Best Buy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 24, 2017
3,493 Interview Reviews

2.4

3,493 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I received a call about one week after applying for the position. One phone interview, interview with an assistant manager, and an interview with the general manager. Requires drug test and background check. Process can be a little tedious and drawn out.

Interview Questions

• Would you report someone if they were stealing?
      How have you handled difficult customers?
      Name positives and negatives of working as a team
      1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Amarillo, TX).

Interview

Apply online for the position, 1-2 interviews depending on the position, and if you currently work there. Afterwards, it takes about 1-2 weeks for the management to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing that you did to go above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

3 interviews, each with a higher manager. After the third interview you will either get a job offer or they will tell you they will call you for further questions.

Install Interview

Interview

Long and a lot of questions. They ask a lot of questions that make no sense for the position. Just a general interview that really doesnt make a lot of sense.

Interview Questions

• What did you do with a customer who was being difficult.   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Great interview, made me feel comfortable to be my complete self and was asked to apply for a higher up position. Which I did, and was higher within 5-6 days of applying. Also received a promotion with my first year

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Best Buy?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dothan, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Dothan, AL).

Interview

Applying for the job was simple enough. All that it required was going online on one of their in-store computers, filling out an application, and inserting the name of the employee who referenced you to the job (if there was one). The employee who referenced me also recommended that I apply at home as well for good measure. Within a short amount of time (perhaps a week or two), I was called in for an interview.

Come interview day, I found myself waiting with about two other people who, it turned out, would be interviewing with me as part of a group interview. Once we were called back, we were sat at a table in front of two managers who welcomed us, gave us some general information about the company, and asked us questions related to our past experiences in retail (if we had any) and how we may have dealt with difficult situations in those environments. After this, we were sent out so that the managers could evaluate their notes and consider who to hire.

After a few minutes, I was called back into the room. They offered me a job, which I accepted; however, I don't believe I was their first choice. It turns out that, according to the managers, one of the interviewees left after the interview and didn't come back, so an offer couldn't be extended to him, and the other interviewee declined the offer. So, they were left with me. After accepting the offer, they asked me my opinion on the best system to boost employee moral (e.g. bonus, employee of the month, etc.). They thanked me for my answer and I started to leave, but not before having my mismatched belt (black) and shoes (brown) critiqued by one of the managers. I understand now the importance of fashion rules, but the way she remarked about what I was wearing (which was otherwise harmless--light blue button down shirt with a knotted tie and khaki trousers) came across a bit sharply. This was perhaps my only negative takeaway from the interview (obviously not important enough to not take the job).

In a matter of days, I was called in for training, and the rest is history. Not at all a bad interview process. Just go in with your thoughts collected and any knowledge about the company which you can gather and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a difficult situation which you were able to overcome with a positive resolution.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Interviewed with the GM and the Operations manager. We mainly discussed about schedule and availability. We then went into details about shrink and how to shrink. In addition, the gm went on to talk about company policy about stealing, and asset management. The gm was very nice about everything, and he even went on to offer me different positions once the positions open.

Interview Questions

• What does shrink mean to you and how can the company help reduce shrink?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Group interviews which lead to mass hiring not the ideal situation but it's a quick process second interview consisted of less hiring managers not a long process at all the questions were very standard and not difficult they were very responsive calling me back the same day for the second round of interviews p

Sales Interview

Interview

The interview process was fine. What's not fine is attempting to search for new jobs and/or careers, finding specific ones only on your site and being forced to fill out this. I do not want to review my part time job, nor do I want to anonymously talk about it on the Internet.

Interview Questions

• I still do not want to submit reviews on my current employer.   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Had a 30 minute interview with a HR representative. Standard questions from the individual. Spoke about over 20 yrs in the retail industry during the interview process. Decline email sent from the HR department. Poor interview process setup and the associate was not personable at all.