Best Buy Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,161 Interview Reviews

2.3

1,161 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy in March 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very lengthy but for the most part very chill. It took them a long time to actually schedule an interview after applying online (4 weeks approximately). I went through several interviews and by the time they hit me up for a final interview, I had a much better job offer from another company lined up, so I never called back..

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

3 interviews, each with a higher manager. After the third interview you will either get a job offer or they will tell you they will call you for further questions.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dothan, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Dothan, AL).

Interview

Applying for the job was simple enough. All that it required was going online on one of their in-store computers, filling out an application, and inserting the name of the employee who referenced you to the job (if there was one). The employee who referenced me also recommended that I apply at home as well for good measure. Within a short amount of time (perhaps a week or two), I was called in for an interview.

Come interview day, I found myself waiting with about two other people who, it turned out, would be interviewing with me as part of a group interview. Once we were called back, we were sat at a table in front of two managers who welcomed us, gave us some general information about the company, and asked us questions related to our past experiences in retail (if we had any) and how we may have dealt with difficult situations in those environments. After this, we were sent out so that the managers could evaluate their notes and consider who to hire.

After a few minutes, I was called back into the room. They offered me a job, which I accepted; however, I don't believe I was their first choice. It turns out that, according to the managers, one of the interviewees left after the interview and didn't come back, so an offer couldn't be extended to him, and the other interviewee declined the offer. So, they were left with me. After accepting the offer, they asked me my opinion on the best system to boost employee moral (e.g. bonus, employee of the month, etc.). They thanked me for my answer and I started to leave, but not before having my mismatched belt (black) and shoes (brown) critiqued by one of the managers. I understand now the importance of fashion rules, but the way she remarked about what I was wearing (which was otherwise harmless--light blue button down shirt with a knotted tie and khaki trousers) came across a bit sharply. This was perhaps my only negative takeaway from the interview (obviously not important enough to not take the job).

In a matter of days, I was called in for training, and the rest is history. Not at all a bad interview process. Just go in with your thoughts collected and any knowledge about the company which you can gather and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a difficult situation which you were able to overcome with a positive resolution.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Geneva, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I was called and had an interview scheduled after passing the online test and application process. Had an interview with the Assistant Store Manger, who was very unprofessional, and actually dropped several F-bombs in the process of the interview

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you've failed to reach a goal and how did you respond to that?   Answer Question

Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Apple Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Apple Valley, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Scenario based questions, easy atmosphere, immediate feedback. All questions felt very in line with the job position; no extraneous questions were asked. The interview was done 1:1 but multiple people did come and go from the interview room, as it was an office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Roseville, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

lame they didnt wanna be there they wanted to go to lunch since a pizza company dropped off free food, some ate during interview which i found to be very very cvery rude

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Simple straight forward interview. Requires two interviews, one with a manager then the next with the GM. Typically lasting around 20 minutes for the interviews. Having prior retail experience will show when answering most questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online then got a call about 3 weeks later. Talked on the phone then got an interview scheduled for the week after. Went to to the interview, dressed very business like, very fast and very straightforward.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy in December 2016.

Interview

full of information about the position.
    questions about view of internal theft
    not long.
    two interviews
    drug test
    background test
    must go to sales induction after hired
    must keep up with learning lounges to remain employed

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY).

Interview

After I applied, I got a phone call to ask me if I was interested in the position, the person that call me was a girl and her position was something related to new hires and training, then I went in for an interview with the sales manager, he asked me a few normal questions about scenarios and why I was choosing bestbuy and then one last interview with the store manager, where I was asked scenario questions again.