Best Buy Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

1,949 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Quick, but I could tell the Hiring Manager wasn't interested in me as soon as I took a seat.
    He only asked a few questions. There were 2 people who interviewed before me, so his decision was laready made.

Anonymous Employee in Colonial Heights, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Colonial Heights, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied and interviewed at Best Buy (Colonial Heights, VA) on October 22nd, 2017 at 9:00 am it was quick and easy, and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a decently paid job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Why Best Buy?   1 Answer
    • Give me an example of how you went above and beyond for the customer?   1 Answer
    • If hired, what position would you prefer?   1 Answer
    • What's your expected rate of pay?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

great interview process but managers are usually busy and reschedule. if done again i would call and call again to try and get this position. YOU SHOULD CALL IT GREATLY INCREASES YOUR CHANCES OF AN INTERVIEW.

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you needed to work with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied and got a call, a very nice woman asked me about my interest, work experience, availability, and then she told me that she was going to review my information a let me know

Seasonal Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merced, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Merced, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and the next day they called me up randomly for a phone interview. I was in the middle of something and couldn't take it and ended up having to call them back.

Interview Questions

• What's your availability?   Answer Question
    • How would you help a customer if they walked into your department and knew nothing about the technology?   Answer Question
    • Think about a team you worked in. What was your favorite and least favorite part about working with them?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Pearland, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

the interview was quick he asked a couple of what if and why do I want to work for best buy questions and I received a call 3 hours later saying that I got the job.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone interview the next day. Later told me that they wanted a interview in person. After I went to the interview in person, I got a job offer through email.

Interview Questions

• What have you done that have impacted a person in a good way?   Answer Question

Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Tucson, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

Got an interview call the day after I put in my application. It was two days after that I was scheduled to come in for an interview. I was originally supposed to have an interview with the hiring manager but he had decided to step aside and have someone else do my interview while he just sat there....... Overall I felt that the interview was going well at the beginning. I was giving answers to my best knowledge and also being professional. Between halfway through the interview I did feel that the vibe had changed with the woman that had taken over the interview. Wasn't exactly sure what I might have said or if she didnt like my body language but something did change the vibe of the interview. I had already realized that I did not get this position. That interview was on a Friday I did follow up with the hiring manager with a phone call the Wednesday after I then received an email that Thursday informing me that I wasn't chosen for the position. I honestly don't feel that the hiring process was professional or fair.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartsdale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Hartsdale, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I got there 15 minutes early for no reason because the guy showed up half-an-hour late so that was annoying. But other than that it was pretty simple. They asked about previous work experiences and availability and that's it. The manager who interviewed me was super chill.

Interview Questions

• If I had any experience working in Sales   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Millerville, East Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Millerville, East Baton Rouge, LA) in October 2017.

Interview

I sent in an application and received an interview call two days later. I went in for the first interview which led to the second in a single day. The next day I received a job offer over email.

Interview Questions

• How would you interact with a customer that came in with no technical knowledge looking for an item.   1 Answer