Best Buy Full Time Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 21, 2017
1,920 Interview Reviews

2.3

1,920 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Interview

There is always two interviews you will go in for your first one and if you do well they will push you to the GM interview they will ask questions about your personal experiences at other jobs or in your life that you have overcame and questions about how you handled a difficult situation with someone or a task and was able to help the customer or overcome the task to complete it don't expect to be in the interview long and always have a good answer nothing short or pause for a long time thinking of an answer. If hired there will be about 2 weeks of learning about technology and everything new you will not be thrown on the sales floor by yourself until they know you are comfortable with selling products. Good luck!!

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you were faced with many tasks to do and not enough time? How did you get the job done?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you were helping a customer and another customer interrupted you?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Interview was fairly standard for retail, asking how comfortable you are with sales and customers, and your knowledge about Best Buy and electronics. Was interviewed first by a manager, and then directly after by their general manager. Was offered a position same day.

Interview Questions

• What areas in our store do you know about? Tell me about each   Answer Question

Occasional/Seasonal Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Miami, FL).

Interview

it was pretty easy I received a phone interview literally the next day within applying they called me a couple of hours later that same day & asked if I could come in the next day to have a face to face interview

Interview Questions

• What traits are important on a team?   1 Answer
    • What would make you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time a customer was unhappy. What did you do to resolve the problem?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Best Buy?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

A phone screen, followed by two interviews, one with your direct manager, and then the general manager. standard behavioral questions and ethics questions read off the page. Pretty enjoyable interview overall.

Interview Questions

• What are some unique challenges you might face at Best Buy with this position?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very easy process. Asked about previous work experience and how I responded in certain situations. Basic personality/morality questions eg. what would you do if a coworker stole an "insignificant" item.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you made a sacrifice for the team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Quick, but I could tell the Hiring Manager wasn't interested in me as soon as I took a seat.
    He only asked a few questions. There were 2 people who interviewed before me, so his decision was laready made.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

great interview process but managers are usually busy and reschedule. if done again i would call and call again to try and get this position. YOU SHOULD CALL IT GREATLY INCREASES YOUR CHANCES OF AN INTERVIEW.

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you needed to work with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied and got a call, a very nice woman asked me about my interest, work experience, availability, and then she told me that she was going to review my information a let me know

Seasonal Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merced, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Merced, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and the next day they called me up randomly for a phone interview. I was in the middle of something and couldn't take it and ended up having to call them back.

Interview Questions

• What's your availability?   Answer Question
    • How would you help a customer if they walked into your department and knew nothing about the technology?   Answer Question
    • Think about a team you worked in. What was your favorite and least favorite part about working with them?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Pearland, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

the interview was quick he asked a couple of what if and why do I want to work for best buy questions and I received a call 3 hours later saying that I got the job.