Best Buy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Interview Questions

Interviews at Best Buy

4,657 Interview Reviews

2.4

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy in June 2016.

Interview

Didn't hear back for a week, called Best Buy and got an interview with the hiring manager. Two days later, I met with the general manager and received a job offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to go above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (College Park, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

Usually takes a few days to have an interview with the hiring manager, assistant manager and store manager. the first on is an over the phone interview if you pass then its with the assistant then general store manager.

Interview Questions

• If you saw one of your friends stealing something from the store even if its just a dollar, what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Oakland, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Boss was super late so it somewhat forced to give the job. employed on the spot with decent hourly salary. two people interviewed me. a manager and then once general manager arrived he interviewed. as i said i think because he was late i got the offer because man was i acting sloppy that day. anyways yay i like that place its alright very decent place and fun. The interview was not intimidating or hard. this was also in the season of shopping so they might of been very desperate to hire.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Charlotte, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Overview of past experience in retail and sales. Talked about the importance of communication. Discussed Best Buy mission statement and vision; also talked about how company is not based on commission. Went over my resume and all retail/customer service experience.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you had to overcome an obstacle in the workplace?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Peoria, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Very sloppy hiring process with some pretty easy questions, but took forever to finally get started. Never really given that much information on what to do. I usually had to be the one to contact them, but at least that shows incentive

Interview Questions

• If you could be anyone who would you be   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Sterling, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a good process. They tried to meet with me as quick as possible to make sure I was able to work as soon as I could. The management was really nice, and on my final interview it was a great time, with the management making it quite direct for me.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you want to walk away with in a sale?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Beavercreek, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Beavercreek, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

My interview was actually 4 different types. First, I discovered that Best Buy will mark down the people who actually call back about the job and that if you talk to a manager that is an interview - even if it only lasts for 5 minutes - and that phone conversation actually determines whether or not the hiring manager will even call you into the store for an interview. My second interview took place in the evening and lasted for 40 minutes. One thing I noticed and I don't know if this is important or not, is that they asked a lot of personnel questions such as "do you prefer Apple or PC and why?" or "what's your favorite piece of technology and why?"

Interview Questions

• - What separates Best Buy from Walmart?
      - Give an example of how you would negotiate a successful sale? What would you tell the customer?
      - What separates Best Buy from any electronics store?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Eau Claire, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

extremely easy, didnt even ask about computers, which i didnt like but it was very situation so they would bring up a situation and you would have to tell them what you would do in that siutation. If you have people skills you'll do just fine.

Anonymous Employee in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Fullerton, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

they were all your basic interview questions. make good eye contact, smile, show enthusiam. After applying on-line if you do not receive a response after 3 days-go into the store and ask for their hiring manager to introduce yourself and show interest in the position. be persistant but not bothersome. be personable!

Interview Questions

• if you saw another coworker take a soda and start drinking it and they told you they planned on paying for it later, what would you say/do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Riverside, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

It took about 2 weeks to be communicated and 2 weeks to be trained and start working. It was in total a 3 part interview, with 3 different managers interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• How have you overcome a difficult situation in sales when faced with an angry customer?   1 Answer