Best Buy Demand Planning Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Demand Planning Analyst Interview Questions

2.6

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Demand Planning Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Panel interview with three individuals. They all had canned interview questions on my computer knowledge and typical work situations. Also asked me a lot about my past work experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize two projects that are due at the exact time and you receive them at the same time?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2015.

Interview

Two 30 min interviews with typical behavioral questions ending with one technical question about the role. There will most likely be 2 people interviewing you with one as a manager of a certain category and then a support analyst role. Very laid back interview but they will just go question by question and not ask anything unique from what HR told them to ask.

Interview Questions

• If we only had 800 units of something but it was in 1000 stores how would you go about allocating units?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Richfield, MN) in November 2015.

Interview

On Campus Interview then just a interview at Best Buy. Nothing too crazy, just the normal behavioral questions. After that you took a knowledge quiz that was kind of difficult but they said it had no effect on if you were to get an offer or not. Also got a tour of the Best Buy building.

Demand Planning Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

First had a phone interview, then they called back to invite me to their corporate office. Was there with four other applicants. Interviewed with three different groups who all asked similar questions. They kept it very relaxed throughout.

Interview Questions

• You have 3 barrels of apples, oranges, and apples/oranges. They are all labeled incorrectly. You're allowed to look inside 1 barrel. How do you correctly label each?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

Very simple and straightforward 2-on-1 interview with 2 people in their demand planning department. All behavioral questions that you would expect from any other firm. Ultimately got a rejection email within a few days of the interview. Perhaps a blessing in disguise considering that other firms with more stable corporate conditions extended me offers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you worked in a difficult environment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Richfield, MN) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone Screen, Phone Interview, On Site Behavioral Interview. The process went really quick, as well as the offer. I slightly lost interest after how easy the process was! However I accepted and made the most of it, got promoted within 9 months. They struggle to find legitimate talent at Best Buy due to the compensation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a challenge that you overcame   Answer Question

Demand Planning Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I had my first round interview through my university which was as simple as interviews go with some easy behavioral questions asked by a friendly interviewer. Nothing that i can think of that made my first round interview difficult. I got the second round interview in Richfield, MN which was a lot more difficult than the first. It was a set of 3 interviews with 2 interviewers each. They asked normal interview questions aswell as much more difficult ones. After all three interviews and presentations and tour i was on their beautiful campus for over 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• Asked without time to think (It is a brain teaser so your expected to get this wrong)... sallys mother has 4 daughters april may and june what is the name of her fourth daughter?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Richfield, MN).

Interview

Started with a phone interview with a recruiter then two pannel interviews and a case study. Called back for a second interview with an additional pannel.

One panel was great. Was with 2 current DPA's and I believe the department VP. The case study was nothing special. What do you need to know to answer this question sort of thing. The gentlemen running it were pleasant though I talked 90% of the time so didn't get a good feel for them.

The third panel was horrid. When given the opportunity to ask questions I threw in a couple that I typically find interviewers are thrown off by to see how prepared they are. Was surprised during one panel interview as well as the callback interview at how underwhelming the team leads and senior position holders were.

I had been warned by a few friends who had recently left or were interviewing elsewhere to get out that the culture around there is to fill empty seats of quality people heading elsewhere which leads to woefully underqualified people dragging down daily processes. I didn't expect it to be so obvious during the interviews themselves but this didn't seem like a smart long term career choice.

Interview Questions

• All behavior questions. Tell me about a time or what's something you did type questions. The case study is nothing special as long as you can justify your responses.   Answer Question

Offer was generous. However, I interviewed despite advice of friends who worked there or had worked there. With how the company is going, anyone worth what they were getting paid has left or is trying to leave for companies like Cargill, Target, US bank or other local companies. The people remaining are under qualified for their jobs and it showed during two of the panels. Seemed like a good place for a short term boost only to get "reorganized" out of a job in 3 years.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Had multiple interviews in different rooms. They asked basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• why is a man hole cover round?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Best Buy (Bloomington, MN) in October 2012.

Interview

First interview takes place on campus and is conducted by a Senior Demand Planning Analyst. The interview is fairly relaxed, as represented by Best Buy's working culture, and is a more get to know you interview. One week later I was contacted by HR that I gotten a second round interview.

The Second round interview consists of 3 back to back 30 minute interview that are conducted by 2 different interviewers each time. The interview consists most of situational kinds of questions pertaining to the job, as well as a brain teaser in each one of the 3 interviews. Your responses are evaluated on rationale rather than on whether the answer is correct. I found out a month later that I had received an offer.

Interview Questions

• During holiday season if Best Buy is running short on IPAD inventory and cannot purchase any additional units, what actions would you take as a Demand Planning Analyst?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.