Best Buy Appliances Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Appliances Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thornton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Thornton, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

The entire process took 9 days. Sun-1st interview Mon-2nd interview Tues-Drug Test Weds-Sun (waited) First day start work -Monday. The interview was a little tough but manageable. I did my research online to help prepare for interview.

Interview Questions

• So, why do you want to work for Best Buy? Why this company of all other companies? And what makes you feel you will be a great asset to this company?   1 Answer
    • Name a time in your previous employment history where working as a team was beneficial and name a time where it was challenging. How was working as a team beneficial, and how was it challenging? What solutions did you execute that made this challenging time successful.   1 Answer

Appliance Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Louisville, KY) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a typical interview process. Applied online, they called to set up an interview a few days later, I had an in store interview with the store manager, they called me the next day with a job offer, and I started a week later.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Applied, met with Appliance Sales Manager, waited and waited after being told I had the job. Called back several times to speak with person and was ignored. So I took the hint

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Athens, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application and it took a day for them to respond. Afterwords I had an interview with the head of the department. He seemed new at the process of giving an interview. But he was friendly, sadly I didn't get an offer.

Anonymous Employee in North Riverside, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (North Riverside, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I was asked a few sales questions and talked about my availability. I was then asked about my sales experience. Finally I was asked if I get excited about closing a big sale.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you caught someone stealing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't any. You either accepted the offer or not.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Easy and simple questions. The atmosphere was easy going and made me feel relaxed and confident. The hiring manager was nice and friendly and very welcoming. I walked out knowing I was going to nail the job!

Interview Questions

• how would you sell an appliance to someone who is "just looking"?   Answer Question

Best Buy Appliance Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Roseville, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

Had three interviews that were all great, third interview is just the "you have the job" interview as long as you pass the drug test and criminal background check. Got a call two days later when to come in for orientation; it went well for 4 paid hours of talking. Get paid for trying and traveling and amazing rewards and bonus.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Union City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Best Buy (Union City, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online then called for a phone screen. After the phone screen scheduled for interview with department manager. Checked in with Loss Prevention in the front and offered a seat and water. The managers are usually running behind schedule. Asked basic interview questions during the first round. Called back to schedule another interview with General Manager. General Manager then makes offer that day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you ask for a higher pay rate they will usually meet you in the middle if it isn't too ridiculous and you are qualified. Just be ready to explain why you deserve that amount.

Anonymous Employee in Mankato, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Mankato, MN) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very in-depth. I went through 2 separate interviews. The second interview I thought was the most beneficial as they actually tested my ability to sell by doing a very basic role play expierence.

Appliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview process was short. I applied online and received a phone call the next day. After the phone screen the in person interview was set up for the next day. I went in and it was a short 30-minute interview with the hiring manager. I was offered a position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Role play selling a microwave.   1 Answer