Best Buy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,709 Interview Reviews

2.4

Video/Television Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Best Buy (Deerfield, IL).

Interview

Basically it was down and dirty. Almost no questions about my experience or where I wanted to work in the store. I met with the store manager who seemed very knowledgeable . Because the interview was so close to the holiday season he was in a hurry to fully staff the store. That was the priority as compared to my desires.

Interview Questions

• What do I know about computers?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Applied through staffing agency and got call from them after 3 weeks and set up a interview with director and asked behavioral questions at round 1 with director . Couldn't get to go for the second round .

Interview Questions

• How do you gather requirements   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Great all around. Very open and resourceful. I love the fact that they are willing to help me get further in my career and with school. Cant wait for a call back.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Bloomington, IN) in June 2017.

Interview

About 10 days after submitting my online application, I received a phone call from the HR person. She asked a few questions about availability, and then said they'd like to schedule an interview, which I was able to schedule for the very next day.

When I arrived at the store, I went to the customer service desk and told them I was there for an interview, after which they went back to let the manager know. The person running the interview was the front end manager, and she walked be into the back to her office. Overall, she asked a lot of questions - some of which were kind of difficult. If you have previous retail experience, that is almost required because most of the questions were geared toward customer service. She seemed pretty impressed by most of my answers though, and after interview told me she would definitely pass me on for the second interview with the store manager. This first interview was on a Wednesday.

On Friday of the same week, I got a call from the HR person saying they would like to schedule me for a second interview with the store manager. I was able to schedule it for later that same day. For the second interview, the store manager asked only a few general questions about why I want to work there, and what I think I bring to the table. Then, he offered me the job on the spot. The entire process from application to job offer took about two weeks.

To sum up, always dress nice for an interview. Since I'm a guy, I wore khakis with a button-down shirt and tie. Don't err on the side of casual-ness. Previous retail experience is definitely a plus for answering most of the questions in the first interview. If they call you for a second interview, you can usually be pretty sure you'll get the job, as long as the store manager finds everything to be what the first manager told him or her about you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Best Buy?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you dealt with an angry customer, and the steps you took to deal with the situation?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you dealt with a difficult coworker, and the steps you took to deal with the situation?   Answer Question
    • What is the main thing you would have changed about your previous work environment?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you would be a good employee for Best Buy?   Answer Question
    • What was the hardest task you had to do at a previous job?   Answer Question

Human Resources Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

The interviewer was late in placing the call to me, and the conversation ended up being short and negative. The interviewer was dismissive, condescending, rude and interrupted me while speaking. After extensive preparations and research about the company, the interview essentially was over as soon as I indicated that I currently was doing temporary contract work for a previous employer, as I had left my previous job to relocate to the area. There were absolutely no questions or opportunities to talk about achievements, successes or past work experiences. After her obvious distaste for my response to her question as to how I communicated with my team in a prior role, which was not that dissimilar to Best Buy's process, she went on to lecture me about the need to be receptive to different ways of doing things. She wanted to know how HR could save money for the organization. I wish I had commented that one of the most cost-effective measures for Best Buy could be to train its customer service employees, as customer interactions directly affect the bottom line. After my experience with the recruiter, my perception is that the dismissive attitude comes directly from the top. She was looking for a negative report about the last feedback conversation with my manager. When I offered a positive response, the interview was over. I withdrew myself from consideration.

Interview Questions

• What was the last feedback conversation with your boss? How many employees and how many people did you manage (don't provide any additional information than that)?   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Was called in to interview all the way at bronx, when the job I was applying for was located in brooklyn. Interview lasted 5 min and the hr representative had clearly already made her judgement on me before the interview began. She couldn't care less about my responses and said I would hear back in 2 weeks if anything, which was clear it wouldn't happen.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous job?   1 Answer

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Angelo, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (San Angelo, TX).

Interview

Went in prepared and dressed as if I was interviewing for a management position. The interviewer seemed impressed and I knew before saying goodbye that I had the job. He asked a few personality questions, which seems prescribed by Best Buy Human Resources, but overall, the interview was simple and painless.

Interview Questions

• What do you think we (Best Buy) should do to employees who are caught stealing product from the store?   1 Answer

Geek Squad Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Allentown, PA).

Interview

Just asked a few questions regarding technology, trends within the industry, and wanted to see my adeptness with technology. Could I sell a product or recommend a product to a customer.

Mobile Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Brief over the phone , then face to face. Then I believe you get a quick interview with the general manager of the store. Then they make the final decision

Verizon Expert Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

My interview consisted of 3 other people: the store manager, the operation manager, and the mobility manager. The interview was very laid back compared to other interviews I've had in the past few months. They were very nice and it was easy to talk and joke around with them.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you received excellent customer service and why did it stick with you?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to work with a coworker you didn't get along with and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to work in a team environment and what did you like and dislike about it?   Answer Question