Best Buy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2017

2.6

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Applied through staffing agency and got call from them after 3 weeks and set up a interview with director and asked behavioral questions at round 1 with director . Couldn't get to go for the second round .

Interview Questions

• How do you gather requirements   1 Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Was called in to interview all the way at bronx, when the job I was applying for was located in brooklyn. Interview lasted 5 min and the hr representative had clearly already made her judgement on me before the interview began. She couldn't care less about my responses and said I would hear back in 2 weeks if anything, which was clear it wouldn't happen.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous job?   1 Answer

Human Resources Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

The interviewer was late in placing the call to me, and the conversation ended up being short and negative. The interviewer was dismissive, condescending, rude and interrupted me while speaking. After extensive preparations and research about the company, the interview essentially was over as soon as I indicated that I currently was doing temporary contract work for a previous employer, as I had left my previous job to relocate to the area. There were absolutely no questions or opportunities to talk about achievements, successes or past work experiences. After her obvious distaste for my response to her question as to how I communicated with my team in a prior role, which was not that dissimilar to Best Buy's process, she went on to lecture me about the need to be receptive to different ways of doing things. She wanted to know how HR could save money for the organization. I wish I had commented that one of the most cost-effective measures for Best Buy could be to train its customer service employees, as customer interactions directly affect the bottom line. After my experience with the recruiter, my perception is that the dismissive attitude comes directly from the top. She was looking for a negative report about the last feedback conversation with my manager. When I offered a positive response, the interview was over. I withdrew myself from consideration.

Interview Questions

• What was the last feedback conversation with your boss? How many employees and how many people did you manage (don't provide any additional information than that)?   Answer Question

Lifestyles Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I applied a few days ago and got a phone call today with a screening where they asked me a few questions. I see a lot of people here set up the in person interview over the first phone call, but my interviewer said that she would call me back to setup an interview if they are interested in me. Does this mean that I did not get the Job? I know a lot about technology and current consumer electronics and I tried to pitch this over the phone.

Sales Associate Computing and DI Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Applied online, received a call within a week to set up an interview. I received a decision over a week after the interview took place. If I had moved on an interview with the store manager would have taken place.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mechanically read from a list, nearly all of which were "Talk about a time when..."   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Woodbridge, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back saying I would go straight to the second round of interviews and would know wether or not I would get the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you dealt with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Lifestyles Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy in June 2017.

Interview

Had an interview over the phone and then got processed for the one on one interview. The job interview was with the sales manager and the general manager. The general manager seemed nice at first and asked questions. The sales manager wrote down what he could and then started asking me questions.
    The general manager then began to lay back in his chair and stretch and then proceeded to look at his phone and talk on his radio. The sales manager seemed to like and looked at the general manager to see what he thought and the general manager shrugged.

Interview Questions

• What bugs you?   Answer Question
    • A customer comes in and doesn't know what kind of product they are looking for and doesn't know a lot about electronics. What do you do?   Answer Question

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Louisville, KY) in June 2017.

Interview

I got called in for the first interview and had to wait 25 minutes after my scheduled time to be interviewed. The interview went really well and the interviewer was very nice. As mentioned in other posts, the questions they ask are all on here already. I scheduled a follow-up interview with the store manager two days later. I showed up for that and they said that they were low on management personnel at that time but that when another one came in then they'd interview me. I waited 20 minutes and was told that an assistant manager had arrIved and was going to interview me but she had a conference call to take first. I waited another 25-30 minutes before leaving because I should not have had to wait an hour past my scheduled time. Makes me question management and how the store is run. By the way, while I sat there waiting I saw the guy who was supposed to have interviewed me walk by multiple times. Would have liked to work there but it seems very disrespectful to keep someone waiting so long.

Interview Questions

• Why Best Buy? Tell about a time you had to work as a team and it went poorly?   Answer Question

Computers and DI Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Milford, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

It took about 1 week before they called me. I completed the phone screen, then a week later they asked me if I could come in for an interview. I was interviewed by the front end supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you failed to help someone and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you were in a challenging or difficult situation, and what did you do to help get through said situation?   Answer Question

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Sarasota, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Short phone interview before being asked to come in. I was asked basic questions after filling out the times I would be available. Overall not too hard of an interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question