Best Buy Customer Service Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Customer Service Specialist Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

2.3

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call about a week later. I thought it was just a typical phone call to schedule an interview but the manager proceeded to have about a 10 minute phone interview with me which I was not prepared for as I was currently on my way out the door. I thought this was unprofessional of them as if you're going to hold an interview at least let the applicant know in advance. I'm used to going over my application on the phone before scheduling an interview, but this was more of a formal phone interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I had three interviews. One on the phone, one with the dept manager, and one with the store manager. They basically wanted to know if I had experienced because it was holiday season.

Anonymous Employee in Estero, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Estero, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

It was very laid-back she brought me into a back room and asked me a few questions. They were easy to answer and then asked me if there's any questions for her. She explained how the store is and the culture of the people. She then said that there would be a second interview with the store manager. Basically the same thing with more probing. She repeated questions to try and get more answers. Probably to simulate a customer who is difficult. She told me I'd get a call by the end of the day. 10 minutes later HR called and said I got the job.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I received a call about one week after applying for the position. One phone interview, interview with an assistant manager, and an interview with the general manager. Requires drug test and background check. Process can be a little tedious and drawn out.

Interview Questions

• Would you report someone if they were stealing?
      How have you handled difficult customers?
      Name positives and negatives of working as a team
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call the next day in which I was asked questions about my past work experience, my availability, other positions I might be interested in and then was invited to go into the store the next day for an in person interview. A few days later I had a second and third interview with the managers. Was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What should happen to a staff member who got caught stealing?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Best Buy specifically?   Answer Question
    • What did/didn't you like about your past work experiences?   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call back a few days later asking about my availability and scheduled a interview date. Went 10 minutes early and saw the manager walk back and forth several times. I waited 10 minutes after my scheduled time and asked an employee if he waited a long time for his interview- he told me that he waited an hour after his scheduled time! After hearing that, I almost got up to leave. lol. The manager took me in 15 minutes later- it was a very quick interview asking about my previous job experience. She mentioned they would call back the day after or the following day. They never got back to me and I accepted a different job that week.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mohegan, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Lake Mohegan, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a text message within an hour which was awesome! Contacted the store and was asked to come the very next day for an interview. The person I spoke with was super sweet and made me feel very comfortable and welcomed.

Anonymous Employee in Soquel, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Best Buy (Soquel, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews: One formal with the general manager and one formal interview with the scheduling manager. Once that process was completed and I was eligible to be hired, I also had to pass a drug test and background check before they could officially hire me.

Interview Questions

• How I liked working with the public, etc.   1 Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Submitted an application online, and received a phone call the next day to schedule an interview. Two part interview with the assistant manager and then the GM, ending with an emailed job offer and invitation for a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Pensacola, FL).

Interview

3 separate interviews: supervisor, manager, and finally the GM who offered me the job. I thought it would never end. All three were warm. I was nervous of course, but management was pleasant.
    Be as positive as you can, if asked about past employment talk about how you resolved issues with customers or coworkers.

Interview Questions

• Generic interview questions: why Bby? name a time when you had a difficult customer, what did you do?   Answer Question