Best Buy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2017
3,586 Interview Reviews

2.4

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online April 9th
    Got the call after a week to schedule a one on one with supervisor.
    That went well asked a couple of " what would you do questions"...
    He told me interview went well and to expect a call....waited a week ....nothing ..called left message ....got a call 20 minutes after,to schedule with GM...went well sat in Magnolia section on the store..very nice ..role played selling a TV....that's it
    .she said that I didn't really need to..just something she does. ...overall went well

Interview Questions

• where do u see yourself in 2 yrs??   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Best Buy (Coral Springs, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Three interviews pretty basic and friendly people overall. Asked about why I wanted to work there and about my previous skills. Also asked what kind of animal I would be if I got to choose..which was pretty random. But it was fun and kept very simple !

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Olympia, WA) in September 2013.

Interview

There was a phone interview first.
    I was then called in for a personal interview with a department head.
    After a few days I was called back in for an interview with personnel and the store manager.

Computer Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Best Buy (Hickory, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Walked in during the job fair they had the day and interviewed with the dept supervisor, not much to the questions as far as tech wise - was more focused on customer service

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Champaign, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Submit your online application if there is a job available. Get a call if they are interested, and have a primary interview with your intended supervisor. Second interview is with store manager, if you're hired its on the spot after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• What is a sales situation you have been in?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (San Luis Obispo, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I turned in an application online and within the week they called me with a short phone interview just going over the info I gave them. Afterwards I met with one of the general managers for an interview in person. Finally, I had a third interview with the main manager of the store. Overall, they were friendly and treated me with kindness and respect.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous experience in sales?
      Give an example of a difficult task at your last job and how you handled it.
      1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Timonium, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Timonium, MD).

Interview

I applied for the job and was called back in a few days. I was given a job on the spot and started only days after the interview. It didn't take long for this process to start and be completed. It was an incredible experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about your skills as a salesperson?   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Arlington, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, screening interview. The process took about three weeks offered next level interview. The screening interview is all that is discussed in this review. A good experience.
    Some back and forth on phone to get to next level.

Interview Questions

• General situational, sales process. multi tasking.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Best Buy (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Took about 2-3 weeks overall. Applied for position online, was initially contacted about 1 week after applying to set up phone interview with recruiter. after phone interview, set up panel interview within 2 days. Decision was made within a day or so after panel interview and unlike most employers, I was contacted to let me know they went with internal candidate.

Phone interview with recruiter was simple. Wanted to know about past experience, why was I looking to leave current company, and a couple of basic situational questions. My app was pass along to general manager who wanted to set up panel interview pretty quick I suppose. I interviewed with recruiter on a Thursday, I was contacted on a Saturday to proceed with store interview for that following Wed.

The panel interview consisted of 4 General Manager from different stores throughout the market/district. I was asked a few questions about my work history and why I was looking to leave current role in which I went into much detail so it gave enough to jump right into the actual interview. All had situational questions they took turns asking. This was a very laid back interview. Considering I have 13 years worth of sales/retail experience and just as much leadership, the questions were simple as they related to my most current role and I enjoy what I do and the results I've had working with different teams in the business. After about 10 questions, I had the floor in which I asked very detailed questions about structure and company direction because of my genuine interest with company. I've followed them the last 12 years I've been in retail.

Overall, it was great. I am normally very energetic and pretty much an open book which is what the role calls for however, as with any other company, they always seek to promote one of their own first. I understand the importance of employee loyalty .I was contacted directly by the GM who informed me that the panel was impressed with my interview and resume and that he would hold on to my resume and contact me with an opening in the market however, they went with an internal who I am sure has been working their butt off to get that position so I could not even be upset. I was more relieved knowing that this team takes care of its associates and made me even more excited about a possible future opportunity. You don't always get this type of courtesy and support from retail employers and its nice to see its still out there.

I was contacted within 2-3 days after interview with decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time questions...
      How would you questions....
      Answer Question

Repair Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Best Buy (Flower Mound, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

the all process took 2 weeks .Easy and fair process. The recruiter called me and asked me a few basic questions . Next I went to best buy to the interview and the mangers asked me a basic questions about computers.