Best Buy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,710 Interview Reviews

2.4

Microsoft Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Miami, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

You'll be asked a series of questions to make sure you're right for the part. and then you'll be given a chance to say why you're right for the part.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (New Delhi (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

Written exam was conducted after initial round of sorting out cvs. Very tough questions asked. Imerviewer almost bombarded me with questions. The hr round was even more tough. Questions were all sorts. Analytical, logical etc.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a Store Manager Position in North Georgia. I received a call from the recruiter at 5am in the morning! (I am located in another state as my resume and Best Buy Online Profile states) I still proceeded to tell the recruiter about my background and she stated she would call me the following Monday to discuss if I would have a phone interview or if a local District Manager would interview me. I followed up with her via telephone the following Tuesday when I did not hear from her. The next day to my surprise I received a Decline Letter. I emailed the Chief HR Executive for the entire company detailing my experience as a candidate. (At this point I had no intention of continuing the interview process with Best Buy, I just wanted to share my experience. ) The Chief HR executive never responded to my email but apparently forwarded the email to the initial recruiter. That recruiter called me trying to explain what happened.... then asked... "Are you still interested in the position?" I answered "No." In short.... this company is lacking in professionalism. If they treat potential candidates like this.... imagine what it would be like to work for them. Do not apply for a job at Best Buy!

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was just awful. There are so many steps and it's such a long process that in the end it's not even worth it. The first part of the interview is the online assessment. Once you pass it, they give you a small phone interview. Once you pass the phone interview, they schedule you for a third interview which is in person. I had other interviews that day and other commitments that it was so frustrating to wait. I had to wait 6 hours to get interviewed (not kidding!). The room I had to wait in was hot like hell and it was the summer, I was sweating balls. Some people came earlier than me and had to wait 7+ hours. When I finally got to the interview I was so tired and nervous and I didn't feel like myself because they insisted on everyone wearing professional attire and I hate such attire and it was the first time I've worn heels in a long time. My feet were killing me. My suit buttons nearly fell apart because of my big bust.

Anyway, so they finally bring me to an empty room where there was one guy working on a computer and another guy who interviewed me one on one. He kept asking me all kinds of questions for at least half an hour. all I wanted to do was leave. I was so tired and hungry because I didn't eat all day. He probably could hear my stomach growl a couple of times. Some of the questions he asked are listed below. I even spaced out on some parts of certain questions because of how boring they are and somehow I winged it and managed to answer all the questions. I remember being dizzy and not being able to think straight, I nearly tripped on my way out of the room.

I thought I did an awful job but for some reason the guy liked me and said I passed the interview (he probably just felt bad for me and that's why he passed me) and he said that tomorrow is the final interview where I'll meet the General manager. I talked to a few employees there and they congratulated me and said that people who get this far are the people who make it unless you do something awful. Basically the General manager interview is the last interview where the big boss asks some questions and makes sure he likes you 99% of the time you just get offered the job right there and then. And get invited to a drug screening and orientation and once you're done with that. Ta-da!! you're finally employed.

So right after I left Best buy that night, luckily I got a phone call for another job offer and I accepted. The only reason I chose my current job and not the Best Buy was because if I went to the final interview for best buy the next day, I was told I would have had to wait the 6+ hours in that awful hot room again and my body, mind and stomach just couldn't take that. And yes they tell you to come at for example 8:00am, you come in, they wrte down that you came, and they wait till night time to interview you. So disrespectful! Basically the whole store is air conditioned except certain employee rooms like the one I had to sit in. It just shows how much they value their potential employees.

So good luck everyone, I hope you do well !

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you out of everyone else? what makes you different? What do you bring to the table?

What does going above and beyond mean to you?

Tell me about yourself?

Why best buy?

They love questions that start with "Tell me a time when..(inserts scenario)?"

examples include:
      Tell me about a time when you failed at something, how did you go about solving the problem?

Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer?

Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond?

Tell me about a time when you paid attention to detail?   Answer Question

Home Theater Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in August 2015.

Interview

I had an interview and they told me that they would let me know in a week but three weeks had passed and I didn't hear anything. Their HR is horrible and some of the employees are rude.

Interview Questions

• Which department would you say is your most knowledgeable?   Answer Question

Best Buy Mobile Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Was given a phone interview by someone up in New Jersey. I received no heads-up about what questions to expect or what information to bring, and my management was reluctant to help. Questions were, I felt, extremely unrelated to the job itself or too complicated for the role.

Interview Questions

• What is your business strategy?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy in November 2015.

Interview

Basically, You had a phone call first to schedule your interview. The interview was all over the phone. Then the next thing was to have a behavioral question interview with the head of the software department. After that you would have the technical interview with the project lead. The interview was kind of difficult when it came to the technical interview and I felt like they really didn't make an effort to assist you.

Interview Questions

• The questions for the technical were very difficult and they way it was presented was over the phone. You would have a scenario on a problem and the interviewer would ask you for specific parts.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (New Orleans, LA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very long (multiple days between calls) an very intensive over the phone interviews. I never got a chance to meet anyone in the hiring process face to face. I had to call back on 2 occasions to follow up on my progress even though I was told I was a frontrunner for the position. It almost seemed as if they were stalling or had already picked someone and was just waiting for something to clear through. Seemed very impersonal and I was left with more questions than answers

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a bad review for your direct supervisor?   Answer Question

Stock Room Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

They were really cool and understanding people but it was a booklet full of questions like an exam, they would hide the booklet and ask you 1 out of 3 questions that was written on the paper....you will have to get an interview with the assist manager and if you pass then you get another interview with more questions from the manager of the store.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Louisville, KY) in October 2014.

Interview

Was contacted for an interview and asked to be there 10-15 minutes before scheduled interview time. Arrived 15 minutes early and was told to wait by customer service as it would be just a couple of minutes. 2 1/2 hours later after being told over and over that it would just be a moment, I asked if they needed to reschedule or if they wanted me to continue waiting. They told me to return the next day for the interview. I returned the next day (once again 15 minutes early) and was told it would just be a couple of minutes and to wait by customer service. 1 1/2 hours later I was asked if they could reschedule and they would call me with a new interview time. I came back again a third time (15 minutes early) and was told it would be just a moment and to wait by customer service. After 25 minutes I was told that they wanted to reschedule and had tried to call me earlier. They didn't know when they wanted to reschedule the interview to so they told me to just come back at the same time the next day. I decided that if giving an interview was too difficult a task at this particular location that I would probably be safer not working there and did not return the fourth time.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected question was if they could reschedule my interview a fourth time.   Answer Question