Best Buy Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

1,784 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

There is a three step process. The first interview is pretty much a phone interview. They ask about you and want to see if you have any questions about the company and/or about them. Ask questions.w

Interview Questions

• Tell my about a time where you dealt with an irate customer. What did you do and what was the result?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Geneva, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I was called and had an interview scheduled after passing the online test and application process. Had an interview with the Assistant Store Manger, who was very unprofessional, and actually dropped several F-bombs in the process of the interview

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you've failed to reach a goal and how did you respond to that?   Answer Question

Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Apple Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Apple Valley, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Scenario based questions, easy atmosphere, immediate feedback. All questions felt very in line with the job position; no extraneous questions were asked. The interview was done 1:1 but multiple people did come and go from the interview room, as it was an office.

Connected Devices Sales Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I applied for a merchandiser position online and a week later I got a call which was a phone interview then I met with the warehouse manager he asked me some questions from a packet and then asked if I had any questions about 2 hours later I get a
    call asking if I was interested in another open position of connected sales device consultant and I say yes and they schedule an interview with the head of the department I get asked questions from a packet then they ask me if I have any questions then 2 days later I get a call to set up an interview with the general manager which was the last step the interview went great until I mentioned my autism he asked a few questions about it then asked me if I would be okay working in a busy store with my disability I tell him it would be no problem but he seems a little discouraged by it He tells me I will get a call by Monday with an offer or non offer I never got a call and was notified by email about 6 days later that they were no longer considering me for the position I can't prove it but I think he discriminated me because of my autism

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY).

Interview

Quick interview starts out with asking for examples of overcoming obstacles and shrink related questions. Once the first interview went the second interview with the general manager asking more personal questions like life goals.

Interview Questions

• If you saw an employee steal, what would you do.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Simple straight forward interview. Requires two interviews, one with a manager then the next with the GM. Typically lasting around 20 minutes for the interviews. Having prior retail experience will show when answering most questions.

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

interview has standard questions and not alot of personal interaction as far as your character goes. there is apparently an expectation to bring in a chart of what you will do for the position in your first 180 days. there was no expectation given for this, just an expectation during the interview. I was told "you interviewed perfectly. there isnt anything you could have done better than you did, but since you are friends with your peers, i cannot give you a job where you would be in charge of them. I cant take you serious when you are friends with them" This made no sense to me since the team was always looking for ways to make "team building activities" and my prior store struggled to get us to do things together outside of work.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if an associate was stealing candy bars?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Phones interview process was painful and extremely specific to weed out many external candidates. Be prepared for in-depth, metric-based questions designed to give the unprepared lower standardized scores. In-person interview goes a little further in-depth around specific management experience and achievements. This was more of what would expect for a salaried management interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to have a difficult conversation as the Sales Floor Leader.   1 Answer

Mobile Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call 6 days later at 10 in the morning (I have school). HR scheduled an interview 2 days later. Went to the store, asked for the person I called, waited 20 minutes. Had the interview, talked to the sales team. Received an email a few days later saying I was no longer under consideration.

Interview Questions

• What is a goal that you failed to reach, and what did you do afterwards?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

As any time a fulfill the form online & answer a test online, I received a email for phone interview, passing that interview, I write a email to the person in charge and I have a personal interview with store manager.

After few weeks of dealing with the person in charge I write a email and I received a answer the position is going to be not fill by the corporation.

Interview Questions

• 1.- Why I'm applying for that position?
      2.- How deal with problems on store?
      3.- Top 3 the best and worst departments I like to work?
      1 Answer