Best Buy Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was easy. Spoke on the phone with someone, then was asked to come in for an in person interview. took a test to see if i passed for that position. The general manager was nice and friendly as was the in store manager. Interviewed by both. Did not take the position

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Madison, WI) in January 2015.

Interview

Process took 3 days . applied online . got called in the next day for an interview. A day later found out I didn't get the job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

The manager was very professional, clean, neat and polite. He used excellent grammar during the interview process. I was asked about myself and then the usual interview questions. At no time during the interview did I feel uncomfortable, after it was over he advised me that I would receive a phone call whether I was hired or not. I was called the very next day and accepted the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NO negotiations

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy in November 2014.

Interview

Interview was pretty light, no pressure and the employees were friendly. If you get there at the time they give you your interview, they'll call you fast. The time interval of the interview is very fair and so are the questions they ask.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation where your register came short?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy in October 2014.

Interview

Very straight forward inicial interview. Applied online for a specific opening then received a call to schedule an interview. It began on time and lasted about 20 minutes and was told I would be notified within 72 hours if they chose someone else or what I had to do for the second step of the interview (seemed like mostly paperwork and probably drug testing)

Interview Questions

• in your previos job how did you deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • What did you like and didn't like about your previous job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Tucson, AZ) in September 2014.

Interview

The process is kind of silly, to be honest. 3 Interviews for a cashier job. (1 on the phone, 2 in person) At least it was one on one, not a group. Just the same usual questions they always ask for customer service people.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with us?
      Was there ever a time you had to deal with a difficult customer, what did you do, etc.
      Do you believe in teamwork?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Saint Petersburg, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

the managers that did my interview were smart. they really test you with the questions. smooth process if they like you after the first interview you normally come back the same day or the next for the final 2

Interview Questions

• describe a time where you went out of your way to help a customer. what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in August 2014.

Interview

Overall I had a very negative experience. Was left waiting for 30 minutes despite arriving on time while they interviewed someone else. They then got my name wrong. Great start. The interview actually went very well, the same questions you see on here where asked and I got along great with the interviewer. Afterwards I was told I would be called to set up a final interview within the next few days. I let a week pass and heard nothing so I called up and was told they were still conducting interviews for the position. Another week passes, I call, still doing interviews. In the end they strung me along for an entire month before sneakily rejecting me through the job portal website, which you don't even receive a notification for.

Honestly, I'm pretty used to receiving nothing from companies, but the fact that I was told for sure that I would be called for a final interview before never hearing from them again makes me incredibly angry and disappointed.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a technical question which was odd as I was only applying for a customer service position, but I have some knowledge of computers so I was able to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South Salt Lake, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (South Salt Lake, UT) in August 2014.

Interview

Depends who you interview with. They hiring manager has a sheet of paper and reads off all the questions to you. If you have very good customer service experience they will hire you. I was lucky and they just hired me during my interview and paid me more then what the other employees were making. It will just depend on who you interview with

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I applied and got a call back about 3 days later. The HR lead gave me a phone interview and asked me what positions I was interested in, how soon I could work, and why I wanted to work at Best Buy. Then she set up a second interview with a manager who asked the typical tell me about a time questions. I thought I messed up in some of them but he said the interview went well and he wanted to give me an interview with the general manager. The general manager asked similar questions and said they would let me know on Monday ( My interview was Friday) if I got the job. However, I got a call back only two hours after the interview telling me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you worked on a difficult project and the results of that.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when your worked on a group project and had a difficult time.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if an employee stole something from the store?   Answer Question
    • What can we do for you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because the offer was sent in a letter packet. They don't tell you how much you will get paid until you actually get the job (after the interview).