Best Buy Full Time Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,770 Interview Reviews

2.3

1,770 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

PC Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Very relaxed, easiest interview ever. Went to a back room, Op manager was napping on the couch. Got 2 interviews in 1 hour and offered a job. We shook hands and i was working within a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Houston, TX).

Interview

I got to Best Buy an hour early after i was done with an after school tutorial session on a Saturday. I had no ride so i took the bus to best buy and just played with the games and demos until my interview. The assistant manager of the store seemed surprised at the fact of how early i was. He took me to the back of the store into his office and the first thing he told me was that he was going to ask questions that pertained to what i put on my resume.Boy did i mess that up. My interview asked a lot about my application such as if i put i have lots of experience with electronics on skills, I ACTUALLY HAVE TO HAVE THOSE SKILLS. He questioned me about how i would react with a stubborn customer and how i worked with people in teams. I stuttered a lot, which made me think that as my complete failure of my interview, but hey, it was my first.

Interview Questions

• What would you do when dealing with a stubborn customer   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Was brought in for a group interview and had to interview in front of two managers. They ask us different scenario questions based on previous work experience. Later they ask us to try to sell something to them. After we went to go talk to the GM.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you helped a customer, but they weren't satisfied.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Had to wait for 20mins at the Best Buy store before being interviewed. The Sales Manager asked basic interview questions. If interviewing for a sales position I highly recommend mentioning the importance of identifying costumer's needs and your passion for sales.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me a time when you were on a team and you failed a task. How did you handle the situation".   1 Answer

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

I got an email from the hiring team a month after i applied for the position to come for an interview at Best buy store in St Charles. I was interviewed by the Store manager, an educated and pleasant person. The interviewing session was professional and smooth, it lasted for almost an hour. I got an offer from the company just three hours after my interview was completed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to handle a conflict between you and one of your coworkers   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Amarillo, TX).

Interview

Apply online for the position, 1-2 interviews depending on the position, and if you currently work there. Afterwards, it takes about 1-2 weeks for the management to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing that you did to go above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

3 interviews, each with a higher manager. After the third interview you will either get a job offer or they will tell you they will call you for further questions.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dothan, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Dothan, AL).

Interview

Applying for the job was simple enough. All that it required was going online on one of their in-store computers, filling out an application, and inserting the name of the employee who referenced you to the job (if there was one). The employee who referenced me also recommended that I apply at home as well for good measure. Within a short amount of time (perhaps a week or two), I was called in for an interview.

Come interview day, I found myself waiting with about two other people who, it turned out, would be interviewing with me as part of a group interview. Once we were called back, we were sat at a table in front of two managers who welcomed us, gave us some general information about the company, and asked us questions related to our past experiences in retail (if we had any) and how we may have dealt with difficult situations in those environments. After this, we were sent out so that the managers could evaluate their notes and consider who to hire.

After a few minutes, I was called back into the room. They offered me a job, which I accepted; however, I don't believe I was their first choice. It turns out that, according to the managers, one of the interviewees left after the interview and didn't come back, so an offer couldn't be extended to him, and the other interviewee declined the offer. So, they were left with me. After accepting the offer, they asked me my opinion on the best system to boost employee moral (e.g. bonus, employee of the month, etc.). They thanked me for my answer and I started to leave, but not before having my mismatched belt (black) and shoes (brown) critiqued by one of the managers. I understand now the importance of fashion rules, but the way she remarked about what I was wearing (which was otherwise harmless--light blue button down shirt with a knotted tie and khaki trousers) came across a bit sharply. This was perhaps my only negative takeaway from the interview (obviously not important enough to not take the job).

In a matter of days, I was called in for training, and the rest is history. Not at all a bad interview process. Just go in with your thoughts collected and any knowledge about the company which you can gather and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a difficult situation which you were able to overcome with a positive resolution.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

The interview process was fine. What's not fine is attempting to search for new jobs and/or careers, finding specific ones only on your site and being forced to fill out this. I do not want to review my part time job, nor do I want to anonymously talk about it on the Internet.

Interview Questions

• I still do not want to submit reviews on my current employer.   1 Answer

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

There is a three step process. The first interview is pretty much a phone interview. They ask about you and want to see if you have any questions about the company and/or about them. Ask questions.w

Interview Questions

• Tell my about a time where you dealt with an irate customer. What did you do and what was the result?   Answer Question