Best Buy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,929 Interview Reviews

2.4

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Phila, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Sit with one of the department managers in a room while they read questions from a paper. They ask you about previous employment and handling sales and customers. Just be honest because they do not judge on appearance but on genuine attitude and work ethic.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to solve a problem and how you resolved the issue?   Answer Question

Geek Squad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Alexandria, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, then went in side to register interest. Went in for interview, a couple days later. employees asked questions and talked for a bit, I was unprepared. Drew blanks on questions.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

2 Interview process. First one with department manager. Second one with GM. Straight forward questions. The first one was a basic screen. Second one seemed to instill less confidence as I left. Just the demeanor of the manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past customer service experience.   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

3 rounds interview, prescreen on the phone, in person with direct manager and with director or vp.

It takes around 1-2 week before they make an offer, if you have someone work at BestBuy that you know would be a plus.

Cyber Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Best Buy (Richfield, MN) in December 2017.

Interview

Phone interview took 30 minutes. It was a combination of networking concepts and system . After which i was brought in to meet with the team members. The in-person interview took different approaches. scenario based questions were asked, direct definitions, port numbers and their functions. The importance of security to an organization. I had the opportunity to ask questions to the interviewer and get their response. The interview was more of sharing ideas between the team and myself.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between UDP and TCP?   1 Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Westland, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

Online application to three interview process, where three different people interviewed me. Asking me multiple questions about why Best Buy, How can I be a benefit. Then other question based on how you answer their questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you help someone on a product you know nothing about?   1 Answer

Lifestyle Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Very fast, easy going interviewer. Mostly questions about personal life and interests. Barely any position specific questions. Interview was held in a conference room at a local best buy. Most of the questions were just used to try to know you and see how you work in a team environment,

Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

3 interviews consisting of a phone interview and 2 in person interviews. Phone interview was very basic questions while the in person was a little tougher. Asked a lot of on the spot decision questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Charlottesville, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Pretty standard process. Questions about customer service experience, processes, times of difficulty, times of team work, and questions on flexibility on hours. Took about 30 minutes or so. Pretty easy overall, nothing to be scared of.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome a challenging customer.   1 Answer

Geek Squad Interview

Anonymous Employee in Utica, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Utica, MI) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview is pretty straight forward, they ask about your skills and previous employment status. They will tend to ask a few trick questions about security. They give you the opportunity to ask questions at the end which tend to have them lean more towards saying yes.

Interview Questions

• If your supervisor took a bottle of monster and didn't pay for it immediately, what would you do?   1 Answer