Best Buy Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,178 Interview Reviews

2.3

1,178 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Quick, but I could tell the Hiring Manager wasn't interested in me as soon as I took a seat.
    He only asked a few questions. There were 2 people who interviewed before me, so his decision was laready made.

Interview Questions

Interview

There is always two interviews you will go in for your first one and if you do well they will push you to the GM interview they will ask questions about your personal experiences at other jobs or in your life that you have overcame and questions about how you handled a difficult situation with someone or a task and was able to help the customer or overcome the task to complete it don't expect to be in the interview long and always have a good answer nothing short or pause for a long time thinking of an answer. If hired there will be about 2 weeks of learning about technology and everything new you will not be thrown on the sales floor by yourself until they know you are comfortable with selling products. Good luck!!

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you were faced with many tasks to do and not enough time? How did you get the job done?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you were helping a customer and another customer interrupted you?   Answer Question

Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Fort Wayne, IN).

Interview

Fairly easy, go through several managers as quickly as they have time to see you. It was different for me because the highest person I had to interview with was the same as when I worked for the company several years ago.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of one situation where you had to over come an obstacle.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houma, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Houma, LA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied many times to Best Buy. I was not hired any of those times. Many applicantions were reviewed quickly. And i found out that i would not be getting the job moments after.

Interview Questions

• Would you go out your way to get someone to buy a product even after they say no?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy in August 2017.

Interview

The process was rather simple.

I applied online, and I waited for about a day or so. I got a call for the phone interview about a day after my application, and after that, they wanted (myself), to come in for the on-site interview with the department manager that very day. I went in, and had about a 10 minute interview with the department manager, and was told that I would get a call back for the interview with the GM. (Note, if you impress the department manager, they basically are hiring you, understand that), They had previously set up the interview for the following day, but had to wait 4 days due to the GM not being there.

Once I interviewed with the GM (about 15-20 minutes), I was told that I didn't have to worry about not having a job, and that they would send me information regarding which position I had received. I won't confirm the position I currently have at the moment.

They'll send you two emails, one with job offer, and another with the background check. Read those!

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waynesville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Waynesville, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

Easy and fairly short, took maybe 10 minutes once I sat down with the assistant manager. Typical questions, nothing unusual. They started with a phone interview and then had me come in for an in person interview. There was going to be more than one, but I did not make it past the first in person interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle working with a coworker that you don't get along with?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Applied online and had to complete one of those 30 to 45 minute personality assessments. After that, if you are selected, you get interviewed by a manager. I was interviewed by the assistant store manager. The person asked basic STAR questions. If you do well, they will have you come in one final time to interview with the GM. He will also ask STAR questions and then they might get back to you, or offer you the job right there. I was offered the job right after the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Miami, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online, I got a call from Best Buy about 3 days after. I got the call around 9:30 am. They asked me if I was still interested for the position and I set up an interview the following day at 1pm. I came in business attire, clean cut, shaved, dress pants, a nice dress shirt and a tie. The overall interview was pretty easy, the most important thing is be confident, affirmative, to sell yourself, don't be shy you have nothing to lose. Simple questions nothing crazy, it was a pretty short interview about 10 minutes. The interviewer then told me I would either get a call back the later that same day if they decided to proceed with my application or I would get an email saying they decided to go with another candidate. I was called back about 5 hours later, longest 5 hours of my life, I really wanted the job, they called to set up another interview with the general manager. The second interview was a bit longer than the first about 20-25 minutes. The second interview was also very easy, basic questions. For example: "If you were to get the job, what would be the most difficult thing working there?" when I was asked this question it took me a few seconds to think, and I told GM "To be honest I really don't see anything that would be too difficult, I'm sure there are things that are frustrating at times and tedious but nothing I couldn't handle" After the interviewer I was told on the spot I got the job and they would send me 2 emails one for the job offer and the other for a background check. As I was walking out I saw the sales manager who interviewed me the 1st time, I approached him and greeted him, he also asked me how the interview went with the GM. I told him it went great and I got the job, and he told me "I know you got the job" I was surprised by his answer, so later on that day I asked my close friend that had been working at the same best buy for about 6 months, and he told me that the sales manager is the one who practically selects the candidates for the job, and the GM just makes sure the candidate isnt a bum and what not. So i believe the 1st interview is most important in securing your job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you set a goal and came short of it? What did you learn from it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Columbia, MO).

Interview

I was stood up for my interview in Columbia, MO by the management. I had already passed the phone interview and was in the store to have the face to face interview. Unfortunately, after asking two separate employees where to go, they both disappeared in the back and never returned.

Interview Questions

• I never got asked a question because my interviewer never showed up!   Answer Question

Home Theater Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Humble, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online, they called me next day. The interview was a very chill person. He asked me about loyalty and why Best Buy. He asked which position would you like in all the store.