Best Buy Customer Service Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Customer Service Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.3

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I received a call about one week after applying for the position. One phone interview, interview with an assistant manager, and an interview with the general manager. Requires drug test and background check. Process can be a little tedious and drawn out.

Interview Questions

• Would you report someone if they were stealing?
    How have you handled difficult customers?
    Name positives and negatives of working as a team
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call the next day in which I was asked questions about my past work experience, my availability, other positions I might be interested in and then was invited to go into the store the next day for an in person interview. A few days later I had a second and third interview with the managers. Was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What should happen to a staff member who got caught stealing?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Best Buy specifically?   Answer Question
    • What did/didn't you like about your past work experiences?   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call back a few days later asking about my availability and scheduled a interview date. Went 10 minutes early and saw the manager walk back and forth several times. I waited 10 minutes after my scheduled time and asked an employee if he waited a long time for his interview- he told me that he waited an hour after his scheduled time! After hearing that, I almost got up to leave. lol. The manager took me in 15 minutes later- it was a very quick interview asking about my previous job experience. She mentioned they would call back the day after or the following day. They never got back to me and I accepted a different job that week.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mohegan, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Lake Mohegan, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a text message within an hour which was awesome! Contacted the store and was asked to come the very next day for an interview. The person I spoke with was super sweet and made me feel very comfortable and welcomed.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Submitted an application online, and received a phone call the next day to schedule an interview. Two part interview with the assistant manager and then the GM, ending with an emailed job offer and invitation for a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Pensacola, FL).

Interview

3 separate interviews: supervisor, manager, and finally the GM who offered me the job. I thought it would never end. All three were warm. I was nervous of course, but management was pleasant.
    Be as positive as you can, if asked about past employment talk about how you resolved issues with customers or coworkers.

Interview Questions

• Generic interview questions: why Bby? name a time when you had a difficult customer, what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mason City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Mason City, IA) in November 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard, same questions you get asked anywhere. It did require two interviews, first with assistant manager then 2nd with General Store Manager. The second one was very fast and simple, more less do you plan on working here long term, and when can you start? Kind of questions. I was offered plenty of opportunities to ask any questions I had during both interviews, and felt like they both genuinely cared and wanted to answer anything I may be unsure about.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you felt stressed at work and how did you get through it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Albuquerque, NM) in November 2016.

Interview

I was taken to a back room and sat down at a table with one of the managers. He was really kind and welcoming and we just talked about some basic stuff like what I had done at my previous job and what skills and attributes I could bring to the company. By the end of the interview he told me that he had a lot of interviews but that they would have a definitive answer by next week but I was called a few days later and was told I would get my drug test information over email.

Interview Questions

• What is one time, in a previous job or in life, that you've gone above and beyond for someone?   Answer Question
    • What is the most difficult customer service experience you've had to deal with and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • What skills do you posses that would be useful in this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Stockton, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the site and got a call two days later. It was a phone interview first with the assistant manager and then she scheduled me for a one on one interview with the General manager. Even though I applied for a sales consultant position, he offered me the position of the Customer service specialist position. It was an easy interview and not even nerve wrecking. It was business casual attire too. Just basic questions he asked about my previous work experience.

Interview Questions

• What should happen to an employee if he/she were caught stealing from work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Des Moines, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

Basic Interview Process. It was not very difficult and did not require that much prior knowledge of the business. I started with a phone interview and then had a interview with a manger. After that step I moved on to the final process where I had an interview with the general manager and I was offered the job.