Best Buy Home Theater Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Home Theater Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Fresno, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a thre step process (maybe 4) I got called by the recruiter and did an over the phone screening (like a mini interview) she asks 3 questions just the typical ones then I got scheduled for the first interview with the department manager next a few days later got called for a 2nd interview which was with the store manager ( I had originally applied for the mobile position but the store manager said I'd be a better asset in the home theater) the 3rd interview was with the General Manager and at the 3rd interview you pretty much have the job as long as you don't do something stupid this whole interview process took about a week and a half maybe less

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went out of your way to help a customer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Home Theater Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and completed the personality test. Got a call from Best Buy the next morning for an interview. It was a "what does can you come in for an interview" type so it gave me freedom to choose.

Arrive 10 minutes early, and was told to sit by the TVs while they call my interviewer. Taken to the back and was asked about 6-8 questions. Two interviews, one with a supervisor and one with the GM. Both happen to be on the same day. It was really relaxed with no unnecessary pressure while being interviewed. Both the GM and supervisor were really cool.

If you're a tech person or know a lot of stuff on a specific department, it'll be really easy and relaxed in the interview since it shows them that you have value to them as a hire.

Also after the GM finished the interview and ask if I had any questions for them, I asked when I would hear back about the interview process and they said today. They hired me on the spot, but still sent an email with all the paperwork to sign electronically and three locations you can do your drug test.

Interview Questions

• First interview: Mostly
      "Describe a time when ...." or "How did you approach...." type interview questions.

Second interview with GM:
      What do you do when you catch a sales associate stealing? (They asked me if I knew anyone working there and said friend instead of sales associate)
      Like and dislike about previous job.
      Responsibilities of previous job.

*Optional question you can answer*
      How much did you get paid on the your previous job?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Jacksonville, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Contacted by phone with phone interview then scheduled for interview with a manager, interview went very well have a third interview with the general manager in two days to determine if I get hired or not. Let your personality show they love it.

Interview Questions

• Situation questions about customers experience and teamwork and availability.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Still waiting for my third interview which basically means you got the job don't ask for less than 10 an hour.

Anonymous Employee in League City, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (League City, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Horrible. I was 15 minutes early. And was seen 30 minutes after the appointed time. As a former manager, the associates were unprofessional on every level. I could do all their jobs single handedly. Do NOT work here unless you aren't wanting for any real work or ability to learn.

Anonymous Employee in Garner, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Garner, NC).

Interview

First interview I received was through phone. Happened around 1PM. I was called by the front lead manager. Asked me questions about my previous experiences and if i was comfortable with people and how would I resolve a problem with a customer. Second interview was with a Mobile Manager. Asked me different questions about home theater merchandise. Third interview was with the GM in the back and questioned me about loyalty and thereafter negotiated the hourly rate. Last question asked was what would you do if you saw a employee steal. (Common Sense)

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a employee steal?   1 Answer
    • Do you know the difference between 480p, 720p, 1080p, 4k?   1 Answer
    • Asked me different questions about what if a customer had this problem with a product and what not   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Athens, GA).

Interview

Three interviews, one on the phone, one with the sales manager, then one final one with the general manager. The phone interview were basic interview questions, and the other two were a little more in depth about sales, but were basically the same.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Topeka, KS) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview: Was a few basic questions just to see what you were expecting hours and pay wise. Then some basic questions took about 5 min.

1st Interview: Was with their sales manager. Nice guy was pretty friendly. I showed up 20 minutes early. Ended up waiting for 40 minutes before he saw me. Turns out he arrived into work right when my interview was scheduled. Made small talk on the way to the office in the back. He asked me 8 basic questions. Make sure after they are done asking you questions you have 2-3 questions of your own questions to ask. This part is really important and a big part of why I think I got the job.

2nd Interview: Was with their general co-manager. Again I showed up 20 minutes early and had to wait around 35 min before he saw me. He was incredibly busy and we just went in the front office which was really messy. But that's okay. Went through some quick questions and was pretty apparent after about 10 minutes I was definitely being considered.

Interview Questions

• What kind of pay are you expecting?   1 Answer
    • What made you want to work at Best Buy?   1 Answer
    • How would you help a customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked to get around $10 and that is what he offered me and said it was the starting pay. I'm young without a lot of experience so was in no position to negotiate as I'm just happy to have the job. I plan on excelling and going up in the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valparaiso, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Valparaiso, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online, filled out there 20 some questionare online, then a recruiter called me very soon to ask for a phone interview, which was very basic. Asked why I want to work for Best Buy, general knowldge of electronics and home theater. Got the interview in store with an assistant mangager and the store manager directly after.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about stealing? What if you owned the business?
      Explain a time you didn't get along with a coworker.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Virginia Beach, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

I had my phone interview with a nice young lady, then I had an interview with a nice young man, he was really down to earth.... and got call back for an interview with the Gm....

Interview Questions

• give me a time where your felt like you worked your hardest?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Blaine, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Blaine, MN) in April 2016.

Interview

There are 3 interviews. The first interview is a phone interview, very light questions. The second interview is an actually interview with the assistant manager, common interview questions. And lastly if you get a third interview its with the GM. If you get this far more than likely they will give you a job offer. But the process of actually starting is pretty long compared to most other places that are similar, don't expect a call back immediately.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Best Buy?   1 Answer