager was more laid back and be basically wanted to know my character

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where a customer was not happy and what did you do to fix it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phillipsburg, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Phillipsburg, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and they called a few days later to set up a first interview. I had to wait almost a week for the first interview. It was very friendly and casual. Questions were mostly situational and read off of paper by the interviewer. I got a date to come in for a second interview. That too was casual. More situational questions read off of papers. Overall a very easy process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone was stealing from the store - either employee or customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Applied November 2nd Online for the following position, recieved a call back the next day (3rd). During the call she asked me to come in the next day for the 2nd part of the process. Went in next day had the interview it went okay. Told me they'll send me a email in 48 hours if i met the requirements. I ended up getting a call the same day for my third interview. The 3rd interview i was offered the job on the spot. Interview was really chill and lax.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for best buy?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you caught someone stealing? what about if your family member stole something?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a angry customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Casper, WY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Casper, WY) in November 2015.

Interview

The first interview was on the phone asking the basics: why Best Buy, etc. The second interview was with a supervisor, who then recommended I work in the warehouse. Then, finally, the GM did a final interview to assess values and determine if I'm a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Integrity is a big deal, they test to see if you have any moral gray areas. The GM asked me if another employee was a good friend of mine, and I saw him take a bottle of water without paying for it, what would I do?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online in September and I was called for an interview 3 weeks later. I went thru 2 interviews. One with my supervisor and the other with the general manager. The interviews were a week apart. After the last interview I was emailed a few hours later for an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you didn't get along with a coworker and what steps did you try 2 make to get along.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Portland, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly casual. Mostly just basic questions (how do you handle high-stress environments), be sure to give some detailed/variety of examples. Dressed business casual (polo shirt, slacks). Met with the manager, was super friendly and felt relaxed. Didn't feel overwhelmed. Went for about 20 minutes or so. Good interview experience if anything.

Interview Questions

• What do you see as important in a team?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

First interview was simple, waited in the employee break room for a few minutes and then moved into another room for the interview. Basic interview questions, and a few situational questions. If you have worked in a similar retail environment before, than it should be easy to come up with answers to the questions by sharing specific stories from your last few jobs. Advice is to be articulate, I received positive interview feedback for doing this.

Interview Questions

• What were you most successful at your last job?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you had a line of customers when the store opened and you were by yourself?   Answer Question
    • What was the least favorite thing for you about the duties of your last job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you have experience in retail, always negotiate your pay. $12