Best Buy Home Theater Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Home Theater Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Best Buy

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2012.

Interview

I went in before I applied and introduced myself to the manager of the computer department, which I now know is called PCHO. I asked if I could possibly get an interview with them sometime and they referred me to applying online, which I expected but I just wanted to get my self recognizable. I then applied online and called in the next day and asked if they had received my application. They told me that they were too busy to look for applications at the time so they told me to call back at a "non-peak" hour, which is usually 4-8pm weekdays. I called back at the recommended times and got the same response about 4 times. About a week later I got a call from the Home Theater manager asking if I was still interested and then proceeded with the "phone interview" which is basically a series of questions that determine wether or not I even am worth their time coming in for a real interview. I passed the phone interview and he told me to come in on a set date (3 days later). I then interviewed with the same manager that I spoke over the phone. Interview went well and asked many questions. Roughly regarding customer interactions. The main thing that they wanted me to say was that I should make the customer happy and provide them with the complete solution. Then the second, person-to-person, interview was with his direct manager. He asked me the exact same questions, same experience, then they passed me on to the general manager, mind you that each of the interviews were two days apart, he was nice and asked me the same kind of questions that the other two managers did only with more criticism. Apparently I impressed him and was offered the job right there at their base pay.

Interview Questions

• There was a situation were I had to treat the interviewer as if they were a friend of mine, and carry on a conversation about my favorite movie.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The offer was firm. even though I expected less.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (San Jose, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Very laid back. Very easy questions. Do not expect an intense interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (San Antonio, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

It was a two step interview first was with the department manager and the last one with the GM. The first inter view was more about my sales experience and my knowledge. The second interview was with the GM and was to find out how I worked well with others and if I was goal oriented.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to role play in selling a product or service.   1 Answer

Home Theater Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Pretty easy interview. A phone interview followed by 3 in person interviews. The process takes too long as you meet with the department supervisor. Next with the customer service manager. Lastly with the general manager.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Home Theater Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

You interview with HT manager first and then if they like you, you interview with the GM for the position

Interview Questions

• Knowing what things you do know about technology compared to the manager and other employees   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Santa Clarita, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Got a call that week about a "job fair". I was confused over the phone and simply asked if I was being interviewed or not? They said yes but kept calling it a "job fair"? I've been to job fairs before where multiple companies and businesses are gathered to promote and find new employees. What this really ended up being was the biggest line for a 3 portion part interview. There were probably around 40-55 people roughly that showed up is what it felt like. Luckily I was one of the first in line (get there early).

The interview was 3 parts that took place within 45min to an hour. The first step was a simple basic interview which I kinda saw as a personality and down to earth test. The 2nd was in the back stock area where the tone was much much more serious. They looked at my resume each time and they asked me about my audio background and stuff like that. It was seen that I would be a good fit for their Home Theater/ Car Fi department. I was shocked cause I only applied for cashier, although honored.

Last interview was with the store manager, somewhat re-asking similar interview questions from the first 2. He gave me the offer for seasonal Home Theater and I accepted.

Only thing was I had to reapply as Home Theater but no big deal

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with technology?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Seasonal. Just given a paper of the general offer with the pay amount on it

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Lansing, MI) in October 2010.

Interview

minimum of 3 interviews. Usually one over the phone, one with manager of department, then the final interview by the GM or the Loss Prevention Manager. Also, when you are filling out the application on it is timed! Make sure you are using your time wisely or your application will not even make it though round 1! The more prepared you come for the interview the more successful it will be. A resume or documents proving what you can offer to the company will be extremely beneficial. Be prepared to answer tons of questions (typical interview questions) and have very specific detailed answers. With out detailed answers they will dismiss you interview.

Interview Questions

• "sell this stapler to me" it was more or less used as a silly ice breaker but it defiantly threw me off.   Answer Question

Negotiation

went back and forth for a while. I ended up with an extra $1.00 then the original offer on the table.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Bloomington, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

I sent an application in online and was called about a week later. They set me up for my interview 4 days after the phone call. I had my first interview with the assistant store manager and did so well in my interview that I went straight over to the GM for my 2nd interview. I did so well in that interview also that she told me I already got the job. Fairly easy questions and both managers were very easy to converse with!

Interview Questions

• They were fairly easy, the most "difficult" was "Explain to me how you close a sale", this is was just a little harder to answer because each customer is different and I also did not have the most in depth experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate wage.

Home Theater Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

First you would have an interview then, you would have a second or sometimes they will skip to the third. be prepared to look nice. I saw on guy next to me that had jeans and a t-Shirt, they told to go home. Drug screening will be after they hire you.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose best buy? What can you bring to Best Buy? They will ask questions about technological features for example a phone, TV, computers etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They took my offer, but it never hurts to try.

Home Theater Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in June 2014.

Interview

It is a 3 step one on one interview with three different people. You have a Phone interview with the hiring manager. The second one is with one of the assistant manager. The last one is the one with the General manager of the store and if you make it to this point you have to job. If they don't bring up the pay and what not at the end of this interview than you didn't get it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation if I was you I'd put $10 an hour on your application so you can negotiate better I didn't know that until later.