Best Buy Geek Squad CIA Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Geek Squad CIA Agent Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Two face to face interviews in store. You must first pass a phone interview before you get an interview in store. Always come dress business professional. Drug and background check needed before hire.

Interview Questions

• Basic customer service questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

No need to negotiate. Pay rate is based on experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Geek Squad CIA Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Only one interview and that was in store by the Hiring Manager. I was very dissatisfied with the lack of consideration they had for my time due to the fact that I was told to wait for 2 hours for the HR Manager to return from "lunch break".

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Interview

Applied online, within a couple weeks was contacted over the phone to come in and do an in person interview. The interview was pretty casual, nothing out of the ordinary. The manager I interviewed with was pretty cool and easy going.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disgruntle customer?   1 Answer

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Interview

they test your skills with visual identification of parts, and test of skills on a computer,its not hard if your really a geek at heart.its simply to see a bit of what you know and how you will fit into the "squad"

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in January 2015.

Interview

Interview process in 3 phases, phone, geeksquad manager, store manager. Once you hit the 3rd phase you pretty much typically get the job and at point you're discussing wages. The questions were relatively easy to handle.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain to a customer who has no technical knowledge of what a motherboard is?   Answer Question

Geek Squad CIA Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online at Best Buy.com. Received a phone call to schedule an interview in the store. Came in for interview waited about 15minutes before I was seen. Talked about other jobs i had in the past. Got a second interview with store manager, basically talked about the expectations and pay and what was required to submit to HR.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with an Irate customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

After talking with other employees pay raged from 10-14$

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (College Station, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online, waited a week or two, got a phone call for an interview, set a time and a date, had the interview with the lady that called me, we rescheduled for a second interview just a few days down the road, had an interview with Pete Cambel - the General Manager of the store - set a time for my first shift, he gave me a shirt and a temporary name tag, and then I had a job. Yay!

Interview Questions

• If I was tech savvy and knew my way around a computer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

Went for two interviews, was told the over the phone call was my first interview but honestly all they did was ask when I wanted to meet them in person. First interview the guy showed me around the place and asked me some situational questions, then told me that he would schedule me for the same time the next week, and that he would also consider me for other positions around the store considering they have more of a need for workers in other positions then they do for Geek Squad. At the Second Interview I ended up waiting for 30-40 minutes because there was a scheduling mishap, for some reason my interview was scheduled during an important meeting with one of the departments. Once the interview started it was more of the same thing but this time with the store's General Manager.

Interview Questions

• "What would you do to make sure that you meet your hourly sales goals?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I interviewed at Best Buy (Dallas, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Everything was great. He spoke about the company and what I would be doing. I already know a lot about tvs. They helped me with talking to customers. I picked it up quick and moved it fast. Just talk about how well you can talk to customers. You will do fine

Interview Questions

• Nothing,just the basic questions you can find online or YouTube.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer,take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Union, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Terrible and unorganized, was scheduled for a 3pm interview and showed up an hour early to wait until that time and then having someone tell me the hr manager isn't here cause he left early.