Best Buy Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,219 Interview Reviews

2.3

1,219 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager called me for a pre-interview and offered an interview. It was a two stage interview with the hiring manager and then the general manager of the store I applied to. Interview was smooth and fun!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Ontario, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online, pre-interview on the phone about hours, wage and 1-2 behavioural questions, followed by a request to set up an interview appointment for the following day. Interview was 10-15 minutes. 6-7 questions.

Interview Questions

• Best customer service experience ? What made it so great?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy in October 2017.

Interview

Interview went well (So I thought). Easy questions to answer. Very smooth process. Went to follow up with a phone call manager hung up the phone 3 times. Finally my 4th try a few days later I got in touch with him. The reply after I followed up was "Yeah, we were overstaffed the whole time." I asked "So this process was pointless?" He said "yes" and hung up the phone.

Holiday Gaming Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Fort Wayne, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied at the beginning of September and got a call about 3 weeks later for an interview, I went in and the person that interviewed me was very nice, he told me that i had to come back for a final interview at the end of the week

Interview Questions

• When was a time you went above and beyond to help someone?   Answer Question
    • When did you have to work with someone you didn’t get along with, what was end result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online, they called me back a few days later, I interviews with the assistant store manager, then the next day i received a call to get interviewed by the GM

Anonymous Employee in Traverse City, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Traverse City, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online, got called within a week. The lady asked if I could come in the next day. Once I got there I was told the position I originally applied for has been filled. She had recommended (with my skills with computers) to apply for Seasonal Sales Consultant on their kiosk. After I applied I waited about 30 minutes(they were interviewing others) she had taken me into a back room where the two managers where. He told me that BestBuy uses the same interview process across the board(every BestBuy asks the same questions from the same interview packet) After some questions he had asked me what I would like to be paid, I had told him I would like $10, he said no, we're going to give you no less than $11.

Interview Questions

• If you we're a supervisor, how would you handle an employee theft? (candy bar)   1 Answer

Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Its was very simple. She was very nice. They give you a small interview over the phone before asking you to come in for a face to face interview. You have to take an assessment test before all though.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucker, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Tucker, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back about two weeks later, went in for the interview. It was a group interview, three at a time. Afterwards pulled to the side separately and told to expect a call for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the most irritating part of your previous job?   1 Answer

Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Fort Wayne, IN).

Interview

Fairly easy, go through several managers as quickly as they have time to see you. It was different for me because the highest person I had to interview with was the same as when I worked for the company several years ago.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of one situation where you had to over come an obstacle.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houma, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Houma, LA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied many times to Best Buy. I was not hired any of those times. Many applicantions were reviewed quickly. And i found out that i would not be getting the job moments after.

Interview Questions

• Would you go out your way to get someone to buy a product even after they say no?   Answer Question