Best Buy General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy General Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2017

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

General Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Had a 30 minute interview with a HR representative. Standard questions from the individual. Spoke about over 20 yrs in the retail industry during the interview process. Decline email sent from the HR department. Poor interview process setup and the associate was not personable at all.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2016.

Interview

Started with personality test. Then was followed up by a phone screen interview. Final stage was a group interview with 6 members on the panel. After entire panel asked questions, final 10 minutes was directly with District Manager follow up.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Baltimore, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

Apply on best buys website then fill out the personality form. Once the requisition closes you will receive a phone call from the area recruiter who will set up a phone interview and if you pass you will receive a phone call setting up an in person pannel interview with 2-5 people. Usually only one interview. After everyone has interviewed you will receive a phone call regardless

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you analyzed a profit and loss statement to maximize profitibility   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Interview process is good until it comes to the face to face. First impression is EVERYTHING so your appearance should be on point. Don't be surprised if they ask you to go to a different location for a possible open position as most of the DM's don't know what they want.

Interview Questions

• Tell Me about a time where you worked with community outreach. How did you initiate the event and what was your outcome? How often would you say you have contact with your community to suport your business and how has that helped you or hurt you in past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Annapolis, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

First, I was contacted by a recruiter, where we held a brief phone interview on the spot. The recruiter then instructed me to apply to the position (GM) online, where completion of an assessment is required. A few days later, I was contacted by the recruiter and scheduled for an in-person interview with two district managers and an HR manager. The interview went fairly well, although I was new to the industry. There were a couple questions asked that I didn't have the best answer for, but because I have management experience, I persevered through pretty well.

Interview Questions

• What are some major impacts to the mobile industry today?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braintree, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Braintree, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Three step process of application/CV screen, phone screen, and finally hour long interview. Two weeks to a month later you find out if you got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Interview was based off of a guide that had three or four different questions the interviewer could choose from.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

The bottom line is ... Who do you know. Don't let anyone fool you. This company is build on who ya know. Do not apply unless someone who is making the decision tells you to apply. With that being said, the interview doesn't matter

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's who you know.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Best Buy (Columbus, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Leadership positions require a series of interviews traditionally starting with a phone screening, followed by a potential second prior to a face to face. The face to face will traditionally be with at least two perople however there may be a panel style depending on urgency and availability of market leadership.

Interview Questions

• Best Buy has a lot of competitors in our industry. If you were hired, how would you go about maintaining our current customer base and growing new customers?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Interview

The interview for the General Manager position is a panel interview with anywhere from 4-6 people including the District Manager and other General Managers. Everything else is pretty standard as far as the process. You apply, get scheduled for your interview and deal with the usual nerves.

Interview Questions

• "Explain the most difficult work-related decision you've had to make." This question is difficult because it really depends on what your audience wants to hear, there really is no right or wrong answer here and you may out-think yourself.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Interview

There was a panel interview with other local GM's and District employees. Behavior questions explain the situation, action and results. You sit directly across from them which make it feel like a firing line.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult situation, why was it difficult what did you do and nope looking back how would you handle it   Answer Question