Best Buy Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 19, 2017

2.2

549 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Mobile, AL).

Interview

Applied online and messed up and put the wrong phone number in my application. The HR guy emailed my friend and said that he tried to reach me twice Friday morning but I didn't answer because he called another number. Moral of the story: TRIPLE CHECK and make sure that everything on your application is correct

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you catch a fellow employee stealing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Auburn Hills, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

After I was rejected for this interview, they called me back almost a month later. I felt as if this was a waste of time. The HR representative who contacted me did not tell me there was three interviews to get hired at Best Buy. I came 10 minutes early and the interview started late. Since I have a job as an auditor, and have worked in retail for many years in the past, I knew for sure I had this in the bag. But no, I'm not sure what they are looking for in a candidate that has experience with said job title. Probably will not attempt to apply here again.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Easy Interview, managers are real friendly, and its a great part time/full time job to do while in college. They also offer tuition assistance for full timers (up to a certain amount).

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Lawrenceville, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

First you get a call from hr person of the store you applied at for a phone interview. They ask about availability and prior work experience. If that goes well they will schedule a 1 on 1 with the department manager. They ask plenty of situational questions. This lasted for about 30-40 minutes. They try to see if your prior experience closely relates to the job duties. Next will be an interview with the GM which was laid back in my case. He essentially is trying to get to know you as a person and see if you would be a good fit in his store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Usual 3 interviews.
    Phone- Just getting who you are and what you're about.
    Manager-A lot of questions that are pretty common should be able to answer all of them without a problem.
    GM- Just solidifying the last interview and a few more details.
    Overall the manager one was pretty weird just gotta feel out what's important to these people.

Interview Questions

• Q: How should we deal with employee theft?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Bronx, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview was pleasant enough even I didn't get a job. I believe even though Best Buy is an equal opportunity employer, I have never seen anyone above a specific age category. They hire young people for this type of positions that I have applied for.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about difficult customer handling and questions about employee honesty.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Bloomington, IN) in June 2017.

Interview

About 10 days after submitting my online application, I received a phone call from the HR person. She asked a few questions about availability, and then said they'd like to schedule an interview, which I was able to schedule for the very next day.

When I arrived at the store, I went to the customer service desk and told them I was there for an interview, after which they went back to let the manager know. The person running the interview was the front end manager, and she walked be into the back to her office. Overall, she asked a lot of questions - some of which were kind of difficult. If you have previous retail experience, that is almost required because most of the questions were geared toward customer service. She seemed pretty impressed by most of my answers though, and after interview told me she would definitely pass me on for the second interview with the store manager. This first interview was on a Wednesday.

On Friday of the same week, I got a call from the HR person saying they would like to schedule me for a second interview with the store manager. I was able to schedule it for later that same day. For the second interview, the store manager asked only a few general questions about why I want to work there, and what I think I bring to the table. Then, he offered me the job on the spot. The entire process from application to job offer took about two weeks.

To sum up, always dress nice for an interview. Since I'm a guy, I wore khakis with a button-down shirt and tie. Don't err on the side of casual-ness. Previous retail experience is definitely a plus for answering most of the questions in the first interview. If they call you for a second interview, you can usually be pretty sure you'll get the job, as long as the store manager finds everything to be what the first manager told him or her about you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Best Buy?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you dealt with an angry customer, and the steps you took to deal with the situation?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you dealt with a difficult coworker, and the steps you took to deal with the situation?   Answer Question
    • What is the main thing you would have changed about your previous work environment?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you would be a good employee for Best Buy?   Answer Question
    • What was the hardest task you had to do at a previous job?   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Was called in to interview all the way at bronx, when the job I was applying for was located in brooklyn. Interview lasted 5 min and the hr representative had clearly already made her judgement on me before the interview began. She couldn't care less about my responses and said I would hear back in 2 weeks if anything, which was clear it wouldn't happen.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Angelo, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (San Angelo, TX).

Interview

Went in prepared and dressed as if I was interviewing for a management position. The interviewer seemed impressed and I knew before saying goodbye that I had the job. He asked a few personality questions, which seems prescribed by Best Buy Human Resources, but overall, the interview was simple and painless.

Interview Questions

• What do you think we (Best Buy) should do to employees who are caught stealing product from the store?   1 Answer

Computer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Federal Way, WA).

Interview

AftThere were 3 interviews - on the phone, with store manager, and general manager. The phone interview just a screening with one of their office leads. This was just to get a feel for what kind of person you are and know about your past experience. I got an interview scheduled for the next day and it was pretty simple. Discussed work history again and did some behavioral type questions. They informed whether or not they were going to push you to the third interview, and I was pushed along. When I told the GM that I wanted to work in the computer department he was hesitant because he had standards on who he wanted in that department - he wanted people who knew their stuff. I, however, convinced him I would be good for the role and he decided to hire me. He sent me information for where to take the drug test and I would come back in for further paperwork pending the results. A week or so past and I hadn't heard anything from them. I called them and I was told they totally forgot about me. They told me to come in to sign paperwork to complete the process. Definitely be persistent if you're wanting a job here. I had to also call in multiple times to see if they got my application.

Interview Questions

• If you saw a coworker steal something in the store, what would you do?   1 Answer