Best Buy Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Northbrook, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

You meet with the lead agent/manager of the store, and from there they ask you some questions, but nothing really notating you knowledge. The manager I dealt with didn't seem too sharp on how to fix PC's nor do anything really technical.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the most challenging things I had done.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trumbull, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Trumbull, CT).

Interview

First interview was basically figuring out what I could offer the company and honestly that was the easy part but I have a bachelor's in computer networking and this job only required a highschool diploma.

These second interview was the part that was beyond stupid. Asked opinionated questions and I remember the manager asked me what my favorite store was.. Maybe he wanted me to kiss up and say best buy but I didn't and instead said Newegg. That wasn't good enough and so he wanted a physical store. At that point I drew a blank and said Walmart lol. Pretty sure that essentially cost me the chance of getting that job but tbh idc. I needed something temporary and with having a degree I think the guy knew that as well.

If you really want to work for best buy and they ask you a loaded question like that, make sure you do not say WALMART, TARGET, or even AMAZON!

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite store   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Huntsville, AL) in June 2016.

Interview

If you have a lot on your resume and have a very friendly personality, you will be hired almost instantly. I got a call the day after I submitted my application. I met a supervisor the next day and was liked by him a lot. I met the manager the day after that and he hired me on the spot - didn't even ask any questions.. He said "I already have all that I need." If you're confident and have a good educational background + achievements in the computer world, it's like a hot knife through butter. It's not necessary to go all out clothes wise - other employees that got hired wore a polo, nice looking shorts/pants, belt, and whatever shoes looked best with the rest of the outfit.

It doesn't matter what 70 year old grandpa told you on some job forum about clothes - especially if he told you to wear a suit or tie/dress shirt/dress pants/dress shoes to the interview. You'll end up looking just as dumb as the guy who came to the interview in a suit in 95 degree Alabama weather and almost died from sweating bucketfuls. Just wear clean clothes; a little bit above average than casual.

The only employees that had very difficult interviews and hiring processes were ex-drug junkies or people who got in a lot of trouble with the law. If you're one of those people, you better have a very good plan to tell your employer regarding how you will fix yourself and contribute to the company.

Smile, don't chew on your fingers when being questioned or answering, stay away from "ummmm's", and clear your mind before the interview. You'll be fine. You've got this.

Anonymous Employee in Waynesville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Waynesville, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the customer service manager and then the general manager. They both asked me generally the same questions, and reviewed my qualifications, even though I am probably extremely over qualified to be doing this job. They were very nice and professional about it, and it was exactly what an interview should be like.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me a little bit about you.
      Q: What experience do you have in this position?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Best Buy (North Aurora, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

What you would do differently in the company and explain experience you have with other employers.Make sure you are good sales and knowledgeable in tech products.Make sure you dress up no jeans.

Interview Questions

• What would you do when approached by a customer?   1 Answer

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Got a call and right after an interview several days after applied. Went in and waited for a while in the employee lounge room. HR and Geek Squad Manager were in the room. Basically, only the HR asked questions listed in a sheet of paper, taking notes about my answers. It does not like a conversation more like taking a test.

Interview Questions

• If you have a difficult customer, what would you do? Something like that   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2015.

Interview

The manager only asked me one question and the interview ended less then a min. He asked me what's the difference between an Apple computer and others PC. i said "Apple is expensive crap" he smiled and told me when i was avaible to work. less then a min, i got the job

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between an apple computer and others pc   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I went in 10 minutes early to show to manager I was goo at coming in one time. The manager himself was 30 minutes late though. I actually had to reschedule twice because the manager had "personal matters" the first time and was told that the manager left early for the day the second time. I was asked basic question, mainly emphasizing whether or not I've stolen from an employer before, no formal questions about my technical knowledge, although the manager and I had a nice discussion about the client base.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever taken anything or considered taking anything from a previous employer?   Answer Question

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy in March 2015.

Interview

Did not get to interview with original person I was told I would meet. I had to wait 30 minutes for the GM to come in even though I was told the Geek Squad manager would be seeing me. Told me to wait a little bit more as he got a coffee down the street. After listening to me talk about my experience, he shut me down told me I was overqualified and that he would love me at the store in a different position. Told me to call in a few days and he would set me up. I called twice, once I was told to call back because he was busy. The second time I wasn't even on hold when he acted confused about ever interviewing me and then told the one who answered that he was too busy and would get back to me some other day. He never called, and I refused to hound this GM down.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of your customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Plymouth, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was short to the point, generic, and learned almost nothing about me, they didn't care, we both knew I already had the job because they were so desperate for cashiers and then gave me a different job