Best Buy Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2016

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Union, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Terrible and unorganized, was scheduled for a 3pm interview and showed up an hour early to wait until that time and then having someone tell me the hr manager isn't here cause he left early.

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Savannah, GA) in June 2010.

Interview

The interview process was lacking compared to many other Best Buy competitors. However, Savannah's Best Buy is notorious for rude and uncaring management. They drag out the process, and just when you think you are getting somewhere...you get nothing. I will say, however, that I interviewed in Washington,DC and it was a much smoother process. I was interviewed on the phone first, then the SAME DAY the manager called me back and said that he wanted me to come in for an interview the NEXT DAY, and then, I was offered a position. Much more professional than Savannah's store.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   2 Answers
    • What makes you more qualified than the other applicants.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (City of Industry, CA) in December 2007.

Interview

Submitted an offer online, was called and asked to come in for an interview. I was told to fill out a secondary application inside of another room. Interviewer finally showed up nearly a half hour after my scheduled time. She did not shake my hand or greet me, and made no eye contact whatsoever. She looked over my application, and asked questions about my employment history. She was very unfriendly about it. After a few minutes of that, she said they may call me in a week or so and had me leave. Very unnerving experience - interviewer made me feel like I was wasting her time before she had the chance to meet me. Did not ask about my qualifications. Her only questions were my history.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current company a second time?   2 Answers
    • [Follow-Up to question 1] So you went to work with them again a second time knowing full well the work was only temporary?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Austin, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

3 interviews that had to go trough , one was with a supervisor , next supervisor and manager and finally with the store manager all together. After that was a lot of training.

Interview Questions

• Something hard that happened and how did I resolve it.   Answer Question

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Windsor, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quick and straight to the point. My interviewer was cool and easy going. He asked me about my previous work experience related to the job I am applying for. He also ask sales and customer service experience. I am on their waiting list because they are still waiting for the schedule of their current employee, if its not going to work out, they said they will call me within 30 days. Overall, my experience at Best Buy was great.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why do you want to apply at Best Buy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Orlando, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

Sat you down with 2 leaders in the department. They asked you questions on how you can perform on computers and with customers. The interview was upbeat and friendly. I couldn't ask for a better team to interview with.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Geek Squad CIA Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montebello, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Montebello, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Overall it went great. I was pretty confident and prepared going into the interview. There were others applying for the same position but with my experience and knowledge I was able to knock it out of the park. pretty easy interview and basic questions that they asked. after my interview the manager at the time had made their decision and made me an offer.

Interview Questions

• The interview was a combination of questions and answers. mainly they wanted to know how competent I was with technology. the questions varied from what would you do, to have you ever doubt with this before. One was if the computer isnt booting into the operating system what could of caused this?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Denver, CO) in November 2011.

Interview

Very relaxed and they got right to the point. Was notified within 24 hours of hire. I applied for the position online and received a phone call for a screening. At that time, I was asked by the General Manager to come in for an in person interview. I did not feel intimidated and was very please of the outcome.

Interview Questions

• What was my career goals at Best Buy   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not have to negotiate and was satisfied with my offer.

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Johnson City, TN) in September 2011.

Interview

Was given a brief run down of my technical skills, ability to deal with customer service situations, and work the general public in regards to technology. was asked general questions regarding past experience, strengthens and weakness, and what I would bring to them as a company

It was a typical 1 to 1 interview with the store manager over that department. it was a somewhat relaxed environment, and was not a high pressure situation

Interview Questions

• was asked to give a 60 seconds commercial about myself   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (College Station, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online, waited a week or two, got a phone call for an interview, set a time and a date, had the interview with the lady that called me, we rescheduled for a second interview just a few days down the road, had an interview with Pete Cambel - the General Manager of the store - set a time for my first shift, he gave me a shirt and a temporary name tag, and then I had a job. Yay!

Interview Questions

• If I was tech savvy and knew my way around a computer.   1 Answer