Best Buy Geek Squad, Operations Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Geek Squad, Operations Agent Interview Questions

2.0

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a little awkward, I stood around for 30 minutes while the interviewer gossiped with another geek squad agent. He then finally came back to me (apologizing because it was such a 'busy' day... I could hear there conversation it wasn't work related). Took me to the office to get the files for the interview. I stood there for another 10 minutes while the interviewer gossiped with another employee in the back room... before finally getting to the interview.

Interview Questions

• "What have you done in the past that demonstrates going above and beyond."   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Geek Squad Operations Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Phone then 1 to 2 in person interviews. The questions are very basic to what you expect anywhere. Everyone starts out wanting to know about who you are. Then why you be good at this job. Followed by some open ended questions like if you saw someone steal what would you do?

Interview Questions

• An example of a time you worked as a team to get a task done?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Detroit, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got an email from my store's hiring manager the next day, asking me to come in and interview during a job fair they were having back in October. I came in business casual. I was interviewed by our Back Office Lead, she asked basic behavioral questions and if I had any relevant experience because Best Buy would be my first job. She interviewed me using an interview packet where she asked 1 question off of each page and took notes while I talked. She had me wait for about 10 minutes before the DCI (Geek Squad sup) came and asked me about what I was going to school for and what technology I use and am familiar with in my daily life. Five minutes later had my third interview with the store manager who told me her "Why Best Buy?" story and offered me the job, conditional upon my background check and drug test being clean. I started working two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you learned that a co-worker was stealing from the company? (time clock, product, misuse of employee discount)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matthews, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Matthews, NC).

Interview

Lazy supervisor reads from a script. No interactions. Supervisor ask you a question and you respond. Supervisor writes down your answer and repeat. The most unprofessional interview I have ever done.

Interview Questions

• A lot of "what would you do" questions. No questions were relevant to the actual job. Questions were a joke.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evesham, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Evesham, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was a standard background interview plus behavioral questions. There was very little emphasis on personal connection and more emphasis on phone experience and answering behavioral questions. The application was online and an offer to interview was extended by e-mail shortly afterwards. The interview was less professional than those at other chain stores, barely covered potential job duties. The atmosphere was unwelcoming.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain to someone who is unfamiliar with computers what a virus is?   Answer Question

Geek Squad Operations Agent Interview

Interview

Take a test with the application. If you pass the test, and fit qualifications, your application will get pulled for an interview. Three round process ending with GM for the 3rd interview. You will get a call back if the GM decides to hire you from the hiring coordinator.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you weren't able to perform your job duties?   Answer Question

Geek Squad, Operations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, DE

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Dover, DE) in January 2014.

Interview

Expect a 3-part interview for any Best Buy position. Phone screening (which happened very soon after the initial application done online), in person with a store manager, and then an in person with the general manager. All the usual basic questions given in any retail interviews (What would you do if...?). Originally applied for loss prevention, ended up being offered a geek squad position to better match my experience.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you seen someone snatch an item in plain view and walk out of the store?   Answer Question

Personal availability changed between initial application and job offer which required full availability so I had to decline

Geek Squad Operations Agent Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I was initially contacted by phone. There were a few questions, the only

unusual one was "On a scale of 1 to 5, how would you rate your desire to work

for Best Buy?". Do they expect you to say anything except 4 or 5? Thankfully it

was a top 2 prospect for me, so I could answer honestly, but many people will

be applying as a back up job and just lie; it's a useless question.
    I was asked to come in for an interview in 2 days, before the store opened.
    Inside there was a waiting area with other candidates, like an audition. I am

able to talk to people even in these situations though.
    The interview was done by a panel of three and took 15-20 minutes. It was

fairly informal with some joking beforehand, and the people were personable and

seemed like they would be fun to work with. No stupid cliche questions that

would only get canned answers in return like "What's your greatest weakness?"

or anything of that business school drop-out ilk. I was told they would be

conducting all the interviews that day, and would inform me in 1-3 days. I

noticed the pile of files on the desk was "only" 15 or so high, so it was nice

to have a better chance than the places that interview a hundred people. I

think it was actually one of the best interview processes I've seen.

Interview Questions

• They asked to hear about a time when I worked with a group that had a hostile

or uncooperative member, and how I handled them.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Sarasota, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

Online application followed by personality test. Received a phone call interview 1 week later. Second interview was with the Section Manager 3 days after phone interview (not section lead) followed by a 3rd interview with the GM of the store 3 days after that. The whole process was very open. BestBuy is VERY team based. Make sure your answers all revolve around a team atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult person or situation and what the resultant outcome was   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did my research and knew the position paid a maximum of $14.00 per hour. I asked for the full amount and was offered $11.50