Best Buy Geek Squad, Consultation Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Geek Squad, Consultation Agent Interview Questions

Interviews at Best Buy

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Collegeville, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview went well. Standard behavioral approach to interview questions. However, I was not offered the position because I was "overqualified" (or was it because I'm too old???). This makes it difficult if you're trying to change careers and do something you really enjoy . . .

Shame on you, Best Buy, for stereotyping candidates. I know that I could do this job very well. You chose to take a close-minded approach to adding talent. You are better than this!

Interview Questions

• What equipment are you least experienced with?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Geek Squad Consultation Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Interview first consisted of phone contact, supervisor interview than GM interview.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview question, nothing off the wall. The most important part of the interview that will determine whether you get the job is your AVAILABILITY!   Answer Question

Negotiation

none.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Northridge, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online which was easy, then off to personality test. Basically all retail and behavior questions with no technical questions at all. A week later they called for a in-person interview. Showed up early but had to wait about 15 minutes because they were setting up the room and preparing for the interview. It was two girls doing the interview in a room where they monitor the surveillance camera. They had a paper of questions to ask and I guess they also rate the way you answer them because one of the girl would be writing and circling stuff. THey also didn't print out my resume that I uploaded off there website.

The questions they ask were:
    "Why did I choose Best Buy"
    "When did I work on a team and how did it go?"
    "If I ever work retail job before?"
    "When was the time I went the extra mile for a customer"
    "How would you deal with a rude customer?"
    "How are you with keeping up with new technologies?"

When it comes to the time for you to ask questions, ask questions relevant to the job to show that you care about it and want to know more. Since I'm computer/tech savvy and know my way around it, I asked simple questions like "What are the typical problems customer would come in for?", "I saw Geek Squad offers 3 anti-virus suite, which one is the most popular and how do you like the suite?", "What would this job mainly focus on in term of which gadget would I be working with mostly?", "How long does a usual employee stay with the company, if they get there degree do they get promoted or something?" I basically ask this question because I'm about to graduate college with a Computer Science degree and seeing if it will help my status when I get my degree. The question that I guess really surprise them was when I asked them about operating system, my question was "How are people liking Windows 8 compare to Window 7. Do people ask to downgrade or upgrade mostly" they answer it in a retail way, I guess because they didn't know much about it or they wanted to push one of the OS more than the other. I then asked if customers would ask about upgrading to Linux, if so would you recommend RedHat or Ubuntu, if so why did you pick that particular choice. There answer was "Yeah we do that too if the customer wants it". It seem like that question caught them off guard because the look on there face was like shock that I asked that question. After that I figured I shouldn't ask any more questions so I thank them, they thank me and said I should hear back from them in a week since they have to finish there other interview process. I would say I probably won't get the job because from the online searches I did, Geek Squad don't really hire people who are highly tech savvy or in the field of Comp Sci since we probably won't be able to sell there services that well or find an easy way to fix problem instead of making Geek Squad profit. The more you know about fixing things and computer related problem might hurt you, but it also depend if the person interviewing you care more about the service or sales.

Interview Questions

• "If a customer comes in with the idea of buying a electronic gadget but don't know what he wants and just tell you he's into music, how would you go about helping him". This one wasn't difficult but the way it was asked in the interview was worded weird.   1 Answer

Geek Squad Consultation Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy in October 2017.

Interview

Interview started off with what do you like to do for fun questions, then work experience, why best buy and scenerio questions. Asked to tell about a time you had to handle a difficult situation and the outcome. Also asked how do you learn about new products/technology.

Interview Questions

• How would you determine the best product for the customer?   Answer Question

Geek Squad, Consultation Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy in August 2018.

Interview

1 on 1 interview with the geek squad manager in an office. They will ask a series of questions write down your response and gauge your response with the answer they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to work with someone you did not agree with? And how did you overcome those disagreements?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Maplewood, MN) in August 2018.

Interview

The interviewer brought me to the meeting room and took out a questionnaire packet and asked me questions from the packer. The person was overall very friendly and understanding. It was a competitive position since there were 18 candidates which made the final decision a lot longer than the usual 2 weeks. It took around a month for me to get a notification on if I got the position or not.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation in which you've done an action that went against what you stood for, but did the action because it was the best for the team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Sherman, TX) in September 2018.

Interview

Company will not hire you if you're not a salesman. They don't care about your computer repair qualifications or your prior experience. Experienced computer repair people be beware. This is a SALES POSITION and if you're not an internal applicant you stand little chance of getting hired.

Geek Squad, Consultation Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I came in wearing business casual and spoke to the yellow shirt gentleman. He directed me to wait near the geek squad service. Waited for about half an hour and had my interview with a store manager.

Interview Questions

• If you hear a fellow employee talk about private data from a customer's computer, what would you do?   Answer Question

Geek Squad, Consultation Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy in May 2014.

Interview

Generic interview questions that make you think critically with different customer scenarios. Make sure to think outside the box and always be charismatic with your answers. Don’t lie, but make sure to make your answers sound nice and realistic.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you had and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Williston, VT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Williston, VT) in January 2018.

Interview

You first get a phone call from the store with a request to setup a meeting that is one on one with the supervisor of that department. From there you are asked several questions about past work experiences along with a few other questions. Once you are done, they will call you back after they decide whether or not you may be a good fit to talk with the General Manager. From there the General Manager decides along with the supervisor of that department if you are hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in the past where you went above and beyond to help out a client?   Answer Question