Best Buy Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017
1,826 Interview Reviews

2.3

1,826 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Great all around. Very open and resourceful. I love the fact that they are willing to help me get further in my career and with school. Cant wait for a call back.

Mobile Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Brief over the phone , then face to face. Then I believe you get a quick interview with the general manager of the store. Then they make the final decision

Lifestyles Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I applied a few days ago and got a phone call today with a screening where they asked me a few questions. I see a lot of people here set up the in person interview over the first phone call, but my interviewer said that she would call me back to setup an interview if they are interested in me. Does this mean that I did not get the Job? I know a lot about technology and current consumer electronics and I tried to pitch this over the phone.

Sales Associate Computing and DI Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Applied online, received a call within a week to set up an interview. I received a decision over a week after the interview took place. If I had moved on an interview with the store manager would have taken place.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mechanically read from a list, nearly all of which were "Talk about a time when..."   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Woodbridge, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back saying I would go straight to the second round of interviews and would know wether or not I would get the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you dealt with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Lifestyles Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy in June 2017.

Interview

Had an interview over the phone and then got processed for the one on one interview. The job interview was with the sales manager and the general manager. The general manager seemed nice at first and asked questions. The sales manager wrote down what he could and then started asking me questions.
    The general manager then began to lay back in his chair and stretch and then proceeded to look at his phone and talk on his radio. The sales manager seemed to like and looked at the general manager to see what he thought and the general manager shrugged.

Interview Questions

• What bugs you?   Answer Question
    • A customer comes in and doesn't know what kind of product they are looking for and doesn't know a lot about electronics. What do you do?   Answer Question

Computers and DI Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Milford, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

It took about 1 week before they called me. I completed the phone screen, then a week later they asked me if I could come in for an interview. I was interviewed by the front end supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you failed to help someone and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you were in a challenging or difficult situation, and what did you do to help get through said situation?   Answer Question

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Citrus Heights, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Citrus Heights, CA).

Interview

1st - over the phone. Show excitement. Pretty easy
    2nd - In-person with #2 manager in store.
    3rd - In-person with GM of store. Offered job at the time.

The 2nd and 3rd interviews are very similar. Just a way for the top 2 managers to get to know you.

Mobile Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

3 step process. 1- phone screening with the back office leader. 2- Interview with assistant manager. 3- Interview with GM. If offered the job drug test required within 3 days of offer.

Interview Questions

• How did you manage a difficult interaction with a customer? What made it difficult?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

first interview with mobile department manager then the general manager. first interview the manager asked more about previous experience. the gm asked more about ethics. very simple process. after interview had to do drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• how would u demo a product to customer if you don't have one in hand?   2 Answers