Best Buy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,755 Interview Reviews

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Miami, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online, I got a call from Best Buy about 3 days after. I got the call around 9:30 am. They asked me if I was still interested for the position and I set up an interview the following day at 1pm. I came in business attire, clean cut, shaved, dress pants, a nice dress shirt and a tie. The overall interview was pretty easy, the most important thing is be confident, affirmative, to sell yourself, don't be shy you have nothing to lose. Simple questions nothing crazy, it was a pretty short interview about 10 minutes. The interviewer then told me I would either get a call back the later that same day if they decided to proceed with my application or I would get an email saying they decided to go with another candidate. I was called back about 5 hours later, longest 5 hours of my life, I really wanted the job, they called to set up another interview with the general manager. The second interview was a bit longer than the first about 20-25 minutes. The second interview was also very easy, basic questions. For example: "If you were to get the job, what would be the most difficult thing working there?" when I was asked this question it took me a few seconds to think, and I told GM "To be honest I really don't see anything that would be too difficult, I'm sure there are things that are frustrating at times and tedious but nothing I couldn't handle" After the interviewer I was told on the spot I got the job and they would send me 2 emails one for the job offer and the other for a background check. As I was walking out I saw the sales manager who interviewed me the 1st time, I approached him and greeted him, he also asked me how the interview went with the GM. I told him it went great and I got the job, and he told me "I know you got the job" I was surprised by his answer, so later on that day I asked my close friend that had been working at the same best buy for about 6 months, and he told me that the sales manager is the one who practically selects the candidates for the job, and the GM just makes sure the candidate isnt a bum and what not. So i believe the 1st interview is most important in securing your job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you set a goal and came short of it? What did you learn from it?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Columbia, MO).

Interview

I was stood up for my interview in Columbia, MO by the management. I had already passed the phone interview and was in the store to have the face to face interview. Unfortunately, after asking two separate employees where to go, they both disappeared in the back and never returned.

Interview Questions

• I never got asked a question because my interviewer never showed up!   Answer Question

Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Arlington, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Spoke to both the Department Manager and the General Manager. Both were very nice men and I thank them for giving me such an opportunity. I was given a phone screening and after that I was scheduled for my first interview which was in store. That day I was scheduled for my second interview in store. After the second interview I was given an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• If I were to contact one of your previous employers, what would they say is your (best / worst) characteristic?   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Bronx, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview was pleasant enough even I didn't get a job. I believe even though Best Buy is an equal opportunity employer, I have never seen anyone above a specific age category. They hire young people for this type of positions that I have applied for.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about difficult customer handling and questions about employee honesty.   Answer Question

Best Buy Sales Consultant – Lifestyles Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I was called by the hiring manager and she wanted to set up an interview in 3 days. I did well on the first interview with the Lifestyles manager which was question about previous experiences, and earned a 2nd interview the next day which the Lifestyles managers liked me so much and felt confident in my abilities that he did not perform a second interview and offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you did not follow through with a promise you made in the work place.   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy in July 2017.

Interview

Submitted application online it also had a small skill check and behavioral test, got a call a couple weeks later, had a short phone interview and scheduled for an onsite interview at the retail store. Had first onsite interviwe with Sales Manager. He was very friendly and helped me feel relaxed and be myself. He scheduled the final interview with General Manager on a different day. The final interview was pretty short and pretty much the same questions as the first one. GM gave me an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you witness employee stealing a $1 candy bar?   1 Answer

Sales Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Questions were right to the point. Answer to the best of your ability and answer honestly. They were very nice and gave a comfortable interview environment. Dress nicely and good luck.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy in July 2017.

Interview

The process was like any other interview. They ask person questions like what i like to do in my freetime. Try to just be honest with them and you'll probably get the job.

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Bellevue, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

It was easy, just behavioral based questions. They were all nice and it was chill. Had an interview with three people in one day. Nothing was tricky or caught me off gaurd.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work environment do you like?
      Explain a time where you delt with someone difficult at work.   Answer Question

Home Theater Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Humble, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online, they called me next day. The interview was a very chill person. He asked me about loyalty and why Best Buy. He asked which position would you like in all the store.