Best Buy Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

1,118 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Sales Associate ( Cpu Department) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Hiring process consists of 3 interviews first is a phone interview, then an interview with the department manager and finally an interview with store manager. They run a background check and also require a urine analysis for drug testing . Good experience overall just a little drawn out (one month hiring process).

Interview Questions

• How would you explain RAM memory vs. Hard drive memory to an elder person   Answer Question

Computer Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

It was easy, there were two interviews, one with the department manager and one with the GM. I received my official offer about a week or two later. After that I had to go take a drug test (pee test)

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and completed the personality test. Got a call from Best Buy the next morning for an interview. It was a "what does can you come in for an interview" type so it gave me freedom to choose.

Arrive 10 minutes early, and was told to sit by the TVs while they call my interviewer. Taken to the back and was asked about 6-8 questions. Two interviews, one with a supervisor and one with the GM. Both happen to be on the same day. It was really relaxed with no unnecessary pressure while being interviewed. Both the GM and supervisor were really cool.

If you're a tech person or know a lot of stuff on a specific department, it'll be really easy and relaxed in the interview since it shows them that you have value to them as a hire.

Also after the GM finished the interview and ask if I had any questions for them, I asked when I would hear back about the interview process and they said today. They hired me on the spot, but still sent an email with all the paperwork to sign electronically and three locations you can do your drug test.

Interview Questions

• First interview: Mostly
      "Describe a time when ...." or "How did you approach...." type interview questions.

Second interview with GM:
      What do you do when you catch a sales associate stealing? (They asked me if I knew anyone working there and said friend instead of sales associate)
      Like and dislike about previous job.
      Responsibilities of previous job.

*Optional question you can answer*
      How much did you get paid on the your previous job?
      Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in October 2016.

Interview

Took about a week after applying to get a call. Came in for an interview. Interviewed twice that same day. Drug test and background check within 48 hours after. The application process was easy

Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Oxnard, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I got an email inviting me to a Best Buy "job fair". It was really a sort of mass interview, with applicants going two at a time. I was called back to an interview with the Store Manager the same day, and I was given an offer on the spot. Though the hiring process only took one day, it took another few days to wait for the drug screen and background check.

Home Theater Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Jacksonville, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Contacted by phone with phone interview then scheduled for interview with a manager, interview went very well have a third interview with the general manager in two days to determine if I get hired or not. Let your personality show they love it.

Interview Questions

• Situation questions about customers experience and teamwork and availability.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Still waiting for my third interview which basically means you got the job don't ask for less than 10 an hour.

Best Buy Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springdale, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Springdale, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online on Saturday and got called back the same day a few hours later. Passed my phone screen and got an interview on Sunday. Fairly easy interview, got a call back for a GM interview.

Multi Channel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was more so talking about the company, the interviewing manager and how long they've been with the company. They get to know a little about you though and your past experience. You get interviewed twice and then when they select you they send you an email to take the drug test and consent to a background check. You have three days to complete both. They call you in a few days afterwards for orientation.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you caught someone stealing merchandise?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online at their website. It took about 20 minutes. About a week later I got a call to schedule an interview. It went well and they hired me on the spot, although for a different position then the one I applied for

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you knew a co-worker was stealing   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

It is a three interview process until hired: Jobs recruiter, the department manager, and the Store manager. The interviews last around ten to fifteen minutes. They will want to know what are your goals and why do you qualify for this job. Once the interviews have completed they will tell you when they contact you about a possible start date.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work overtime during holiday season?   1 Answer