Best Buy Sales Transaction Assistant Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Oct 30, 2013

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Best Buy

2.3
HardAverageEasy
Found 3 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Pearland, TX) in Oct 2013

Interview

Applied online and got a call back in 2wks. Sales manager told me he was going to 2 interviews and it would take 30mins as long if the first interview panned out. He ended up doing a GM 3rd interview right then and there and I wound up being there for an hour and was offered a job on the spot. I was offered 9.00/hr which was more than originally told me because of my experience and for doing a good interview. I was also told about the opportunities there were for growth within the company.

Interview Questions
  • Explain the perfect manager in your opinion.
    4 Answers
  • What are your expectations for this job?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Menomonee Falls, WI) in Sep 2013

Interview

applied online then week later got a call and had a phone interview that went good then set up 2nd interview with store manager arrived early had to wait half an hour then meet store manager asked basic questions work ethic do you pefer to work alone or in a group name a time you did something out of your way then that one went well was told if not contacted in a week i would get a letter in two weeks explaining why i didnt get the position. i have no idea WHY I DIDNT GET THE JOB I REALLY DONT KNOW

Interview Questions
  • name a time when you had to do a project and you had to pay attention to detail very closely
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Best Buy (United States) in Sep 2013

Interview

The hiring process is based very much on the assessment you take when you fill out your application. If you get an auto-generated email within 24 hours denying your application it is because somehow you failed their assessment, and you will not be eligible to re-take it for one year. I had 2 interviews, 1 with the the department manager (I was going for a sales position) and 1 with the assistant general manager. Both interviews were very comfortable. I walked in to follow up on an application, which is how I got the first interview. They asked many general questions: -"tell me about yourself" -why do you want to work for Best Buy -give an example of your strengths/weaknesses If you are offered the job, you will be required to accept it digitally. Then you consent to a background check and drug test before orientation. Employees are required to purchase the "blue shirt" (which varies from department, now) and wear black, professional pants - no denim. I've found the best way to conclude an interview is to ASK FOR THE JOB! If they can't offer it to you right away, follow up with when you can expect to hear about the next portion of the interview process.

Interview Questions
  • The company follow a set interview form for the first section of the interview on both interviews. One of the oddest questions I received was asking what I would do if I found an employee stealing. It sounded like a trick question, but I think they just want to see if you will be honest and follow the rules.