Best Buy Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

1,086 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dothan, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Dothan, AL).

Interview

Applying for the job was simple enough. All that it required was going online on one of their in-store computers, filling out an application, and inserting the name of the employee who referenced you to the job (if there was one). The employee who referenced me also recommended that I apply at home as well for good measure. Within a short amount of time (perhaps a week or two), I was called in for an interview.

Come interview day, I found myself waiting with about two other people who, it turned out, would be interviewing with me as part of a group interview. Once we were called back, we were sat at a table in front of two managers who welcomed us, gave us some general information about the company, and asked us questions related to our past experiences in retail (if we had any) and how we may have dealt with difficult situations in those environments. After this, we were sent out so that the managers could evaluate their notes and consider who to hire.

After a few minutes, I was called back into the room. They offered me a job, which I accepted; however, I don't believe I was their first choice. It turns out that, according to the managers, one of the interviewees left after the interview and didn't come back, so an offer couldn't be extended to him, and the other interviewee declined the offer. So, they were left with me. After accepting the offer, they asked me my opinion on the best system to boost employee moral (e.g. bonus, employee of the month, etc.). They thanked me for my answer and I started to leave, but not before having my mismatched belt (black) and shoes (brown) critiqued by one of the managers. I understand now the importance of fashion rules, but the way she remarked about what I was wearing (which was otherwise harmless--light blue button down shirt with a knotted tie and khaki trousers) came across a bit sharply. This was perhaps my only negative takeaway from the interview (obviously not important enough to not take the job).

In a matter of days, I was called in for training, and the rest is history. Not at all a bad interview process. Just go in with your thoughts collected and any knowledge about the company which you can gather and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a difficult situation which you were able to overcome with a positive resolution.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Simple straight forward interview. Requires two interviews, one with a manager then the next with the GM. Typically lasting around 20 minutes for the interviews. Having prior retail experience will show when answering most questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online then got a call about 3 weeks later. Talked on the phone then got an interview scheduled for the week after. Went to to the interview, dressed very business like, very fast and very straightforward.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY).

Interview

After I applied, I got a phone call to ask me if I was interested in the position, the person that call me was a girl and her position was something related to new hires and training, then I went in for an interview with the sales manager, he asked me a few normal questions about scenarios and why I was choosing bestbuy and then one last interview with the store manager, where I was asked scenario questions again.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Not difficult, the personality test before the actual interview is a big factor. A lot of people don't get a call because of failing the personality test.

You'll have a one on one with the GM and you should more than likely get the job as long as you're outgoing and are passionate.

Interview Questions

• What's your definition of customer service?   1 Answer

Sales Associate ( Cpu Department) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Hiring process consists of 3 interviews first is a phone interview, then an interview with the department manager and finally an interview with store manager. They run a background check and also require a urine analysis for drug testing . Good experience overall just a little drawn out (one month hiring process).

Interview Questions

• How would you explain RAM memory vs. Hard drive memory to an elder person   Answer Question

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

It was easy, there were two interviews, one with the department manager and one with the GM. I received my official offer about a week or two later. After that I had to go take a drug test (pee test)

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and completed the personality test. Got a call from Best Buy the next morning for an interview. It was a "what does can you come in for an interview" type so it gave me freedom to choose.

Arrive 10 minutes early, and was told to sit by the TVs while they call my interviewer. Taken to the back and was asked about 6-8 questions. Two interviews, one with a supervisor and one with the GM. Both happen to be on the same day. It was really relaxed with no unnecessary pressure while being interviewed. Both the GM and supervisor were really cool.

If you're a tech person or know a lot of stuff on a specific department, it'll be really easy and relaxed in the interview since it shows them that you have value to them as a hire.

Also after the GM finished the interview and ask if I had any questions for them, I asked when I would hear back about the interview process and they said today. They hired me on the spot, but still sent an email with all the paperwork to sign electronically and three locations you can do your drug test.

Interview Questions

• First interview: Mostly
      "Describe a time when ...." or "How did you approach...." type interview questions.

Second interview with GM:
      What do you do when you catch a sales associate stealing? (They asked me if I knew anyone working there and said friend instead of sales associate)
      Like and dislike about previous job.
      Responsibilities of previous job.

*Optional question you can answer*
      How much did you get paid on the your previous job?
      Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in October 2016.

Interview

Took about a week after applying to get a call. Came in for an interview. Interviewed twice that same day. Drug test and background check within 48 hours after. The application process was easy

Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Oxnard, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I got an email inviting me to a Best Buy "job fair". It was really a sort of mass interview, with applicants going two at a time. I was called back to an interview with the Store Manager the same day, and I was given an offer on the spot. Though the hiring process only took one day, it took another few days to wait for the drug screen and background check.