Best Buy Geek Squad, Deputy of Counter Intelligence (DCI) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Geek Squad, Deputy of Counter Intelligence (DCI) Interview Questions

2.0

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Tempe, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

First off, I want to preface this by saying ive worked for geek squad prior to this interview before leaving the company during a restructure and I do like the company so take this with a grain of salt.

Got a call a few days after applying from an HR rep with a pre-screening questionnaire.
Called later that week to come in for an interview with the General Manager and Market Geek Squad Manager.
Offered job a few days later, got a counter offer from current employer and Best Buy came back with a very strong re-offer to recruit me the next day.
Started 2 weeks later after a drug test and background check.

Professional interview process, obviously experienced interviewers, obviously standardized questions to ensure fairness during the interview.

Overall pretty easy and painless, but as a former employee and current leader I can say the company is in a position where they can really pick and choose what and who they want for positions.
This can lead to some poor expectation setting and somewhat impersonal interviews.
Bottom line: If you are a good fit, they can and will pursue you aggressively. If you arent, they can afford to not worry too much.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an employee struggling with their role. How did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you needed to get results from an employee or coworker who you did not have control over. Did you get their assistance? If so, how?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Alexandria, LA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called approx. 3 days later. The phone screen was quick and easy. The first interview was set for a couple of days later.

I arrived 10 minutes early and only waited around 5 minutes before being greeted by the Store Manager who was conducting the interview. He explained that the process usually takes between 10 and 20 minutes depending on the length of my answers.

Most of the questions he asked were based on previous experiences in customer service. Some questions were technology related but not specific in any way. He also wanted to know how I stay up-to-date with technology.

I actually enjoyed the interview. It was very conversational but still relatively formal. At the end, I was able to ask some questions of mine own. He answered them thoroughly.

Unfortunately for them, I did not get called in for a second interview because they “decided to head in a different direction.”

Interview Questions

• How would you define management and what does it mean to you?   Answer Question

Geek Squad, Deputy of Counter Intelligence (DCI) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I only had one interview with my GM, as he is my direct supervisor. It was totally straightforward, and I wasn't nervous at all. Everything went extremely smoothly and I was hired a few days later.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult or unexpected question. Everything was smooth.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I stupidly accepted the first offer I was given.

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (New Orleans, LA) in September 2014.

Interview

Very quick 3 questions the guy didn't know what to reall,y ask first time interview anyone so he didn't know what to ask anyone he wanted to go to his break basically sat head down into his phone

Interview Questions

• Why u want be here any experience tell me about yourself   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Casual. Schedule an appointment and go into the store. Sometimes the store is chaotic so your interview might be a few minutes early or late. Basic interview questions with twists added from the interviewer. 3 interviews needed in all to get the job. When you apply online to get started they have a personality test that you must take. It can take from 30 minutes to obey an hour depending on how comfortable you are with a computer.

Geek Squad, Deputy of Counter Intelligence (DCI) Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy in March 2013.

Interview

The process was simple, I was an internal so all I had to do was fill an application out and hand it to the GM. Then the interview was with the General Manager and the District head of Geek Squad. The interview took about 30 min, and was offered the job a few days after.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

In most cases to become DCI they would like at least 1 year experience at the Geek Squad. Hiring would start by getting on the Geek Squad. This can be a hard task due to head counts. Pay close attention to automated services and Virus removal. Best buy has a standard for which they like the process done. If you know shortcuts or avenues that you believe are better let them know but follow procedure. Once hired pay close attention to your DCI. Help lead the team as much as you can.

Interview Questions

• If you had to change one thing about the Geek Squad what would it be.   1 Answer

Negotiation

An offer was made and was deemed non negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Dundee, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (West Dundee, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

originally applying for the dci spot but informed after the interview was over that there was no opening for dci's in their district and that they were looking for seasonal only... i was rather disappointed. they said they would contact me for a 2nd interview with the DM, am still waiting..

Interview Questions

• what was the most difficult customer you dealt with and what was the result   1 Answer

Geek Squad, Deputy of Counter Intelligence (DCI) Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Best Buy in August 2010.

Interview

Standard employee onboarding and advancement through the ranks typically. Normally the DCI is selected from an internal candidate that has experience in technical support and retail sales

Anonymous Employee in Douglasville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Douglasville, GA) in September 2008.

Interview

You apply online like with any retail job, you would normally have an phone interview, than three in person interviews. Hopefully at the third interview you will get your job offer.