Best Buy Home Theater Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 4, 2017

2.2

72 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Home Theater Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Applied online and had to complete one of those 30 to 45 minute personality assessments. After that, if you are selected, you get interviewed by a manager. I was interviewed by the assistant store manager. The person asked basic STAR questions. If you do well, they will have you come in one final time to interview with the GM. He will also ask STAR questions and then they might get back to you, or offer you the job right there. I was offered the job right after the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Humble, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online, they called me next day. The interview was a very chill person. He asked me about loyalty and why Best Buy. He asked which position would you like in all the store.

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Fresno, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a thre step process (maybe 4) I got called by the recruiter and did an over the phone screening (like a mini interview) she asks 3 questions just the typical ones then I got scheduled for the first interview with the department manager next a few days later got called for a 2nd interview which was with the store manager ( I had originally applied for the mobile position but the store manager said I'd be a better asset in the home theater) the 3rd interview was with the General Manager and at the 3rd interview you pretty much have the job as long as you don't do something stupid this whole interview process took about a week and a half maybe less

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went out of your way to help a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Skokie, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview, Was asked basic questions, availability, previous work experience quite short about 10 minutes. Be sure to ask questions! ex: When do I expect to hear back? dont stress it and it will all be A-ok Took about 1 week for a call back.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work weekends?   1 Answer

Home Theater Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy in December 2016.

Interview

full of information about the position.
    questions about view of internal theft
    not long.
    two interviews
    drug test
    background test
    must go to sales induction after hired
    must keep up with learning lounges to remain employed

Home Theater Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and completed the personality test. Got a call from Best Buy the next morning for an interview. It was a "what does can you come in for an interview" type so it gave me freedom to choose.

Arrive 10 minutes early, and was told to sit by the TVs while they call my interviewer. Taken to the back and was asked about 6-8 questions. Two interviews, one with a supervisor and one with the GM. Both happen to be on the same day. It was really relaxed with no unnecessary pressure while being interviewed. Both the GM and supervisor were really cool.

If you're a tech person or know a lot of stuff on a specific department, it'll be really easy and relaxed in the interview since it shows them that you have value to them as a hire.

Also after the GM finished the interview and ask if I had any questions for them, I asked when I would hear back about the interview process and they said today. They hired me on the spot, but still sent an email with all the paperwork to sign electronically and three locations you can do your drug test.

Interview Questions

• First interview: Mostly
      "Describe a time when ...." or "How did you approach...." type interview questions.

Second interview with GM:
      What do you do when you catch a sales associate stealing? (They asked me if I knew anyone working there and said friend instead of sales associate)
      Like and dislike about previous job.
      Responsibilities of previous job.

*Optional question you can answer*
      How much did you get paid on the your previous job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Jacksonville, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Contacted by phone with phone interview then scheduled for interview with a manager, interview went very well have a third interview with the general manager in two days to determine if I get hired or not. Let your personality show they love it.

Interview Questions

• Situation questions about customers experience and teamwork and availability.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Still waiting for my third interview which basically means you got the job don't ask for less than 10 an hour.

Anonymous Employee in League City, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (League City, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Horrible. I was 15 minutes early. And was seen 30 minutes after the appointed time. As a former manager, the associates were unprofessional on every level. I could do all their jobs single handedly. Do NOT work here unless you aren't wanting for any real work or ability to learn.

Anonymous Employee in Garner, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Garner, NC).

Interview

First interview I received was through phone. Happened around 1PM. I was called by the front lead manager. Asked me questions about my previous experiences and if i was comfortable with people and how would I resolve a problem with a customer. Second interview was with a Mobile Manager. Asked me different questions about home theater merchandise. Third interview was with the GM in the back and questioned me about loyalty and thereafter negotiated the hourly rate. Last question asked was what would you do if you saw a employee steal. (Common Sense)

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a employee steal?   1 Answer
    • Do you know the difference between 480p, 720p, 1080p, 4k?   1 Answer
    • Asked me different questions about what if a customer had this problem with a product and what not   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Athens, GA).

Interview

Three interviews, one on the phone, one with the sales manager, then one final one with the general manager. The phone interview were basic interview questions, and the other two were a little more in depth about sales, but were basically the same.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question