Best Buy Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2018

2.2

120 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with HR first, then an in store meeting with the DCI and store manager. A Series of questions involving mainly customer service and sales, and very few things about computers themselves.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with sales and where else in Best Buy could you see yourself?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Sioux City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Best Buy (Sioux City, IA) in January 2009.

Interview

Submitted application online. Heard nothing for two weeks, went in store and talked to the Operations senior who set up an interview for the next week. Had a 1:1 interview with one manager, then heard nothing for two weeks. Came back in and had another 1:1 interview set up with another manager for the next week. Went well and he said I should expect to be hired soon.

Heard nothing for another week or so. Came in and had yet another 1:1 interview set up with a third manager, who said all my paperwork had been lost so he had to ask me all the questions again. This time he said the position had already been given to somebody else so I was to start out in customer service instead. Saw the second manager on the way out, who assumed I had already been hired. They contacted me about orientation a couple weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain a bad sector to somebody who doesn't know anything about computers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They told me what the starting pay was, and there was no negotiation.

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in October 2009.

Interview

3 Rounds of Interview. First on character, Second on Character and third on IT knowledge. Great Overall. Character questions were based on good judgement of right from wrong. IT knowledge was based on basic Comptia A+ comparability. Interviewees were very friendly and asked a lot of open ended questions as well as more focused questions. Just answer truthfully and you'll be fine.

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

they called me in for an interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Memphis, TN) in July 2013.

Interview

A little slow, then they called me to make my interview appointment. I got 15 minutes early; However, the manager made me wait around 30 minutes. The interview was in a little room, two managers asked me questions.

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Northridge, CA).

Interview

filled out online application, got a call with in 3-4 days and they set up and interview. Panel interview with 2 supervisors and 1 manager.

Interview Questions

• If you was an animal what animal would you be? Random question all really easy just have to think quick.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me a pretty good hourly so I accepted. starting was $12.50 i believe.

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy in August 2013.

Interview

Had a quick impromptu phone interview. It was pretty basic, but the job turned out to be more home theatre installation, rather then computer repair/diagnosis, which is what I was looking to do. Still interested in the position, I went on with the interview. All basic stuff. Strengths, weaknesses, what do you want to get out of this job. Those kinds of questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you didn't get along with someone, but still had to work with them, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy in September 2009.

Interview

3 Part interview. 1 over the phone and 2 in person. Most questions are situational type questions. IE " Tell us about a time." There is no right or wrong answer. They want specific answers, and try not to use the same example more than once.

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Interview

It was the usual questions. I didn't think it was too difficult of an interview. As long as you come prepared, you should be OK.

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Hiring process was rather easy. Complete the application process online and wait for a phone call when positions become available. After interview with several managers and drug test then you're hired as long as test comes back negative and you can work well with others.

Interview Questions

• When presented with a problem that required team assistance, how did you work with others to get the problem fixed.   Answer Question