Best Buy Customer Service Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.3

181 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Johnson City, TN) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a quick phone screen where they got an idea of what kind of hours you're looking for and when to schedule an interview. Then you schedule one interview with HR and then if you move forward, one with the general manager. The next day or so you get a job offer e-mail. It was quick about 3 days tops.

Interview Questions

• How do you think we should handle employee theft?   1 Answer
  • What did you like and dislike about your previous jobs?   1 Answer
  • Describe how you would handle a situation where you were assisting one customer but had to take care of multiple customers.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Memphis, TN) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position on the 2nd of September and received a call from one of the managers on the 8th of September which was my phone interview. The following Monday, I then went in for my face to face interview with the front end supervisor where she informed me to look out for a call for interview with the GM. I had that interview the very next day and received an offer on the spot. Very easy and everyone was so polite and bubbly, which made me less nervous.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to partner with someone from a different department to complete a task. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • If an employee is caught stealing m, how should it be handled?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about you previous jobs.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer. What did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Hiring process is lengthy. I applied online and didn't receive a phone call for about 3 weeks. It'd been so long I honestly forgot about it. She finally called an set me up for an interview the next day.. interview was good an I was only asked basic customer service questions. About 2 weeks later I got the call for the 2nd interview with the store manager.. offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• If you were a manager and one of your employees were seen stealing, what would you do..   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Mountain View, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

fisrt, they called me to give a phone interviewed after online assessment. then I went to the store to have a face to face interview, first with manager and then supervisor. It seems they want someone who has plenty of time to work there. But I want to find a part time with only at most 30 hours a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Usual 3 interviews.
    Phone- Just getting who you are and what you're about.
    Manager-A lot of questions that are pretty common should be able to answer all of them without a problem.
    GM- Just solidifying the last interview and a few more details.
    Overall the manager one was pretty weird just gotta feel out what's important to these people.

Interview Questions

• Q: How should we deal with employee theft?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Bloomington, IN) in June 2017.

Interview

About 10 days after submitting my online application, I received a phone call from the HR person. She asked a few questions about availability, and then said they'd like to schedule an interview, which I was able to schedule for the very next day.

When I arrived at the store, I went to the customer service desk and told them I was there for an interview, after which they went back to let the manager know. The person running the interview was the front end manager, and she walked be into the back to her office. Overall, she asked a lot of questions - some of which were kind of difficult. If you have previous retail experience, that is almost required because most of the questions were geared toward customer service. She seemed pretty impressed by most of my answers though, and after interview told me she would definitely pass me on for the second interview with the store manager. This first interview was on a Wednesday.

On Friday of the same week, I got a call from the HR person saying they would like to schedule me for a second interview with the store manager. I was able to schedule it for later that same day. For the second interview, the store manager asked only a few general questions about why I want to work there, and what I think I bring to the table. Then, he offered me the job on the spot. The entire process from application to job offer took about two weeks.

To sum up, always dress nice for an interview. Since I'm a guy, I wore khakis with a button-down shirt and tie. Don't err on the side of casual-ness. Previous retail experience is definitely a plus for answering most of the questions in the first interview. If they call you for a second interview, you can usually be pretty sure you'll get the job, as long as the store manager finds everything to be what the first manager told him or her about you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Best Buy?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you dealt with an angry customer, and the steps you took to deal with the situation?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you dealt with a difficult coworker, and the steps you took to deal with the situation?   Answer Question
    • What is the main thing you would have changed about your previous work environment?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you would be a good employee for Best Buy?   Answer Question
    • What was the hardest task you had to do at a previous job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Bronx, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview was pleasant enough even I didn't get a job. I believe even though Best Buy is an equal opportunity employer, I have never seen anyone above a specific age category. They hire young people for this type of positions that I have applied for.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about difficult customer handling and questions about employee honesty.   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Was called in to interview all the way at bronx, when the job I was applying for was located in brooklyn. Interview lasted 5 min and the hr representative had clearly already made her judgement on me before the interview began. She couldn't care less about my responses and said I would hear back in 2 weeks if anything, which was clear it wouldn't happen.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous job?   1 Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy in June 2017.

Interview

Basic retail questions, wanting to know if you like solving problems, how you've handled customer issues in the past. Was much more like a conversation than an interview, which made it much more relaxing than I was expecting.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you've dealt with and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call about a week later. I thought it was just a typical phone call to schedule an interview but the manager proceeded to have about a 10 minute phone interview with me which I was not prepared for as I was currently on my way out the door. I thought this was unprofessional of them as if you're going to hold an interview at least let the applicant know in advance. I'm used to going over my application on the phone before scheduling an interview, but this was more of a formal phone interview.