Best Buy Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2016

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Northbrook, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

You meet with the lead agent/manager of the store, and from there they ask you some questions, but nothing really notating you knowledge. The manager I dealt with didn't seem too sharp on how to fix PC's nor do anything really technical.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the most challenging things I had done.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Best Buy

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Austin, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

3 interviews that had to go trough , one was with a supervisor , next supervisor and manager and finally with the store manager all together. After that was a lot of training.

Interview Questions

• Something hard that happened and how did I resolve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trumbull, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Trumbull, CT).

Interview

First interview was basically figuring out what I could offer the company and honestly that was the easy part but I have a bachelor's in computer networking and this job only required a highschool diploma.

These second interview was the part that was beyond stupid. Asked opinionated questions and I remember the manager asked me what my favorite store was.. Maybe he wanted me to kiss up and say best buy but I didn't and instead said Newegg. That wasn't good enough and so he wanted a physical store. At that point I drew a blank and said Walmart lol. Pretty sure that essentially cost me the chance of getting that job but tbh idc. I needed something temporary and with having a degree I think the guy knew that as well.

If you really want to work for best buy and they ask you a loaded question like that, make sure you do not say WALMART, TARGET, or even AMAZON!

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite store   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Huntsville, AL) in June 2016.

Interview

If you have a lot on your resume and have a very friendly personality, you will be hired almost instantly. I got a call the day after I submitted my application. I met a supervisor the next day and was liked by him a lot. I met the manager the day after that and he hired me on the spot - didn't even ask any questions.. He said "I already have all that I need." If you're confident and have a good educational background + achievements in the computer world, it's like a hot knife through butter. It's not necessary to go all out clothes wise - other employees that got hired wore a polo, nice looking shorts/pants, belt, and whatever shoes looked best with the rest of the outfit.

It doesn't matter what 70 year old grandpa told you on some job forum about clothes - especially if he told you to wear a suit or tie/dress shirt/dress pants/dress shoes to the interview. You'll end up looking just as dumb as the guy who came to the interview in a suit in 95 degree Alabama weather and almost died from sweating bucketfuls. Just wear clean clothes; a little bit above average than casual.

The only employees that had very difficult interviews and hiring processes were ex-drug junkies or people who got in a lot of trouble with the law. If you're one of those people, you better have a very good plan to tell your employer regarding how you will fix yourself and contribute to the company.

Smile, don't chew on your fingers when being questioned or answering, stay away from "ummmm's", and clear your mind before the interview. You'll be fine. You've got this.

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Corpus Christi, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

I met with the General Manager and after has asked me why I was applying, the Geek Squad manager came into the room and he asked me the more specific questions. It was about 20-30 minutes. Once they were done, they tell you how much they are going to pay you and tell you not to share it with anyone.

Interview Questions

• "How long have you been working on computers?"

"How are you with customers?"

"How do you deal with irate customers?"
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Dallas, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

It was slow and took a little longer than anticipated to get hire on, phone interview followed by in person interview with GM. Followed by drug test paid for by Best Buy. 2 weeks of calling every other day to receive job offer.

Interview Questions

• General Questions about character.   1 Answer

Geek Squad, Agent (CIA) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Windsor, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quick and straight to the point. My interviewer was cool and easy going. He asked me about my previous work experience related to the job I am applying for. He also ask sales and customer service experience. I am on their waiting list because they are still waiting for the schedule of their current employee, if its not going to work out, they said they will call me within 30 days. Overall, my experience at Best Buy was great.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why do you want to apply at Best Buy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lufkin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Lufkin, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

I submitted my application online one week prior to receiving a phone call. This phone call would be my first initial interview or something of a screening call. The call was very informal with them asking simple questions about my work history. Afterwards the interviewer was satisfied enough to schedule an in-person interview at the store I applied to. During the in-person interview I first talked with the manager of the computer department, who asked me questions about their services and whether I was competent enough to perform them (virus removal, setups, simple hardware repairs). The manager, who gave me the green light right then and there, had the manager of the store interview me next. The interview with the store manager was less of an job interview and more of a "get to know me" session. I was offered the position right then, and we discussed the next steps in my employment.

Anonymous Employee in North Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Best Buy (North Aurora, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

What you would do differently in the company and explain experience you have with other employers.Make sure you are good sales and knowledgeable in tech products.Make sure you dress up no jeans.

Interview Questions

• What would you do when approached by a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Orlando, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

Sat you down with 2 leaders in the department. They asked you questions on how you can perform on computers and with customers. The interview was upbeat and friendly. I couldn't ask for a better team to interview with.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question